talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

Sounds like another chance for pundits to be sensationalist fools and right on cue, Jamie Carragher jumps in with an 'embarrassing' jibe. 

In actual fact, this is barely news. Everyone knows that Mourinho adopts a very defensive approach in big games, his time at Chelsea is testament to that and most people could name games in which a side managed by Mourinho, has done exactly that.

• Administrator

that is pretty pathetic considering how much they've spent on players and the talent around their whole squad. to not even score one goal?! Poor form.

that defensive approach has to change next season. you can't win titles if you don't score!

Is it any surprise though? Like I said, the best of him died with Inter in 2010. 

Not counting Leicester in December of 2015, his last away goal against a top 6 side was against Spurs in the 3-5 defeat at the Lane in January of 2015. 

It's crap football, crap all round to be honest.

He makes it worse by speaking rubbish that has nothing to do with any of the reasons people really watch football for.  Only this weekend just gone by he spouted gibberish where we even had a member (obviously a fanboy in terms of a coach) trying to turn a DEFEAT into something positive! xD

Mourinho isn't behind the times...  He is the epitome of a troll, but in his case, one that works at the top end of the game.  He is a total joke but at the same time a pig.

There was a general agreement when he was made Manager that his style of football would lead to him not being a long term succesor at Manchester United. Mourinho's teams sit far too deep for Old Trafford to be considered a ground where you'd fear the home team any more and over time the fans will turn on it.

It's because of the way they set up in big games. Mourinho is too conservative, and I don't blame him... he's had a good track record with his style. But when all the other big teams are playing football that's good to watch, it's less easy to justify. Honestly I think his side is too imperfect compared to his Chelsea and Inter to be able to defend like that and stay fucking deadly on the counter. He's also got players at his disposal that are better suited for less rigid approaches. And when they're playing us and not testing our wonky defense, sure we might not be able to score... but they're also not exploiting our weaknesses.

I hope to fuck his collapse at Chelsea and the rise of sides playing entertaining football is an indication that Pullis' and Porto Pulis' style have been sussed out.

• Upvote 1

That part is true with what Mourinho said on the amount of matches and looking to focus on one particular competition.  I feel sorry for him to be honest because his squad is very thin with probably only a first XI to pick from as there hasn't exactly been a lot of investment in the side since Ferguson stepped down.  It's not everyday United has seen themselves having to combine Europe with domestic football.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That part is true with what Mourinho said on the amount of matches and looking to focus on one particular competition.  I feel sorry for him to be honest because his squad is very thin with probably only a first XI to pick from as there hasn't exactly been a lot of investment in the side since Ferguson stepped down.  It's not everyday United has seen themselves having to combine Europe with domestic football.

xD

1 minute ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Mourinho: "If we win the Europa League I will be more than happy, it has been such a difficult season."

(Against ajax 6 played 6 victories, about to be 7/7) 

Do you shake it everytime you speak about Mourinho? 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Mourinho: "If we win the Europa League I will be more than happy, it has been such a difficult season."

(Against ajax 6 played 6 victories, about to be 7/7) 

funny you mention this bit because when that was put to Mourinho, he immediately retorted 'means nothing, means nothing' xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

funny you mention this bit because when that was put to Mourinho, he immediately retorted 'means nothing, means nothing' xD 

Plus it was a different ajax side and he was the coach of Real Madrid. Even Real Madrid with mourinho would batter this Man utd team.

This is a hell of a lot worse than the sickness Term-X had, and I thought that was impossible. xD

Seriously though...  All of this I KNOW will be alienating the true Man Utd fans we have and could possibly have because they won't want to associate with all of this idolatry nonsense.

• Administrator

Jesus, United are no fun to watch anymore. To think it used to be annoying seeing them sweeping all aside, but now it's worse seeing this team sleep walking in apathy.