talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The best thing United have done in the past 10 years was not renewing this absolute clown. 

Paul Pogba filmed complaining about Man Utd's latest contract offer | 'They offered me nothing'

There are better words than clown for that areshole, glad he has gone with Lingard in tow on a lead, two useless idiots together. :coffee:

The whole Pogba thing is a bit of a farce. The fact that he has a "documentary" coming out just adds more fuel to the fire. I'll always watch a Untied match as I remember then back in the 90's when I still lived in the UK.

I can't think that this programme will give him a better look. Quite the opposite I would think.

I've watched him play some blinders but they come around like an eclipse.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I don’t think some people realise just how genuinely fucked Manchester United are, from both a footballing perspective and a business model. This spiral will continue and The Glazers will run it into the ground. This will take decades to repair.

Do you reckon it comes to a point where the debt will ever be paid off? Or is it just digging deeper and deeper in towards the abyss? 

41 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I don’t think some people realise just how genuinely fucked Manchester United are, from both a footballing perspective and a business model. This spiral will continue and The Glazers will run it into the ground. This will take decades to repair.

Probably naive of me, but I really think/thought that Ten Hag could be the next big thing, so when you hired him I honestly thought that he could be the man to turn things around.

Your summer so far has been three steps behind everyone else, when you really needed to be leading from the front. I'll be honest I'm surprised at how much the Glazers truly don't give a shit, and are so out of touch with what you need, giving Ten Hag the same squad with perhaps De Jong and an extra signing (perhaps Eriksen?) is useless when you need 5-6 good signings. I'm amazed at how nobody has been poached from Ajax yet; where is Timber, Antony, Martinez?

Edited by Whiskey

Before United can rebuild they need to develop the identity moving forward and  clear out some of the stars that aren't congruent to that ideal. For instance, I don't think any of their players are not necessarily bad but someone like Maguire isn't compatible to play like a Guardiola team, or maybe someone like Sancho isn't fit to play like a Klopp team. They need to decide on a direction and find the players that move in that direction. I think Rashford, Sancho, and Fernandes should be the three they build the team around, but then again maybe people aren't too hot on Rashford anymore.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you reckon it comes to a point where the debt will ever be paid off? Or is it just digging deeper and deeper in towards the abyss? 

The debt will never be paid off. Not when you’re creaming £25mill+ a year out of the club in dividends alone. The Glazers have taken over £1billion out of the club. That’s money paid to them by United. They haven’t used a penny of their own money. We’re utterly doomed.

26 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Probably naive of me, but I really think/thought that Ten Hag could be the next big thing, so when you hired him I honestly thought that he could be the man to turn things around.

Your summer so far has been three steps behind everyone else, when you really needed to be leading from the front. I'll be honest I'm surprised at how much the Glazers truly don't give a shit, and are so out of touch with what you need, giving Ten Hag the same squad with perhaps De Jong and an extra signing (perhaps Eriksen?) is useless when you need 5-6 good signings. I'm amazed at how nobody has been poached from Ajax yet; where is Timber, Antony, Martinez?

Ten Hag will last about 18 months. Bookmark this. And it’s not his fault. There isn’t a single person that knows anything about football in a senior management role behind the scenes at United. It’s all geared towards a profitable business. Trophies count for nothing when you’re still being paid dividends and sponsors are still paying. Hopefully we go full tilt tits up sooner rather than later. That hopefully forces the parasitic cunts to sell up.

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

Before United can rebuild they need to develop the identity moving forward and  clear out some of the stars that aren't congruent to that ideal. For instance, I don't think any of their players are not necessarily bad but someone like Maguire isn't compatible to play like a Guardiola team, or maybe someone like Sancho isn't fit to play like a Klopp team. They need to decide on a direction and find the players that move in that direction. I think Rashford, Sancho, and Fernandes should be the three they build the team around, but then again maybe people aren't too hot on Rashford anymore.

Rashford is absolutely finished. Mentally and physically. 

