talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

This makes zero sense. Conte would be working at United under Glazer ownership. Spurs already had a better team than United when he joined. Just how exactly was Conte going to do anything at United without the players he can utilise at Spurs? Conte WAS wrong for United at the time. He’d have lasted 6 months tops. Hell, he was halfway through the door at Spurs with a decent enough team at one point.

Conte at this United squad would be a hilarious disaster. These are players that got sick of Solksjaer and Rangnick telling them what to do and stopped giving a fuck. Conte would have them physically exhausted after the first training session and they'd decide "yeah, fuck this we're not playing for that angry Italian guy."

And he'd want to overhaul the squad because... why the fuck wouldn't he? And the Glazers would be like "no no no that costs too much money, just get these overpaid dickheads we've already got to actually perform" all while they'd quickly decide they don't like this manager and he's no fun so they don't want to give a shit for him.

• Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, Fusion said:

To be fair, if FDJ saw yesterday's game and the players we have for starting 11, I am pretty sure he would rather get like 90% pay cut at Barcelona and save himself from any potential mental issues like falling into depression after few weeks at United.

Maybe he's a masochist? He would have to be to stay at Barcelona. 

• Upvote 1

I watched the repeat game and the result justified Roy Keane labelling Man United the easiest team to play.   Brighton should have had 4 or 5 on the day,  their movement and passing caused havoc all day and Man Uniteds' McFred midfield showed again how ineffective it is at the defensive aspect of their duties leaving the back four ruthlessly exposed.    Man United need two good defensive midfielders if they insist on playing that deep two midfield formation as I can't recall them offering anything defensively. 

Brighton also showed how bad Man U are when it comes to high balls into the box,  it was quite uncomfortable for McGuire and Martinez all afternoon. 

Ronaldo did help change the game a bit but its alarming that he wants to leave,  and Eriksen as a forward is just hopeless. 

We sit 3 weeks before the window shuts and Man United need the same 4 or 5 positions sorted that they needed in June.

If I was a Man United fan I will be extremely concerned,  your team and the way it is run is omminously like Mike Ashley is running it,  and that is not a good thing.   No fan is deserving of ineptitude from those running the game and looking at man united just makes me see Mike Ashley like nightmare of a self serving owner and inept structures to help the club all over again. 

14 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

This makes zero sense. Conte would be working at United under Glazer ownership. Spurs already had a better team than United when he joined. Just how exactly was Conte going to do anything at United without the players he can utilise at Spurs? Conte WAS wrong for United at the time. He’d have lasted 6 months tops. Hell, he was halfway through the door at Spurs with a decent enough team at one point.

I agree that we were a better team when Conte took over - United do not have anything like Son, Kane, Romero etc. However, Conte would have had high demands, not been prepared to let the club have a transfer window like they are having and would not have allowed an utter donkey like McTominay anywhere near your first team.

Mind you, I'm glad Conte didn't go there for obvious reasons and think Ten Haag warrants a chance to completely flush the club out.

55 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I watched the repeat game and the result justified Roy Keane labelling Man United the easiest team to play.   Brighton should have had 4 or 5 on the day,  their movement and passing caused havoc all day and Man Uniteds' McFred midfield showed again how ineffective it is at the defensive aspect of their duties leaving the back four ruthlessly exposed.    Man United need two good defensive midfielders if they insist on playing that deep two midfield formation as I can't recall them offering anything defensively. 

Brighton also showed how bad Man U are when it comes to high balls into the box,  it was quite uncomfortable for McGuire and Martinez all afternoon. 

Ronaldo did help change the game a bit but its alarming that he wants to leave,  and Eriksen as a forward is just hopeless. 

We sit 3 weeks before the window shuts and Man United need the same 4 or 5 positions sorted that they needed in June.

If I was a Man United fan I will be extremely concerned,  your team and the way it is run is omminously like Mike Ashley is running it,  and that is not a good thing.   No fan is deserving of ineptitude from those running the game and looking at man united just makes me see Mike Ashley like nightmare of a self serving owner and inept structures to help the club all over again. 

As much as I agree we’re shite, we had more shots than Brighton and more of them on target. So if Brighton should have had 4-5, then United should have had 5-6? If Rashford knew how to finish and Bruno hadn’t blasted over from 6 yards out, different game. Woulda, coulda shoulda for both teams.

Just now, Tar-Mairon said:

I agree that we were a better team when Conte took over - United do not have anything like Son, Kane, Romero etc. However, Conte would have had high demands, not been prepared to let the club have a transfer window like they are having and would not have allowed an utter donkey like McTominay anywhere near your first team.

Mind you, I'm glad Conte didn't go there for obvious reasons and think Ten Haag warrants a chance to completely flush the club out.

This is where you’re failing to grasp the absolute shit show that is Manchester United. Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho and Ole weren’t backed with what they needed (different from what we spent/got). It’s not happening for Ten Hag now. Conte would have been no different. He’d have just kicked up a fuss and left.

• Upvote 1

How much of that do you think is the managers being at fault too, from your perspective? 

The reliable sources seemed to suggest that Solskjaer wasn't interested in taking advice on replacing McFred and wanted to sign Van De Beek, who he never used.

51 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

How much of that do you think is the managers being at fault too, from your perspective? 

The reliable sources seemed to suggest that Solskjaer wasn't interested in taking advice on replacing McFred and wanted to sign Van De Beek, who he never used.

Moyes 90% at fault. He wiped out pretty much all the back too staff and alienated players from the off. 

LVG 60-40. The football was dire but he was picking up the pieces from Moyes’ disastrous spell. 

Mourinho 50-50. Again, alienated half the squad and never took personal responsibility for anything. 

Ole 50-50. Never backed with signings he actually needed. Spending money is one thing, spending it right is another. Zero tactical awareness though.

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Never knew it was the same cunt who tried doing kick ups on the pitch 🤣

In full United kit as well.

His bid of £20m was accepted by Martin Edwards but two of his main partners pulled out and Knighton took a seat on the Board instead.

Can you imagine the return on investment if they had bought the club for £20m and still owned it today.

• Sad 1

De Gea, Sancho, Fernandes, Shaw and Maguire. 

Over 250 million spent on that shower of shite. 

Of course we've got other issues but those 5 are supposed to be key players yet they are all absolutely shocking. 

• Subscriber

Only watched the highlights last night, what a load of shite, maybe De Gea was at fault for the goals and at least he admitted it but when you have a load of defensive clowns around you captained by the biggest clown going, fucking Maguire, we will go nowhere, the quicker ETH takes that captains armband off him and kicks him into the wild blue yonder, the better.

download.png

• Subscriber

Neville in the press saying that if United sell Ronaldo, they could finish in the bottom half.

I think it's a load of shite to be honest. Of course he'll bang in hat-tricks whenever Man Utd dominate a game but you can't avoid building the team around him if you're going to play him and it won't work for them. This whole transfer saga over the summer and the constant drama with him storming off the pitch when they lose, refusing to clap the away end, arguing with the bench, etc., which has already reared it's head at Brentford, it's all a bit toxic. The guy can't help making himself the story and as long as he's around I don't see Man Utd being able to focus on their priorities.

Ten Hag genuinely should just say to him, if you're not committed to this football club then you can train on your own and find yourself a move. I saw a report today that Ten Hag actually wasn't arsed if Ronaldo left and it was Joel Glazer who has been fighting to keep him. I don't know if it's true but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Upvote 1