talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

7 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Looks like the sale is getting closer, three interested parties with somebody from Dubai being the favourite,  with Qatar and Ratcliffe also in the running.  Early February set as the deadline for bids.

Can't come soon enough, there will be some party outside Old Trafford on that day.

• Subscriber

Manchester United: Sir Jim Ratcliffe's company Ineos formally joins process to buy club

f5a7a7c3-31d7-424c-b40a-131b4955a0e9.png

British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe's firm Ineos has officially entered the race to buy Manchester United.

United's owners the Glazer family said in November that they were considering selling the club as they "explore strategic alternatives".

An Ineos spokesperson "We have formally put ourselves into the process."

Ratcliffe made an unsuccessful £4.25bn offer to buy Chelsea last year after owner Roman Abramovich put the London club up for sale.

Born the son of a joiner in Failsworth, in Greater Manchester, Ratcliffe is a boyhood fan of United and one of the UK's richest men.

The Old Trafford club are fourth in the Premier League after an improvement in form under manager Erik ten Hag, who took over in the summer.

They beat local rivals Manchester City 2-1 on Saturday and are nine points off leaders Arsenal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64310893

59 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I love the idea of a Ratcliffe lead consortium. He is a Manchester United fan and has a real interest in investing in a football club in England.

I'd be interested to know who else is involved and their wealth.

2 hours ago, Devil said:

I love the idea of a Ratcliffe lead consortium. He is a Manchester United fan and has a real interest in investing in a football club in England.

I'd be interested to know who else is involved and their wealth.

I think Lewis Hamilton is one of them.  He was involved in the Chelsea bid.

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I think Lewis Hamilton is one of them. 

He is an Arsenal supporter O.o

Which football team does Lewis Hamilton support?

Hamilton is an Arsenal fan and has been since he was six years old, when his sister (Samantha Lockhart), playfully chided him into supporting the Gunners

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/which-football-team-does-lewis-hamilton-support/bltbe0fdf3ed7de9579

32 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

He is an Arsenal supporter O.o

Which football team does Lewis Hamilton support?

Hamilton is an Arsenal fan and has been since he was six years old, when his sister (Samantha Lockhart), playfully chided him into supporting the Gunners

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/which-football-team-does-lewis-hamilton-support/bltbe0fdf3ed7de9579

He maybe an Arsenal fan but I do belive he was involved in the Chelsea bid.

8 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

That's true.  My guess it's going to be one of the Arabs

I hear the mention of the Saudis or Qataris but that surely starts becoming questionable for the rules of the game. How can they priorities over PSG or Newcastle when it comes to investment and the bigger priority.

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

ineos from what I see

That's his company, they are worth in the region of 65 billion. This will be his personal wealth of 15 billion plus a consortium of other mega rich individuals. I'd imagine Fred Dunn (owner of betfred) would be involved in some capacity. He and his brother are life long reds and worth in the Billions as they are now into Construction as well as Sportsbetting.

Edited by Devil

1 hour ago, Devil said:

I hear the mention of the Saudis or Qataris but that surely starts becoming questionable for the rules of the game. How can they priorities over PSG or Newcastle when it comes to investment and the bigger priority.

That's his company, they are worth in the region of 65 billion. This will be his personal wealth of 15 billion plus a consortium of other mega rich individuals. I'd imagine Fred Dunn (owner of betfred) would be involved in some capacity. He and his brother are life long reds and worth in the Billions as they are now into Construction as well as Sportsbetting.

I was listening to it on Goldbridge, Strettforf Paddock, Football terrace etc but kind of dozed off.

SJR is perfect as he will fix the ailing infrastructure and off field stuff while having enough to keep recruitment up to contender levels.  the fans on live chat seem to want money bags Arabs to come and just throw money around with no benefit.

I can see Dubai or Qatar buying Liverpool which will be hilarious to see the ritualistic suicide of "morality".

10 hours ago, Devil said:

I think the way the Arabs get around owning two teams is to have a different branch of the ruling family buy United.  Or have other individuals in Saudi Arabia or Quatar not directly related to the Emir buy the club.

Edited by Redcanuck

9 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I was listening to it on Goldbridge, Strettforf Paddock, Football terrace etc but kind of dozed off.

SJR is perfect as he will fix the ailing infrastructure and off field stuff while having enough to keep recruitment up to contender levels.  the fans on live chat seem to want money bags Arabs to come and just throw money around with no benefit.

I can see Dubai or Qatar buying Liverpool which will be hilarious to see the ritualistic suicide of "morality".

Unless Ratcliffe gets three or four individuals with his type of money, I don't think he can afford to lay out as much money that is needed.  United need a new stadium and you want to see the same type of development City has done around their stadium.   I think only the Arabs have that type of money.

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

I think the way the Arabs get around owning two teams is to have a different branch of the ruling family buy United.  Or have other individuals in Saudi Arabia or Quatar not directly related to the Emir buy the club.

If it happens it happens, I always said I wouldn't be keen on Oil money through a moral stance but that was before Newcastle and the potential purchase of Liverpool.

If we're to compete I believe we need to be on a level with the richest, I still believe City hold back a touch, they could spend whatever they like If they wanted as could Newcastle, so we need to be on a level playing field.

Another player that ten Hag has his eyes on is the veteran German forward Marco Reus. ten Hag is seemingly looking to bring in some experienced players that don't cost too much, but who can make a serious impact. He has already brought in Dutch centre-forward Wout Weghorst on loan from Burnley and now it seems like Reus is the next player he wants at United.

Edited by Michael

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Another player that ten Hag has his eyes on is the veteran German forward Marco Reus. ten Hag is seemingly looking to bring in some experienced players that don't cost too much, but who can make a serious impact. He has already brought in Dutch centre-forward Wout Weghorst on loan from Burnley and now it seems like Reus is the next player he wants at United.

Absolutely no chance we are signing a 33 year old forward with the injury record of Reus.

We've been down this road before and we've learned from it. Sorry but that story is completely fake.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Stan said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-sale-glazers-crystalpalace-29027088

@The Palace Fan

Palace's part-owners may look into buying shares in Man Utd if they were to give up their stake in Palace...

We've joked about this for a while. They did the same thing with Chelsea.

On 08/01/2023 at 16:59, OrangeKhrush said:

you have been linked to Thuram and Depay, both better than him.   

don't catch feels, the idea of man United signing a 31 year old who flopped in the premier league and would struggle in the championship is baffling.  you just need to get over your "people must not talk about man United" complex.   

At which point during this statement did you mention fans talking him up like a marquee signing.

Flopped in the Premier league, that would suggest your basing your theory on his only spell in the Premier league.... his time at Burnley.

So based on the exact same theory Anthony Gordon is a bad signing for Newcastle.... yet you say he's struggling for form in a struggling side.

7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I see Eriksen is out until end of April beginning of May, so virtually for the season.

Terrible news since he is one of our best players this season, midfield doesn't function the same without him. Apparently we are close to get Marcel Sabitzer, I guess he will be competing with Fred for that Eriksen position.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fusion said:

Terrible news since he is one of our best players this season, midfield doesn't function the same without him. Apparently we are close to get Marcel Sabitzer, I guess he will be competing with Fred for that Eriksen position.

Felt that he never had to play vs Reading to be honest.