talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

On 16/03/2021 at 07:55, Cicero said:

Really hate the Klopp comparisons when people mentioned Lampard. For one, Klopp had a proven background so was worth the risk. 

I personally believe Ole is the man who will have United, "just get by". I don't think he's the man to have them take the next step, and I reiterate, a lot depends on whether United win a trophy this season. 

• Subscriber
On 22/03/2021 at 14:19, Devil said:

Still in Europa league but I'm starting to think that's beyond us this season as well.

Ole seems to think the Europa is a lot easier to win than the FA Cup. :coffee:

Come the end of the season where we win fuck all and maybe finish in the top four Ole will give his little gnomish grin and say "We will go all out next season to win the Champions cup..." god, give me strength. O.o

8 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Ole seems to think the Europa is a lot easier to win than the FA Cup. :coffee:

Come the end of the season where we win fuck all and maybe finish in the top four Ole will give his little gnomish grin and say "We will go all out next season to win the Champions cup..." god, give me strength. O.o

Funny how we all loved that grin when he was banging in goals left, right and centre and yet now it's starting to annoy us.

Was speaking about this with my mate yesterday, what if we do go out of the Europa at some stage and we finish 3rd or 4th in the league. That would be due to a serious decline in form towards the end of the season. People are talking about the position of 2nd now as if he's actually got us into 2nd spot. Nothing is confirmed at this current time is it?

We could based on our form collapse and end up outside top four. 

How would the fans be towards Ole then? 

Club legend, loved, sang about for the last two decades. 

Will the fans turn on him as much as they would another manager in his position or will they just allow the club to work him out without any sort of protest?

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Devil said:

How would the fans be towards Ole then

Great player in his playing days but manager wise at United total zero, but even if he did go you will still have pricks like the Glazers & Woody hanging around.

If he did pull a miracle off and win the Europa I will stop calling him the smiling little gnome  :eek: 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Great player in his playing days but manager wise at United total zero, but even if he did go you will still have pricks like the Glazers & Woody hanging around.

If he did pull a miracle off and win the Europa I will stop calling him the smiling little gnome  :eek: 

:4_joy: 

To be fair he hasn't aged all that well and the once boyish grin is a little bit creepy now. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Devil said:

To be fair he hasn't aged all that well and the once boyish grin is a little bit creepy now. 

This shot of him below watching us lose to Leicester is minus the grin and reminded me of Jose when he was nearing the end at OT.  :bye:

Looks like he has swallowed his bloody teeth watching 'Arry square head' Maguire captaining his glorious defence. :whistling:

download.png.7c7a16a800281ced2f945e7a98c034dc.png

51 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

This shot of him below watching us lose to Leicester is minus the grin and reminded me of Jose when he was nearing the end at OT.  :bye:

Looks like he has swallowed his bloody teeth watching 'Arry square head' Maguire captaining his glorious defence. :whistling:

download.png.7c7a16a800281ced2f945e7a98c034dc.png

That's his your in deep shit when you get back in the changing rooms face. 

This is my favourite reaction from him, Fred's piss poor long range effort seemed to please him. 

• Sad 1

On 10/03/2021 at 13:04, Devil said:

Disgusted at United, this new Director of football is clearly nothing other than a yes man to Woody, a suit who from what I've been reading was basically a dogs body around the place. 

I've just read he greeted Alexis Sanchez at the airport and chaperoned new Youth signing Hannibal on the United youth tour of Sweden. 

Typical United, disgusted. 

Seems Nicky Butt isn't too friendly with him either.

7 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Seems Nicky Butt isn't too friendly with him either.

Nose put out of joint by the looks of it. 

He was actually supposed to be doing really well in his role from what I heard. 

Shame. 

5 minutes ago, Moon Monkey said:

Is Nicky rumoured to be heading to Celtic with Roy Keane?

Also linked to Derby with Rooney. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Man United fans in the comments acting like our under 18s aren't top of the league or they spent 50 million on one of our right backs in recent years xD

Not sure why the need to hire a scout as a lot of their armchair fans are all based in London and think they know what's best for the club?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Not sure why the need to hire a scout as a lot of their armchair fans are all based in London and think they know what's best for the club?

I don't know if there is something to it but when I think historically of players from the South that have relocated at a very young age to power houses up North they on general seem to struggle and find their feet elsewhere. Josh Buhui Brentford to Man United, Matty Virtue from Chelsea to Liverpool, Kevin Stewart from Spurs to Liverpool, Freddie Woodman from Palace to Newcastle. Obviously Harvey Elliot appears to be breaking the mould but he seems to be more the exception than the rule. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't know if there is something to it but when I think historically of players from the South that have relocated at a very young age to power houses up North they on general seem to struggle and find their feet elsewhere. Josh Buhui Brentford to Man United, Matty Virtue from Chelsea to Liverpool, Kevin Stewart from Spurs to Liverpool, Freddie Woodman from Palace to Newcastle. Obviously Harvey Elliot appears to be breaking the mould but he seems to be more the exception than the rule. 

Zaha when he had a stint at Utd...

On 31/03/2021 at 12:53, Mpache said:

Renato Tapia included as an option by The Athletic to potentially do well as a No. 6 at Manchester United.

Not a rumour or anything, but it really speaks to how good Tapia has been this year. Keeps gaining new fans.

Heard I made that list as well.