talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

36 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Thoughts on the upcoming season mate?? I know it's only pre-season but you have started well enough, that absolute mauling of Liverpool must have been satisfying.. What's the general feeling so far.. has to be a bit more positive surely 

It’s only pre season but the style of play is so much better to watch. Sancho, Rashford, Martial. It really should work. I’m hopeful but we’ll see. If we have the calming presence of De Jong in that midfield, I’ll start to feel hopeful. Until then, it’ll be another false dawn 😂

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

If we have the calming presence of De Jong in that midfield, I’ll start to feel hopeful.

Been reading that we were trying to rob him, or at least made inquiries to that end... If Barca want to clear the decks for more incoming then they will have to concede on the asking price at some point.. 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Been reading that we were trying to rob him, or at least made inquiries to that end... If Barca want to clear the decks for more incoming then they will have to concede on the asking price at some point.. 

We made no such inquiries. Just Barca correspondents trying to get United to act fast. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s only pre season but the style of play is so much better to watch. Sancho, Rashford, Martial. It really should work. I’m hopeful but we’ll see. If we have the calming presence of De Jong in that midfield, I’ll start to feel hopeful. Until then, it’ll be another false dawn 😂

Eriksen should be good alongside Martinez no?

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

We made no such inquiries. Just Barca correspondents trying to get United to act fast. 

To be honest mate, unless you have a seat on the board I don't think you know anymore about what our plans are than anyone else... 

image.thumb.png.e662af276efe8632557a43c84795243b.png

It's just the usual pre-season guff that no-one really cares about until they actually sign... 

23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

To be honest mate, unless you have a seat on the board I don't think you know anymore about what our plans are than anyone else... 

It's just the usual pre-season guff that no-one really cares about until they actually sign... 

Believe me when I say that I would love De Jong and I think he's perfect in our set up, but no one reputable is claiming we have any interest. Shitehouse Romero is the only one saying we do because of Boehly's meeting with Laporta a couple weeks back, but this was just a formal introduction for future business. 

Everything about it screams putting pressure on United to buy De Jong and to take on the deferred wages owed to De Jong, because registering their new signings are completely dependent on it. 

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Hasn't Martial generally been better for you in matches where you've played some sort of possession football, but also generally looked shite when you play counterattacking stuff? So I think the new manager will end up making him look a hell of a lot better than he has for the past few seasons.

I guess the worry for Manchester United fans is how much of this is just enthusiasm for their players from not having Rangnick around and once they get a bit tired of him will the momentum fall like it did for Solksjaer and how much of it is actually because of the new manager with a new system?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Believe me when I say that I would love De Jong and I think he's perfect in our set up, but no one reputable is claiming we have any interest. Shitehouse Romero is the only one saying we do because of Boehly's meeting with Laporta a couple weeks back, but this was just a formal introduction for future business. 

Everything about it screams putting pressure on United to buy De Jong and to take on the deferred wages owed to De Jong, because registering their new signings are completely dependent on it. 

In fairness you said similar about Bayern not being favourites for De Ligt and he’s joining now

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

In fairness you said similar about Bayern not being favourites for De Ligt and he’s joining now

I think in that case reputable sources were saying Bayern had interest. No one is saying we've approached Barcelona for De Jong. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the way Ronaldo's acted this summer has been very poor.

If he wanted out of Man Utd, he could and should have let them know earlier. Everyone knew they were getting a new manager, he could have done the new guy and the club a favour by letting him know he wants to move on this summer before the season ended.

Then his suggestion that he signs a new contract, goes on loan this season to a CL club, and returns to United once they've qualified for the CL... floated by Mendes... is just an absurd suggestion. Tie him to the club for a year longer and have him return a year older and a year's worth of wear and tear... so he gets a chance to play for United in the CL again... even though he's part of that side that failed to qualify for it this year.

It's a bit appalling after returning a year ago to a lot of fanfare, to turn on the clubs, fans, and players like that acting like he's too big to help them fight to where he wants them to be. He's as responsible as any other United player for them not being a CL club this season. He fought hard for this move - he didn't have to turn down City for United - and now he's back at a club he's considered a legend and he's really pissing over his whole legacy on his return.

Now they're going to be starting a new season and it's not clear whether his heart is even in it... even though he's probably going to go into the season as United's most important attacking player. It's not great to go into a season with important players not believing in their teammates or in the new manager.

• Upvote 1

I also think the way Ronaldo's acted this summer has been very poor.

If he wanted out of Man Utd, he could and should have let them know earlier. Everyone knew they were getting a new manager, he could have done the new guy and the club a favour by letting him know he wants to move on this summer before the season ended.

Then his suggestion that he signs a new contract, goes on loan this season to a CL club, and returns to United once they've qualified for the CL... floated by Mendes... is just an absurd suggestion. Tie him to the club for a year longer and have him return a year older and a year's worth of wear and tear... so he gets a chance to play for United in the CL again... even though he's part of that side that failed to qualify for it this year.

It's a bit appalling after returning a year ago to a lot of fanfare, to turn on the clubs, fans, and players like that acting like he's too big to help them fight to where he wants them to be. He's as responsible as any other United player for them not being a CL club this season. He fought hard for this move - he didn't have to turn down City for United - and now he's back at a club he's considered a legend and he's really pissing over his whole legacy on his return.

Now they're going to be starting a new season and it's not clear whether his heart is even in it... even though he's probably going to go into the season as United's most important attacking player. It's not great to go into a season with important players not believing in their teammates or in the new manager.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I also think the way Ronaldo's acted this summer has been very poor.

Crazy how much you and I are alike!

Fuck, does that mean I'm older than Gandalf too?

• Haha 1

Strange that your posts are almost identical,  but who ever the author is you are right.  Ronaldo should have let United know he wanted out as soon as we eliminated from last year's top four.   United may have been able to have sold him, who to I have no idea, and had more time to bring in a replacement.

His attitude has certainly destroyed his reputation with a lot of Unjted fans and the way this is ending its a shame he came back at all.

• Upvote 1