talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

See nothing but a hammering here tonight. Can't even defend against shit like Norwich at home and depended on degea pulling off some top saves. 

Give Liverpool that freedom and they'll stick more away than previous game. 

United players are lazy too 

Are they playing liverpool

37 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Robertson and McGuire once hull prospects, one cost 8m and made one team better, the other cost 80m and made 19 teams better.    this is why McGuire cost 10x more.

Yep and we got linked to Roberton b4 he moved to Liverpool saw loads of the scousers saying he won't be good enough. 

Who's this we've signed from Hull blah blah blah 😂 they'll say they didn't though 

Just realised Pogba is 29 years old now!… wow, was always under the impression he was like 25 at the most. 

Horrible club level career, absolute flop. Lucky he has that French passport, otherwise the state of affairs would be even worse. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Have 2 scouts been kicked out/left Utd? Like most of our recruitment team, they've stolen a living for over 10 years via doing jack shit. 

Jim Lawlor has left. He was very reputable...

8 minutes ago, DNA said:

Just realised Pogba is 29 years old now!… wow, was always under the impression he was like 25 at the most. 

Horrible club level career, absolute flop. Lucky he has that French passport, otherwise the state of affairs would be even worse. 

Wow, I thought he was younger, about 26/27. 

He's fvcked his career staying at Man Utd. Perhaps becoming a mercenary and playing for the paychecks? I'm surprised he's not gone to PSG to be honest. He'd slot right in there. 

1 hour ago, DNA said:

He’s lived off Pirlo and Juve’s rep at club level and his teammates at international level. Has a good game every 10 games or so. Makes a worldie pass every now and again. Contributions fuck. Has shit haircuts. Fergie knew he was a cunt as a teenager. Should have remained fucked off.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

He’s lived off Pirlo and Juve’s rep at club level and his teammates at international level. Has a good game every 10 games or so. Makes a worldie pass every now and again. Contributions fuck. Has shit haircuts. Fergie knew he was a cunt as a teenager. Should have remained fucked off.

Exactly, sick of hearing people say he doesn't perform like this for France.

France have elite level players in every position around him, imagine knowing you have Kante running through brick walls next to you. Vidal and Pirlo next to him at Juve also, absolute incredible players.

The term Luxury player was made for Pogba.

• Upvote 2

Heads rolling today at United, two major scouts have left the club. Should think so as well, one of the biggest clubs in the world spends nearly a billion pounds on mid table Premier league players.

Astonished the mess we're in.

United are paying the price for hiring a bunch of marketing managers whose metrics when it comes to new signings are how much they trend on Twitter and people like Darren Fletcher who get jobs they aren't qualified to do because they used to play for the club.

Their only hope is that the Ten Hag interview was as brutal as being suggested, perhaps even more so if he told them the real truth that the club are becoming a total laughing stock which won't be good for the...what was it?..."fans of the future" these smiley glad-hands who want to turn football into their own private back slapping, arse licking, money exchanging playground want. 

Even with all that said, the players having a complete and utter lack of fight was pathetic. It's no shame being outclassed by a team as brilliant as Liverpool but if you're not even up for the fight in a derby with your professional reputations on the line, it's humiliating. I'm not sure what it will take to show most of these players that they aren't as good as they think they are and it's not someone else's fault, it's theirs.

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

His short time on the pitch is really a microcosm of his whole United career tbh. The going got tough for United, so he limped away.

And it wasn't just Pirlo doing the heavy lifting for him, that whole Juve midfield was absolute quality - imo one of the best in Europe at the time. Similarly to his world cup winning France side had an absolutely quality filled midfield.

Agree with @Devil - the term luxury player was made for Pogba and players like him. Looks great when they've got other people doing the dirty work for them.

He and Maguire have to be up there as two of the worst all time signings in the league.

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Pogba can fuck off just like Martial did, Pogba is a spent prick and is only there for the money and nothing else, like Lingard.

Lingard I think at least has a bit of fight in him. He's just not good enough to be the player United want him to be - but he showed if he's got a bigger role at a smaller club, like he had a West Ham, he can be a decent player.

Pogba's really only showed he can perform at a high level if he's got a midfield that already performs at a high level without him. He'd probably have been a great signing for a club that had an already brilliant midfield... like Juve was. But making him the centrepiece of a midfield in the middle of a massive rebuild was a HUGE mistake. But it's hard to even blame United scouts for that - I think that's a mentality thing entirely.

I don't even think he'd be a hit at PSG, because I think there's a good argument that the worst thing about PSG right now is the way their midfield performs. It'd be another unbalanced midfield he walks into and acts like he's the savior of, while he's unwilling to actually fight to make that midfield any better.

