talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think if man utd and liverpool both become state clubs I'll  stop watching the premier league. What would be the  point  

both clubs are very rich when it comes to commercial pull and just need management to get the right structures in place, but sadly they want absolute money and want to make it easy as in the case of man United fans, spending 250m a season is not enough.

• Subscriber
On 27/11/2022 at 03:55, Happy Blue said:

🤣

20221127_034951.jpg

Say no more... :whistling::coffee:

With DC United going through a terrible run of form, a source has told The Sun that Rooney attempted a rousing ‘triumph over adversity speech’ during a team talk...                              9_9

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see the United financials that were released? 307m in transfer debt on top of the 500m club debt. Had to borrow a further £100m last year and now only got £24m left in the club coffers which is about 3-4 weeks of operating costs. We’re literally on a pay check to pay check basis at the moment. No wonder the spineless money grabbing want to sell. 

We could be well and truly fucked at this point.

• Upvote 1

12 years of systemic mismanagement of player recruitment has been the major driver.   money has not been in short supply but it's been squandered on poor player recruitment and shocking salaries.

the man United fans here are good eggs but sadly there are way to many that I would love to see humbled a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Jack Butland: Man Utd sign Crystal Palace goalkeeper on loan

Manchester United have signed Crystal Palace goalkeeper Jack Butland on loan for the remainder of the season.

United manager Erik ten Hag needs a number two to David de Gea after Newcastle United cut Martin Dubravka's loan period short.

Butland, who has nine England caps, has been with Crystal Palace since 2020 but is yet to play this season.

"This is an amazing club and one that I am now proud to represent," said Butland, 29.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64186191

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

not sure the source for the Mctominay link is anything more than papertalk.  he will go from first backup at Man United to second backup with us

Man Utd's stance on Scott McTominay transfer as Newcastle interest emerges

Scott McTominay has made 189 appearances for Manchester United since making his debut in May 2017 and is said to be a transfer target for Premier League rivals Newcastle

Newcastle are reportedly interested in signing Scott McTominay - but Manchester United want to keep the Scotland international.

McTominay, 26, has two-and-a-half years remaining on his existing deal, which United can extend by a further 12 months if they wish. The midfielder has played 19 games under Erik ten Hag this season and is considered a useful member of the squad.

(More...)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manutd-newcastle-transfers-scott-mctominay-28879841

13 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Wasn't much good with Burnley and he's a few years older now.

Look at his goal record for club and country aside from Burnley. It's actually really good.

Let's be clear his spell at Burnley wasn't great, that said I doubt any decent striker would have scored for Burnley last season, they were terrible.

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Keep him, fuck signing 30 year olds, we have enough young lads in the youth team that we can blood for the first team.

He's a loan signing until the end of the season, we can't expect Martial to play every match and he gives us another option of height if needed.

Look at his records for club and Country, he's scored lots.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Devil said:

He's a loan signing until the end of the season, we can't expect Martial to play every match and he gives us another option of height if needed.

Look at his records for club and Country, he's scored lots.

The only 'Oldie' we had that I did like was Zlatan but I am afraid there are not many of them around nowadays, that guy is still going strong at 41 years old, if I counted up right he has scored 405 goals (17 for United) and 62 for sweeden since 1999, starting off at Malmö FF    .:x

Edited by CaaC (John)