talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s incredible, he comes off as even more of dickhead than I could have imagined.

United are so lucky he turned down that £300k a week contract he called a “nothing offer.”

Not watched it and given my hate for him I won't ever watch it through principle.

Saddest thing for me was how Mourinho was basically telling everyone years ago this guy is a virus and we all ignored him and called him a past it lunatic.

To think these managers have had to deal with the Pogba and Lingard circus show for so long, it must have been toxic as hell in that dressing room. 

My only hope is the current crop is now rid of the trouble makers and then knuckle down and start playing for the shirt.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Devil said:

Not watched it and given my hate for him I won't ever watch it through principle.

Saddest thing for me was how Mourinho was basically telling everyone years ago this guy is a virus and we all ignored him and called him a past it lunatic.

To think these managers have had to deal with the Pogba and Lingard circus show for so long, it must have been toxic as hell in that dressing room. 

My only hope is the current crop is now rid of the trouble makers and then knuckle down and start playing for the shirt.

Yeah if I were you, I wouldn't watch it.

It's just the tale of an egotistical man-child showing United (and now the world) how much of an irritating twat he really is. It's insane if he thinks it makes him look any better PR-wise. It makes Mourinho look completely vindicated - it's like he is on a mission to prove Mourinho was absolutely right about him. Also the complete lack of respect it shows towards your club and your fans is kind of mental considering he's made millions off the back of not even coming close to performing near expectation for years.

And then the club makes him a massive offer despite him looking like dogshit for years... and he turns it down as a "nothing" offer. He was lucky the club was entertaining keeping him beyond his contract in the first place... let alone offering him that insane amount.

You can tell he's a dumb cunt without even watching it though. He named it Pogmentary instead of Pogumentary. Smh.

At least as a fan of a club that isn't United (and in fact, a massive rival of yours)... there's some entertainment value in watching this overrated dickhead act like the overrated dickhead he is. But if I were you watching it, I'd probably just be furious the whole time. He's probably made you angry enough, no use wasting that energy mate - it's not worth your time.

Just know that it makes him look terrible. It is genuinely awful PR, I am legitimately surprised it's something he's actually put out there. If I'm Juve, or any club that's considering making him an offer, I'd have changed my mind just based off the show.

• Upvote 2

On 18/06/2022 at 19:38, DeadLinesman said:

That’s the last time he’ll be speaking to these entitled pricks…..

I've just heard this story. Jesus how embarrassing for the fan group. They want the opposite of Glaziers corporate yes man Ed Woodward and when they get somebody whose willing to engage with them they take the piss by secretly recording it. They'll never get access again and quite rightly so.

"He's not a good man for getting the beers in (he's a mutli millionaire)"

"BIGGER AND LOUDER 🧨👊"

Wtf 😂😂.

• Upvote 1

On 20/06/2022 at 22:43, The Liquidator said:

@Redcanuck  Richard Arnold, over trusting or pressured into a mistake?

Not that he said anything wrong

Only just saw this , I am travelling through Portugal and access to the internet is sparse.

I don't think he said or did anything wrong, the fans where at a pub close to his house and were planing to protest at his home.  He headed them off by going to the pub and buying them drinks and talking to them about their questions about how the club is being run.

How geniune he was, I don't know, it's good that he appears to be a man of the people willing to discuss the fans concerns, but it could also be a PR stunt.  However, you couldn't see Woodward or the Glazers doing the same,  so it could help diffuse the anger among the hard core fan base, which would be a good thing.

On 19/06/2022 at 10:00, DeadLinesman said:

I’m not sure how it couldn’t have an impact. Footballers aren’t super human. He is contracted to play Premier League football for Manchester United. He’s also taken on a massive mantle of being a champion for children, taking on the worst government of a generation, being racially abused because of it and writing a children's book. I don’t think I’m wrong when I say football isn’t 100% his main focus. The shitshow at United exacerbates the other issues, but all of that impacts on you mentality. That in turn doesn’t help the physical issue. He’s not been the same player for at least 18 months/2 years now.

I couldn't agree more about Rashford'. His drop in form is down to his political activision.   He needs to concentrate completely on football for the next 7 or 8 years and stop trying to be a politician.   Once he hits 30 he can prepare himself for his next career.

On 25/06/2022 at 16:06, Redcanuck said:

Only just saw this , I am travelling through Portugal and access to the internet is sparse.

