talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

20 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't know if there is something to it but when I think historically of players from the South that have relocated at a very young age to power houses up North they on general seem to struggle and find their feet elsewhere. Josh Buhui Brentford to Man United, Matty Virtue from Chelsea to Liverpool, Kevin Stewart from Spurs to Liverpool, Freddie Woodman from Palace to Newcastle. Obviously Harvey Elliot appears to be breaking the mould but he seems to be more the exception than the rule. 

Thought there was a rule in England about recruiting youth players over an hour away from where the club is based?

• Subscriber

@DeadLinesman, @MUFC, @Devil and others, has Ole gone loco? O.o :D

_118052461_gettyimages-1306714927.thumb.jpg.9d114d8cf75cfcd37d75cbd8d3ab71ba.jpg

Manchester United have changed the colour of the banners covering the seats at Old Trafford from red to black in an effort to win more home games.

Almost 25 years to the day since former manager Sir Alex Ferguson ordered his players to change their grey shirts at half-time in a match against Southampton because they were struggling to pick each other out, current boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said a similar issue may be a reason for his side's problems at home this season.

FULL REPORT

Edited by CaaC (John)

We're clearly adding strength to other areas this summer, believe it or not since Henderson came in we have an unbelievable defensive record. Hate to say it but De Gea didn't instil confidence in his defence and I think he didn't communicate very well. 

They've obviously looked at it and thought do we want to spend 40 million on a defender or put it towards a forward. 

Others my differ in opinion but I think Bailly as a back up isn't that bad. 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

We're clearly adding strength to other areas this summer, believe it or not since Henderson came in we have an unbelievable defensive record. Hate to say it but De Gea didn't instil confidence in his defence and I think he didn't communicate very well. 

They've obviously looked at it and thought do we want to spend 40 million on a defender or put it towards a forward. 

Others my differ in opinion but I think Bailly as a back up isn't that bad. 

The problem with Bailly is he can't stay healthy, much like Phil Jones. We still need a CB, a CF a Right winger and a defensive midfielder

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

You have a lot of leverage for Declan Rice to include Lingard in the deal. 

To be honest I've heard a few rumours from people who know people within the club that claim this deal is already signed and sealed. Lingard and a small transfer fee is what I've heard. 

I usually ignore rumours but this one makes sense for both parties, Rice has got to the stage of his career where he fancies the step up in club size and Jessi is enjoying his time down there. 

• Subscriber

Manchester United lose £200m training kit deal over fans’ anti-Glazers campaign

• The Hut Group pulls out of contract starting in July, sources say
  • Fans are campaigning for a boycott of the club’s commercial partners

Manchester United have missed out on a proposed new training kit deal worth £200m over 10 years after the Manchester-based company The Hut Group had concerns about the supporters’ campaign to boycott the club’s commercial partners in protest at the Glazers’ ownership, the Observer understands.

Richard Arnold, United’s group managing director, was told on Friday that THG had pulled out of a contract which was due to start on 1 July. The branding of Myprotein, a Cheshire firm owned by THG, was due to appear on United’s training kit and replace the branding of AON, sponsors of the club’s Carrington training centre.

FULL REPORT

Two ways of looking at this, firstly it's nice to see the Glazers getting a kick in the teeth after the Super league fiasco and the lack of empathy towards the fans. 

Secondly this comes at a terrible time, we're just getting ourselves back in striking distance for title challenges and need that extra push to get the two maybe three players that would get us there. Any financial dent now would have a detrimental on us going forward and improving.

• Subscriber

Edinson Cavani: Striker agrees on Man Utd contract extension

Striker Edinson Cavani has agreed to stay at Manchester United for another season - with the club close to announcing the deal.

Cavani, 34, was undecided over whether to stay for a second year after experiencing a number of issues early in his time with the club.

However, those matters have been resolved and BBC Sport has been told an agreement has been reached.

United have not confirmed it, but it is understood to be a matter of time.

Cavani has had an outstanding finish to the season and scored his eighth goal in seven games - and his 15th in total - in Sunday's 3-1 Premier League win at Aston Villa.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57060511

• 3 weeks later...