talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

15 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I like that, quality footballers wanting to play for us again for more than just money.

ETH has changed the outlook of the club in a matter of months, you can have the money of the oil clubs but the reality is a top player would always choose a successful and decent Manchester United over the likes of the cash rich oil clubs like Newcastle.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Devil said:

I like that, quality footballers wanting to play for us again for more than just money.

ETH has changed the outlook of the club in a matter of months, you can have the money of the oil clubs but the reality is a top player would always choose a successful and decent Manchester United over the likes of the cash rich oil clubs like Newcastle.

Would starting 15 of a possible 40 league games for Bayern be more of a reason than wanting to play for Ten Hag?  A 28 year old on 160k not getting games for Bayern may just be a candidate for a move.  

It is an interesting move,  probably one of the more interesting moves of the day but I wouldn't say he is moving for the love of Man United or working for Ten Hag,  Martin Dubravka said the same thing. 

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It is an interesting move,  probably one of the more interesting moves of the day but I wouldn't say he is moving for the love of Man United or working for Ten Hag,  Martin Dubravka said the same thing. 

9_9

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47l0r97rvmaplq37z32w

• Subscriber

Man Utd transfer news: Marcel Sabitzer completes loan move from Bayern Munich

aa26c3f7-3068-4080-b52f-f32ef0532de6.png

Manchester United have completed the loan signing of Austrian midfielder Marcel Sabitzer from Bayern Munich.

The 28-year-old joins Erik ten Hag's squad until the end of the season following Christian Eriksen's long-term injury and a short-term problem for Scott McTominay.

Sabitzer has made 54 appearances for Bayern since joining in August 2021.

"Sometimes in life you have to make quick and important decisions," Sabitzer said.

"From the moment I heard about this opportunity I knew it was right for me. I am a competitive player; I want to win and help the club achieve its aims this season," he added.

"I feel that I am at my peak as a player, and that I can contribute a lot of experience and energy to the squad.

"I'm excited to start with my new team-mates and manager and to show my qualities to Manchester United fans."

Sabitzer, who was previously club captain of RB Leipzig, has made 443 career club appearances across Europe.

He has also scored 12 goals in 68 appearances for Austria.

Without Eriksen, who has been ruled out until the end of April with an ankle injury, and McTominay, Ten Hag had been left with only two fit central midfielders - Casemiro and Fred - for the upcoming games against Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace.

United remain in all four competitions and face Forest at Old Trafford on Wednesday in the Carabao Cup semi-final, with a 3-0 advantage from the first leg.

At Tuesday's news conference the United manager said it was "difficult" to complete any deals on deadline day - however he is well known at Bayern Munich because of his spell as second-team coach there.

United also signed Netherlands striker Wout Weghorst on loan for the rest of the season from Burnley earlier in the January window.

United announced early on Wednesday that defender Axel Tuanzebe had joined Stoke City on loan until the end of the season.

The 25-year-old spent the first half of last season on loan at Aston Villa and the second half on loan at Napoli in Serie A.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64478174

one of the reasons for our take over was that investor wealth would not substitute the club's wealth.  Now we have Chelsea and reports of man United having exorbitant sugar daddy money.

man United is a club with 1.1bn debt and losing 2m per week.  the point of profit and sustainability is to minimise risk of debt and make clubs self sufficient.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Qatar bid submitted apparently. 

Share prices have sky rocketed apparently.

The summer transfer window is going to be mental for United if this goes through. We can literally sign whoever we want, I know we've spent big most windows but this will take our ability to spend to an even crazier level.

ETH could literally sign all the players he needs now in one window.

Goalkeeper, midfielder, Striker, right back, Centre back.

its a dangerous bid for football in general where one club will be able to do what Chelsea did, but all the time.  it destroys competition and will break transfer markets even more.  

sportswashing is on the cusp of winning a major moral victory.  they are about to own a marquee club and show that fans are happy to buy a title.  

the other bid will still make man United strong with ample support for on and off field upgrades, but it's not going to be 400+ a season.

Props to Adam Mckola coming out and saying he is not happy about Qatar

31 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

its a dangerous bid for football in general where one club will be able to do what Chelsea did, but all the time.  it destroys competition and will break transfer markets even more.  

sportswashing is on the cusp of winning a major moral victory.  they are about to own a marquee club and show that fans are happy to buy a title.  

the other bid will still make man United strong with ample support for on and off field upgrades, but it's not going to be 400+ a season.

Hold on a minute, so your saying it isn't fair we can be bought out by Oil money but it's totally fine for the likes of City and yourself?

That's absolute bollocks, one of the most pathetic things I've ever read.

Let me be clear, I hate whats happened to football. I loved it when the likes of your local business man owned the club and we were all shocked at mid season transfers like Andy Cole to United. I loved the fall outs when players were shown the door by managers with little power and the managers controlled the whole club top to bottom.

When Chelsea got bought out by Roman it's changed the football landscape forever, the mega rich owner arrived. What happened next at City and PSG blew the game apart. 

Unfortunately this is how it's gone and it would ideally back to its original roots but that's never going to happen. You can't go round saying though its fine for us to be owned by a Gult state but Manchester United shouldn't be allowed because its not fair.

That's the way game has gone, I don't know why your moaning anyway, you're part of the big explosion of money, you're not being left behind.

Edited by Devil

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It's exactly what your own club is doing, yet I didn't see you criticising that? Hypocrite, much? 

55 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Don't you support Newcastle?

• Haha 2