19 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The debt will never be paid off. Not when you’re creaming £25mill+ a year out of the club in dividends alone. The Glazers have taken over £1billion out of the club. That’s money paid to them by United. They haven’t used a penny of their own money. We’re utterly doomed.

Ten Hag will last about 18 months. Bookmark this. And it’s not his fault. There isn’t a single person that knows anything about football in a senior management role behind the scenes at United. It’s all geared towards a profitable business. Trophies count for nothing when you’re still being paid dividends and sponsors are still paying. Hopefully we go full tilt tits up sooner rather than later. That hopefully forces the parasitic cunts to sell up.

Rashford is absolutely finished. Mentally and physically. 

Why do think that is?

@DeadLinesman I empathise with you in the sense of the club being structured for profit over success. I've seen it happen to other teams in other sports I've followed, so I know exactly what the owners are doing and why they are doing it. People really don't realise how common it is, I've made this point before and it's been waved off or laughed at. All it takes is one or two trophies to placate a fanbase for a long time, with the occasional 'investment' to continue a sense of 'hope' that fills the stadiums and draws eyes to the televsion. The reality is that the only thing most clubs have to do is stay in the premier league. Arsenal for instance, don't have to win a single thing, it makes no difference between 1st and 10th,, they have a pre-built fanbase, global exposure, and the most the lucrative TV rights deals in the world, bar any sport, barring a freak relegation, they will always have an audience and rake in vast amounts of money.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Why do think that is?

I think he was run into the ground 18 months back when he needed his shoulder operation. I also think his political stance has taken a toll over the Covid period. Whilst it’s absolutely commendable, it’s only going to damage his football. I’d rather see kids being fed and cared for than Rashford banging in 40 a season though. I just can’t see how you can be a top level activist for change and a top level footballer. Something has to give, especially at such a young age.

44 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think he was run into the ground 18 months back when he needed his shoulder operation. I also think his political stance has taken a toll over the Covid period. Whilst it’s absolutely commendable, it’s only going to damage his football. I’d rather see kids being fed and cared for than Rashford banging in 40 a season though. I just can’t see how you can be a top level activist for change and a top level footballer. Something has to give, especially at such a young age.

It’s mad that there are a lot of people that don’t completely agree with this sentiment

39 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm not sure I agree that Rashford's political stuff has affected his football. Surely he's just a victim of being part of a flawed set up like every other player with talent at that club?

I’m not sure how it couldn’t have an impact. Footballers aren’t super human. He is contracted to play Premier League football for Manchester United. He’s also taken on a massive mantle of being a champion for children, taking on the worst government of a generation, being racially abused because of it and writing a children's book. I don’t think I’m wrong when I say football isn’t 100% his main focus. The shitshow at United exacerbates the other issues, but all of that impacts on you mentality. That in turn doesn’t help the physical issue. He’s not been the same player for at least 18 months/2 years now.

Rashford doesn’t do politics because helping people isn’t politics, well it should be the baseline for being a human. Although he does love a litigious lawsuit against anything he perceives as racist, which I feel is kinda a bad way of approaching it. Fear is only a motivator in the short term.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I see Van Gaal has apparently told Timber he can’t play for Netherlands if he’s not a regular starter for United. Bergwijn and Ake would argue differently you giraffe necked cunt.

You love to see it though.

19 hours ago, Cicero said:

The Pogmentary is interesting…

It’s incredible, he comes off as even more of dickhead than I could have imagined.

United are so lucky he turned down that £300k a week contract he called a “nothing offer.”

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s incredible, he comes off as even more of dickhead than I could have imagined.

United are so lucky he turned down that £300k a week contract he called a “nothing offer.”

I thought the actions between him and Raiola the summer of 2021 when he had a year left on his deal was so, so condescending towards United and United fans. 

RIP and all that but Raiola was everything wrong with modern football. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I thought the actions between him and Raiola the summer of 2021 when he had a year left on his deal was so, so condescending towards United and United fans. 

RIP and all that but Raiola was everything wrong with modern football. 

xD

• Haha 1