talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

🎶 The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, and then they all fall off🎶 ?

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has signed a new deal with the club until 2024, with an option for another year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57954333

Edited by CaaC (John)

9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Think he’s under the most amount of pressure since going to United to deliver trophies this season, more so if they get Varane or another top defender, so a contract extension now seems somewhat premature.

He's got to deliver a trophy this season. United can't accept five years without a trophy so this season is huge for the club.

I'd take anything at this stage just to get that winning feeling back. 

• 5 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

@Redcanuck

Ibrahimovic Cavani and now Ronaldo... United becoming the Los Angeles Galaxy of Northern Europe mate? Anyone who was once half decent can earn a small fortune before retirement which used to be the poster recruitment for the American league.

You forgot Larsson and bringing Scholes out of retirement.  They all may have been in the twilight of their careers but they all were useful  additions.  I have a feeling Ronaldo will score his fair share of goals the next two years.  If we can add a top DM in the next few days we might surprise a few people. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

You forgot Larsson and bringing Scholes out of retirement.  They all may have been in the twilight of their careers but they all were useful  additions.  I have a feeling Ronaldo will score his fair share of goals the next two years.  If we can add a top DM in the next few days we might surprise a few people. 

Oh I have no doubt he will bring a number of goals with him and again he goes up in my rating of him as he chooses our league again to ply his trade unlike the little feller over in Paris.

The best thing about his signing is he will push Sancho and Greenwoods minutes on the pitch down. They are the best two players on your books, plus best to sell Fernandes if he is in your fantasy team, no more penalties for him.

I did notice how sidelined Bruno Fernandes & for that matter Jota seemed at the Euro's with Portugal. For me, Man United need to avoid that at all costs. Ronaldo needs to play his part in a team that are not in awe of him.

It surely will be only a season or 2 before retirement or the MLS or a return to Portugal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I did notice how sidelined Bruno Fernandes & for that matter Jota seemed at the Euro's with Portugal. For me, Man United need to avoid that at all costs. Ronaldo needs to play his part in a team that are not in awe of him.

It surely will be only a season or 2 before retirement or the MLS or a return to Portugal.

Yes, I do agree on Portugal in the Euro's. My son pointed out the rest of the players looked in awe of Ronaldo, almost steping back and needing him to do his stuff. Fernandez wasnt as "punchy" in his national shirt as he has been in United's and I guess that will be one of the things we will have to look out for once they all start playing together.

My question for @Redcanuck  How much of this signing is the vision of newly signed long contract manager Ole against stopping Ronaldo from signing for City and hurting your fanbase for the rest of this decade?

Yes, I do agree on Portugal in the Euro's. My son pointed out the rest of the players looked in awe of Ronaldo, almost steping back and needing him to do his stuff. Fernandez wasnt as "punchy" in his national shirt as he has been in United's and I guess that will be one of the things we will have to look out for once they all start playing together.

My question for @Redcanuck  How much of this signing is the vision of newly signed long contract manager Ole against stopping Ronaldo from signing for City and hurting your fanbase for the rest of this decade?

Bruno was one and maybe the best attacking Utd player in the last two seasons so Ronaldo needs to click with him unlike what happened at the the Euros.

You also have Pogba and Sancho to fit in and then you have Greenwood, Cavani and Martial probably mostly on the bench.

A lot of attacking players to keep happy,

49 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Solksjaer will be happy to have him, but I doubt bringing in Ronaldo is part of his vision.  Ole wants Haaland.  Absolutely this about stopping him going to City as much as anything else.  It's also about the business end of the game as well.  United's share price was up $200 million at one point yesterday and the club gained over a million new followers on instantgram yesterday, though I am not sure what that results in.  It will also increase sponsorship who could well be paying some of his wages.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2021 at 13:17, Redcanuck said:

Solksjaer will be happy to have him, but I doubt bringing in Ronaldo is part of his vision.  Ole wants Haaland.  Absolutely this about stopping him going to City as much as anything else.  It's also about the business end of the game as well.  United's share price was up $200 million at one point yesterday and the club gained over a million new followers on instantgram yesterday, though I am not sure what that results in.  It will also increase sponsorship who could well be paying some of his wages.

I have to admit I am happy too see him back, especially if it goes tits up. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

@Redcanuck

Did West Ham ever play in Yellow while Lingard was on loan there? :)

Can't figure out who he was passing to, it was no where near De Gea and if it was supposed to be to one of the defenders on that side, they would have been under pressure from the Young Boy's attackers.   With 30 seconds left he should have just hooved it out of bounds.

You have to wonder if you are used to playing in one colour and the team you are playing are wearing that colour, does it cause problems.  I can't remember West Ham playing in yellow , but with so many different jerseys who knows.  Maybe Lingard is a little colur blind?

Edited by Redcanuck
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Can't figure out who he was passing to, it was no where near De Gea and if it was supposed to be to one of the defenders on that side, they would have been under pressure from the Young Boy's attackers.   With 30 seconds left he should have just hooved it out of bounds.

You have to wonder if you are used to playing in one colour and the team you are playing are wearing that colour, does it cause problems.  I can't remember West Ham playing in yellow , but with so many different jerseys who knows.  Maybe Lingard is a little colur blind?

Shame for Lingard after building his confidence at West Ham and getting a Ole vote to stay at United. Result shouldnt hurt too much other than you probably having to play a full team in the last fixture.