It's like a flake 99. I think soft-serve ice cream is shit without a Cadburry flake in it. I think Pogba is shit without good midfielders around him. He's the soft-serve ice cream without the delicious half flake tucked into it.

• Subscriber

All Pogba does is play a couple of good games, make some good passes then when he scores he wants to stand there like a big spare prick doing disco dancing on the pitch especially if Lingard is near him and the 2 of them together jigging away, they can both just jig off.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

His short time on the pitch is really a microcosm of his whole United career tbh. The going got tough for United, so he limped away.

And it wasn't just Pirlo doing the heavy lifting for him, that whole Juve midfield was absolute quality - imo one of the best in Europe at the time. Similarly to his world cup winning France side had an absolutely quality filled midfield.

Agree with @Devil - the term luxury player was made for Pogba and players like him. Looks great when they've got other people doing the dirty work for them.

He and Maguire have to be up there as two of the worst all time signings in the league.

Andy Carroll was pretty bad to be fair. 😂

I agree though, both absolutely shocking signings. Wan Bassaka has to be up there, who on earth watched him play and thought he'd be worth spunking 50 million quid on him. I'm pretty certain my wife could see he's not of the level of a club up the top end of the table.

Just now, Devil said:

Andy Carroll was pretty bad to be fair. 😂

I agree though, both absolutely shocking signings. Wan Bassaka has to be up there, who on earth watched him play and thought he'd be worth spunking 50 million quid on him. I'm pretty certain my wife could see he's not of the level of a club up the top end of the table.

Yeah Andy Carroll was terrible, definitely makes my top 10 list of worst signings in the league. Definitely the worst LFC signing in my lifetime.

Wan Bissaka's ended up a poor signing and maybe it was too early for him to make a big move after just one top flight season where he looked brilliant. Honestly, I think he's just a bit unfortunate that modern football seems to call for these really well rounded fullbacks and he's more of a "traditional" fullback that's less well rounded. I think there's a case to be made that United in recent years is not a good place for promising young players to develop & I also think there's a case to be made that he wasn't really the right sort of fullback that United needed to sign.

Honestly, I think Maguire and AWB could yet salvage their United careers. I think it'd be harder for Maguire, because he'd have to accept he's not a leader and isn't fit to be captain - and I'm not sure he'd agree with that. But I don't think it's a coincidence he's looked best when paired next to Johnny Evans. But put them in a back 4 where they've got actual defensive organisation and a midfield that helps them out... I doubt they look as shit. Or go full Southgate and just have the most basic defensive tactics you can think of xD

But I do think they'll always be viewed as players that failed to live up to initial expectations. I'm also not sure this dysfunctional United side was the best place for AWB to develop after his brilliant breakout season at Palace - maybe he made his move to a big club too early like Zaha did before him? Cos Zaha was a flop earlier on in his career, but now that he's back at Palace he's ended up kicking on pretty massively - I think if United had signed Zaha as good as he is today (or last year) he'd have ended up being considered a really good signing.

But Pogba's definitely my #1 pick for absolute worst signing in the league. He's got the talent, he's just not arsed more often than not. A few world class passes every once in a while doesn't make up for the fact he's basically the opposite of what United fans were promised when it was announced he re-signed with you lot.

Even though I fucking hate United, whenever I watch him play like dogshit (which tbh is 95% or more of the time I see him play) I can't help but think "I am so fucking glad he doesn't play for Liverpool" - I'd absolutely hate watching him play. And @DeadLinesmanis already angry enough already, can't be good for his heart having to watch Pogba act like he's god's gift to football despite the state of your midfield.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I had forgotten about Carroll and then there was Peter Crouch too.

On the flip side last season before the Lukaku move I was wondering if Jota could do a job for us yet of course it is academic now and for me he seems to have improved further under Klopp.

2 hours ago, Waylander said:

I had forgotten about Carroll and then there was Peter Crouch too.

On the flip side last season before the Lukaku move I was wondering if Jota could do a job for us yet of course it is academic now and for me he seems to have improved further under Klopp.

As if you're lumping Crouch in with Carroll. Crouch was a good player for Liverpool and certainly helped that early Benitez team sort its away form out. Then Torres arrived and was on a completely different level.

Edited by LFCMike
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it'd be harder for Maguire, because he'd have to accept he's not a leader and isn't fit to be captain

Yep, I have said that before, no way in a million years is he another Vidic, Robson, Rio etc as captain, they led from the front and soon yelled at players if they did wrong, take the arm band off Maguire and see how he performs then, being captain at United is a no goer for him.

52 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

As if you're lumping Crouch in with Carroll. Crouch was a good player for Liverpool and certainly helped that early Benitez team sort its away form out. Then Torres arrived and was on a completely different level.

Good goal record for England too