I don't think he said or did anything wrong, the fans where at a pub close to his house and were planing to protest at his home.  He headed them off by going to the pub and buying them drinks and talking to them about their questions about how the club is being run.

How geniune he was, I don't know, it's good that he appears to be a man of the people willing to discuss the fans concerns, but it could also be a PR stunt.  However, you couldn't see Woodward or the Glazers doing the same,  so it could help diffuse the anger among the hard core fan base, which would be a good thing.

I thought he did rather well, just didnt give the answers they were hoping for.

Seems to be a tactic for United fans seeking out the homes of staff.

At least they dont burgle them ;)

You hope for United's sake that this religious persuit for De Jong for 80m is worth it.   For me United needed for more than just one player and he is taking up most of their budget.    The outgoings are also not working out as all the rumoured exists are still there and seemingly unmoveable.    

Ten Haag is going to have to be the second coming of Sir Alex or he will be sacked by the new year.   It doesn't appear that Man United are going to be that different from the team that ended the season. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

And now De Jong isn’t coming. Jesus fucking Christ. The circus continues under totally new management. We are a joke.

I tell you what's a joke, us in with a shout at signing Ronaldo... fuck, if we are going to start employing OAP's as part of our new look then let's just go mad and get Drogba back as well and they can form a front two.. I mean I know we are nicknamed the Pensioners but don't take the piss.. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

20220703_195023.jpg

Top two highest paid boards in the league.

1. Man Utd 

2. Everton

Just xD.

@Whiskey @DeadLinesman

Don’t even. How they can pay themselves dividends when absolutely no money is put in by themselves is absolutely fucking scandalous. Was listening to a good piece on the UWS podcast with Jim O’Neil. Was really interesting listening to a financer talk about the takeover, how they operate and how much money they’ve basically stolen from the club. Should never have been allowed to happen.

Apparently Ronaldo hasn't shown up for training today. Obviously we don't know if he's due back later than others but it does look pretty dodgy after the weekends reports.

If it is a case of him not showing up to train them the club should just cut ties and let him go, we don't need the drama this story will create. He's not 22 years of age so what is the point in fighting to keep him.

2 hours ago, Devil said:

Apparently Ronaldo hasn't shown up for training today. Obviously we don't know if he's due back later than others but it does look pretty dodgy after the weekends reports.

If it is a case of him not showing up to train them the club should just cut ties and let him go, we don't need the drama this story will create. He's not 22 years of age so what is the point in fighting to keep him.

He was excused for family reasons,  which the club has accepted as valid.  He should be along in a few days. 

https://theathletic.com/3400323/2022/07/05/ronaldo-united-training-transfer/?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

The Athletic saying they don't know when, or even if, Ronaldo will return to United & they're worried he'll try to force a move.

Seems a bit weird, tbh. He's got all the money in the world, so I doubt that paycut for not being in the CL really makes that much of a difference to him & he's at a club he supposedly loves. So why the sudden want away attitude? If it's because he still wants the CL... he could have let United know earlier? Like even before the season was completed so at least they could plan for life without him (again) before the summer started.

Seems a bit weird though, people say he "loves a challenge" and... he's at a club "he loves" that are experiencing a challenging moment. So it seems like at least one of those statements about him isn't true, if the Athletic is right in indicating he's forcing a move.

New Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag says forward Cristiano Ronaldo is "in our plans" for the season and is "not for sale".

Portugal's captain will miss the first part of United's pre-season tour to Thailand and wants to leave the club.

He returned to United last season after playing for Real Madrid and Juventus.

"He is not with us due to personal issues. We are planning with Cristiano Ronaldo for this season. That is it," Ten Hag said.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

New Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag says forward Cristiano Ronaldo is "in our plans" for the season and is "not for sale".

Portugal's captain will miss the first part of United's pre-season tour to Thailand and wants to leave the club.

He returned to United last season after playing for Real Madrid and Juventus.

"He is not with us due to personal issues. We are planning with Cristiano Ronaldo for this season. That is it," Ten Hag said.

It's fairly obvious by now that nobody has come in for him. In all honesty where does he go?

Realistically only a small number of clubs can afford his salary and if you add to the fact a lot of clubs are now more than likely thinking he could be a problem rather than an asset.

These superstars believe they can just go on forever, they maybe can go on a few more years than the players did in the older days but they are still slower than the younger players and it's clear they struggle with the demands of playing three times a week so I just don't understand why they demand to play every minute. 

It would be better all round if he went, not going to happen now though. 

• Upvote 1