talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

Mourinho and Ole emphasized a counter attacking game. These players have been far too comfortable playing a protective game vs taking the initiative/front foot, particularly in big matches. 

I did say that United need to stick with ten Hag, but the biggest worry is his naivety of the Premier League. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I wonder what "skill set" they're referring too given several managers can't seem to find a way to suit it.

To be honest our best football did come under Ole when we'd contain teams and catch them on the counter. 

Also think Rashfords best game for England (Spain away)  was in a very similar system. 

Martial suits that game as well. 

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I wonder what "skill set" they're referring too given several managers can't seem to find a way to suit it.

Wow that happened pretty quickly, if true.

The ego of these players is remarkable. It takes some gall being way understands for multiple seasons and then telling the manager "nah we don't want to learn your new tactics, we think you should do things the way our last permanent manager that got sacked did things."

Take the time to learn the fucking new system and learn how to adapt rather than just give up immediately.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wow that happened pretty quickly, if true.

The ego of these players is remarkable. It takes some gall being way understands for multiple seasons and then telling the manager "nah we don't want to learn your new tactics, we think you should do things the way our last permanent manager that got sacked did things."

Take the time to learn the fucking new system and learn how to adapt rather than just give up immediately.

How many managers have these cunts thrown under a bus? But yeah, nobody can manage their ‘skill set’. The only skill they have is managing to act like professional footballers whilst being utterly fucking wank. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

How many managers have these cunts thrown under a bus? But yeah, nobody can manage their ‘skill set’. The only skill they have is managing to act like professional footballers whilst being utterly fucking wank. 

The player power at United is just so toxic. The people are morons, so they won't do this, but they should be doing it to protect their investment in the club so they can keep leaching money through dividends... because it seems obvious (and they should know this as the owners of Tampa Bay's NFL team) - but being good and winning will make them make more money than being mediocre.

Perhaps they were so simple, they thought signing Cristiano Ronaldo would be the same as signing Tom Brady with Tampa Bay... but it shows a critical lack of understanding of the numerous problems United have on the pitch and in the dressing room.

But what they've really got to do is clear out a shitload of these dickhead players that think that because they're at Manchester United it means they're world class so they don't have to up their game. And that because they're "world class" in their minds, they think they know better than their manager. Your skipper with the massive slab for a head saying things like "I must be good, because I am picked every week" despite playing like shit and United suffering for it (regardless of any international goals against sides like the absolutely massive footballing powerhouse of San Marino) just sort of exemplifies what is wrong with the players at the club.

That's the captain not taking responsibility for his own bad performances or for his team constantly underperforming. No fan wants to see that - they want to see their captain be a link between the fans and the players, someone who can be honest enough to say "I'm not having the best season, my teammates aren't having the best season... but we're stopping at nothing to try to right the ship." You know... a leader in the dressing room... a captain.

And if that's the guy who's meant to be the squad's leader... I think it's safe to say that the club is full of players with an attitude that think they deserve success and think they don't actually have to work for it.

Ego and entitlement only get you so far when you're trying to compete against sides that have the talent and desire to be truly competitive. And sure, those clubs definitely have players with massive egos as well... but at least they back up their ridiculous egos by having the talent and desire to show they're amongst the best in the country and the continent.

What the fuck have these United players done in the past few seasons to back up these egos? The only one I can really think of is Ronaldo winning stuff at Real Madrid and Juve... and tbh, that's not just down to Ronaldo. He thinks he might be too good to not be playing in Europe... but he's part of that squad that failed to qualify for the CL.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 17/08/2022 at 21:50, DeadLinesman said:

God I hope this Jim Ratcliffe stuff is true.

Personally I don't think we should another player this window or within the next 10 months. Any signings now would be panic signings, players who are in their late 20's or around 30. They'll be given huge wages, will be third rate shit players who we'll be able to get rid off. In my opinion we need to sell as much as we can till till the summer transfer window. We'll likely finish around mid-table which is where we are right now, we are that shit. I'd try getting rid of as many of the following before the next summer window. I may have missed a few. Look at the list, how much utter shite do we have in our squad?

Henderson

Wan-Bissaka

Dalot

Maguire

Lindelof

Bailly

Phil Jones

Shaw

Fred

McTominay

Rashford

Martial

Ronaldo

Article in The Times behind a paywall. 

The Glazers are thinking of copying Barcelona and sell future TV rights.  Supposed,y using the money to invest in the stadium and training facilities,  but I wouldn't bet against the money going into the owners pocket.

