talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Of all the ones to mention, you chose Ched Evans who's conviction was quashed :what:

Just typed some of the names that hit my eye, as I said to name a few, Cantona I love as a United player but when he did the kung fu kick he became a big moron to me.   

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Of all the ones to mention, you chose Ched Evans who's conviction was quashed :what:

That wasn't a vindication of how he behaved, whether you believe he was convicted rightly or wrongly, his behaviour was still horrific. 

He's now held up as some sort of cause celebre by the usual 'Mens rights' groups. 

Edited by The Artful Dodger

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

That wasn't a vindication of how he behaved, whether you believe he was convicted rightly or wrongly, his behaviour was still horrific. 

He's now held up as some sort of cause celebre by the usual 'Mens rights' groups. 

I didn't mean it like that. Just meant there were others who could have been chosen.

3 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

@Redcanuck

Will Ole still be in his job come the next window?

He's skating on thin ice,  United aren't going to get into the Champions League under Ole and that seems to be the yardstick on how the Glazers measure managers.  So I don't expect him to reach the summer window, the January one I am not sure.  

Supposedly Woodward has already spoken to Pochettino. There are rumours that Pochettino is also taking with another club possibly Real Madrid so he could turn us down or be using United to get a better deal from Real. If Poch is the one United want and he wants to come, they need to act sooner rather than later.  So Everton could be Solskjaer's last game.

I think Pochettino is a good manager, but the situation at United needs more than a good manager to fix.  Woodward's role and the need for a DOF are issues that aren't going away.  What Pochettino wants regarding those issues and how much control the Glazers and Woodward will give him remains to be seen.

In the end United might not want to change the present situation enough to make it a good fit for Pochettino.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I think Pochettino is a good manager, but the situation at United needs more than a good manager to fix.  Woodward's role and the need for a DOF are issues that aren't going away.  What Pochettino wants regarding those issues and how much control the Glazers and Woodward will give him remains to be seen.

In the end United might not want to change the present situation enough to make it a good fit for Pochettino.

He looked and sounded confident today. Really dont help some of the boys he played with putting the boot in after every poor result.  You have to wonder whoever they have been talking too don't fancy Sancho. Not sure about Poch. He made his name at the perfect club for not winning anything. United are a different animal who are desperate for success to return. Taking note of all the big name free agents the Glazers have attraced to their gridiron team has to make you wonder why there is a lack of going for it at their real football club?

• Subscriber

Paul Pogba 'cannot be happy' at Man Utd - France boss Didier Deschamps

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba "cannot be happy" with his situation at the club, says France manager Didier Deschamps.

Pogba has figured in 11 games for the Old Trafford side this season but started in just five of those.

He was again on the bench at Everton last Saturday before coming on after 82 minutes in a much-needed 3-1 win for United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Pogba is with France's squad for games against Finland, Portugal and Sweden.

"He is in a situation with his club where he cannot be happy, neither with his playing time nor with his positioning," said Deschamps.

"He is not in his best period, he has had a series of injuries and the Covid-19 which has hit him quite hard. He needs to find his rhythm.

"With me, there is no such concern. When a player is in discomfort in his club, obviously, he is happy to play for the France team.

"He will tell me about his feelings and, as I know him very well, it will go in a positive direction."

Pogba, 27, re-joined United when he signed for £89m from Juventus in 2016.

The last time he was on international duty in October he said it was "a dream" for him to play for Real Madrid one day.

Later that month, United triggered the one-year option on Pogba's contract as they extended his deal with them until 2022.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54843159

18 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I see Mason Greenwood is the new target for the media. “Poor application in training” the story. 

Despite what I said earlier, I agree. He should just refuse to play for England, his club are miles bigger than the English national team and the only people who support England are either far-right dickheads or gormless, chinless wonders. 

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Despite what I said earlier, I agree. He should just refuse to play for England, his club are miles bigger than the English national team and the only people who support England are either far-right dickheads or gormless, chinless wonders. 

It would appear the far-right dickheads are the media, for the most part. 

• Subscriber

Rashford, Greenwood, Telles, Shaw - Manchester United injury list and expected return dates

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has angrily hit out at the fixture schedule for this season.

Mason Greenwood

Greenwood missed the win over Everton due to illness as a stop-start beginning to the season continued.

The young attacker was left out of the England senior squad and was also not selected for the under-21s.

That was due to Manchester United asking for Greenwood to be rested due to a series of minor injuries and personal problems.

"It was felt from Man United that the best course of action was to sit out this one. He has had a lot of niggling injuries and a lot of things going on in his life," under-21s boss Aidy Boothroyd said of Greenwood's omission.

"At this moment in time he hasn't made this particular squad nor the senior squad but having worked with him and knowing the sort of player and character he is, I am sure he will bounce back and be in and around it come March, because he is a very good player."

What Solskjaer said: "He wasn't feeling well last night. Looked well in training but he reported last night he wasn't feeling well so can't travel."

Expected return date: November 21

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rashford-greenwood-telles-shaw-manchester-19283168

• 2 weeks later...

So Cavani could be in bother for his use of the word 'Negrito'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/30/edinson-cavani-fa-investigation-social-media-instagram-post

I do think context is key here, but it'll be interesting to see how it goes seeing as this was the word Suarez used and was banned for 8 games.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

• Administrator

Was Suarez' ban longer at that time because of previous offences? I can't remember what order he did all his shit so not sure if the racist staff was after any biting incidents.

11 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Hmmm. Why would he be so stupid as to share that? :dam:

As above, context is probably key.

I expect Cavani will be suspended for 3 games, he is definitely familiar with the Suarez/Evra situation and the implications of using that term in today's world.  The FA is not going to allow the cultural differences defence in the middle of their end racism campaign.  That being said there is a world of difference in the Suarez and Cavani incidents.  Suarez used the term multiple times,  up to ten Evra claimed, and used it to bait, to insult Evra and to throw him off his game.  Cavani was responding to a friend and used it in his mind as a friendly term. Still will result in a suspension anyway.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Was Suarez' ban longer at that time because of previous offences? I can't remember what order he did all his shit so not sure if the racist staff was after any biting incidents.

As above, context is probably key.

I think he's bitten people 3 times, only been banned for being a racist once.

Weird saying "only" for racist shite. One time is too many.

Here I don't think Cavani's been racist, he's just using the term the way it's used in Spanish speaking countries. The issue is we're not in a Spanish speaking country so he probably should be punished for it... even if that's a bit harsh.