What with all that's gone on so far this season,  the fan base is getting angrier and angrier  and with a protest already planned before the Liverpool game,  this story breaks at the worst possible time if you are hoping the match to go ahead.  

Bus targeted by Manchester United fans was carrying school children from South Africa 😯

Abus driver has told of how children hid under seats as a coach carrying Manchester United fans was mistakenly attacked near Old Trafford.

the vehicle was pelted with objects as it made its way through an area heavily populated with United supporters prior to Monday's Premier League game.

The bus, owned and branded by Manchester-based Beeline VIP Coaches, was actually transporting a touring group of mostly schoolchildren from South Africa.

The incident occurred just over half a mile away from the stadium outside the Tollgate pub, where United supporters had congregated in huge numbers for a protest march against the club's owners, the Glazer family.

Adam Bradshaw, driver and owner of the coach company, told the PA news agency: "It was a school group from South Africa on a football tour.

"They've come over here to visit as many clubs in the UK as they can and play a few games.

"Part of the programme was to go to the game last night because they are all massive United fans. They all had the scarves and shirts on and were excited for the game.

"Then we were outside that pub, the Tollgate, they started throwing bottles and cans at us for absolutely no reason. Kids were cowering under the seats and in the aisleways. It wasn't good at all.

12 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Bus targeted by Manchester United fans was carrying school children from South Africa 😯

Abus driver has told of how children hid under seats as a coach carrying Manchester United fans was mistakenly attacked near Old Trafford.

the vehicle was pelted with objects as it made its way through an area heavily populated with United supporters prior to Monday's Premier League game.

The bus, owned and branded by Manchester-based Beeline VIP Coaches, was actually transporting a touring group of mostly schoolchildren from South Africa.

The incident occurred just over half a mile away from the stadium outside the Tollgate pub, where United supporters had congregated in huge numbers for a protest march against the club's owners, the Glazer family.

Adam Bradshaw, driver and owner of the coach company, told the PA news agency: "It was a school group from South Africa on a football tour.

"They've come over here to visit as many clubs in the UK as they can and play a few games.

"Part of the programme was to go to the game last night because they are all massive United fans. They all had the scarves and shirts on and were excited for the game.

"Then we were outside that pub, the Tollgate, they started throwing bottles and cans at us for absolutely no reason. Kids were cowering under the seats and in the aisleways. It wasn't good at all.

Not a good advertisement for English football is it? Why the hell don't people just calm down and stop being so offensive and obsessed? Other sports don't have this hatred, it's so damned pathetic.

To football. Now, have you angry Utd fans been placated by the win against Liverpool? I posted after the Brentford match that you have nothing to worry about and you can forget all about that result and move on.

It's often the case that when a dominant  and "Undroppable"player in a team is axed that the team plays better. I've noticed it at Tottenham when Kane was injured, we scored more freely because his absence freed up the others somehow. Look how well you played with Maguire dropped. I think you can have confidence in Ten Hag.

11 hours ago, Waylander said:

I do recall a Pavard playing for France, and knowing the name makes me think he did something neat like scoring a cracking goal.

This might be the same chap.

One and the same player.  French international.    He looked good every time I have,seen him play for France but they are a stacked team , so they could have made him look,better than he is.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 27/08/2022 at 18:36, Waylander said:

Two consecutive wins since Maguire and Ronaldo rested...................

I have mentioned before, take the captain's armband off him and see what happens, not having that responsibility on his square head he might play ok but saying all that I would rather we keep who we have in defence and maybe play Maguire in low-key matches.

As for Ronaldo, I could not give 2 shits about him anymore if he plays or not, he has been acting like a spoilt little brat if what I have been reading is right or not.

• Upvote 1

On 27/08/2022 at 19:36, Waylander said:

Two consecutive wins since Maguire and Ronaldo rested...................

Often happens when players you think are indispensable are dropped. Their absence can release the others to play better. Can't put my finger on why but it's happened at Spurs.

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I have mentioned before, take the captain's armband off him and see what happens, not having that responsibility on his square head he might play ok but saying all that I would rather we keep who we have in defence and maybe play Maguire in low-key matches.

As for Ronaldo, I could not give 2 shits about him anymore if he plays or not, he has been acting like a spoilt little brat if what I have been reading is right or not.

NEVER buy back, it rarely works i.e Lukaku.