talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Ashley Young has turned down an offer of a one-year contract extension from Manchester United and looks increasingly likely to leave Old Trafford this month, according to Sky in Italy.

The 34-year-old's current deal expires in the summer and United made the offer of a one-year extension in order to fend off interest from Inter Milan, as Antonio Conte tries to strengthen his squad in the fight for the Serie A title.

Thank fuck and I hope Sky are right this time around.

So Pogba posted a video of him listening to audio of the Quran.

Giggs comes out and questions Pogba’s ethics for listening to his holy book.

Giggs fucked his brothers wife for 8 years and shouldn’t be questioning anyone’s ethics because he’s unethical scum. Let alone questioning someone’s ethics because of their religious beliefs, the fucking bigot

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So Pogba posted a video of him listening to audio of the Quran.

Giggs comes out and questions Pogba’s ethics for listening to his holy book.

Giggs fucked his brothers wife for 8 years and shouldn’t be questioning anyone’s ethics because he’s unethical scum. Let alone questioning someone’s ethics because of their religious beliefs, the fucking bigot

Not seen it. Can you post the link?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Not at all what he was implying. He’s more or less blaming modern football and the use of social media. 

Didn't come out with that shite while JLingz is playing like absolute dogshite but gets on social media constantly to promote his clothing brand, though did he? Targeted one particular player and after he posted something of him starting his new year by listening to some shite from his religion.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not seen it. Can you post the link?

I saw Man Utd fans complaining about it on reddit saying that Giggs' comments were a disgrace - let me see if I can find them.

lol @ the top comment xD : "He's just jealous Pogba can hang out with his brothers"

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Didn't come out with that shite while JLingz is playing like absolute dogshite but gets on social media constantly to promote his clothing brand, though did he? Targeted one particular player and after he posted something of him starting his new year by listening to some shite from his religion.

I saw Man Utd fans complaining about it on reddit saying that Giggs' comments were a disgrace - let me see if I can find them.

lol @ the top comment xD : "He's just jealous Pogba can hang out with his brothers"

But they weren’t talking about Lingard? They were specifically talking about Pogba. Lingard is just a shit player, Pogba is actually talented but couldn’t be arsed and is more interested in posting on his social media vs showing commitment amid constant speculation about his future. 

To say Gigg’s intention was questioning Pogba’s ethics because he’s Muslim is so out of context. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

But they weren’t talking about Lingard? They were specifically talking about Pogba. Lingard is just a shit player, Pogba is actually talented but couldn’t be arsed and is more interested in posting on his social media vs showing commitment amid constant speculation about his future. 

To say Gigg’s intention was questioning Pogba’s ethics because he’s Muslim is so out of context. 

He's just had fucking surgery on his foot and is recovering - he posted something about what he was doing on New Years at midnight. You know who else did that? Shitloads of other professional players who have Instagram accounts.

There are tons of players that perform at a very high level on social media. It's not the fucking issue with Manchester United. Pogba, this season, hasn't even been the issue at Man Utd - other than him not being fit for very much of the season. And I know there were rumours of him faking an injury, but him getting surgery sort of nips that rumour in the bud pretty emphatically because you don't go under the scalpel blade if you need to.

Pogba is the go to punching bag at United because he's the one creative midfielder they have that can last a full 90 minutes when he's fit & he's not been fit, he cost a shitload of money but United are still not very good, he left the club on a free transfer and came back to big fanfare and then United have remained a pretty meh side - so he doesn't get the same treatment as other United players.

But honestly, who give as a fuck what a player posts on their social media on new years as long as it's not them doing something illegal or mocking the disabled or shite like that? It's a non-issue because... a lot of good players are on social media and active on social media. People just want to blame Pogba for United being crap so they give him a lot of shit.

In reality, he's a good player - just not the sort of midfielder they thought he was that would take the game by the scruff of the neck and lead United through example.

I think mine and Ciceros point is that it has nothing to do with an anti Muslim rhetoric. People went off on one when he was in Miami playing basketball when ‘injured’. He also had to fuck off and prance about at his brothers charity game when he could have been a professional and stayed with the club doing proper rehabilitation like most players. Nobody batted an eyelid when he got shit over those posts, yet he gets similar abuse about his commitment/whereabouts and because it’s at a religious festival, it’s all a sudden a hate crime and the abuse is religious based? I genuinely can’t see it. 

The blokes an utter shit cunt. He cares only about his image and his wallet. He couldn’t give less of a fuck about United than actually taking a shit outside the K Stand on Sir Matt Busby Way. The sooner he fucks off the better.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I wish I was there and Ole, shhh, none of this shit, please, "We are a family and I can only say from my time here I have been backed by the owners and backed by Ed. They are supporting me so we have to stick together." you might like them weasels but I don't like them, like a lot of other United supporters.

Quote.thumb.png.4230889d457f51ea3b961b719b29fd1d.png

Manchester United: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says club must 'stick together' amid fan protests

Manchester United must "stick together" following fan protests against the club's owners and Ed Woodward at Old Trafford, says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The protests occurred during United's 4-0 win over Norwich on Saturday.

Red Devils supporters in the Stretford End loudly chanted "we want Glazers out" and sang profanities against executive vice-chairman Woodward.

"I am not sure if the players got it. I noticed it, yeah," said United manager Solskjaer.

The sentiment spread to other parts of the stadium during the second half and some anger was directed towards Woodward by fans exiting at full time.

"As a club, we have got to stick together and be united," added Solskjaer.

"We are a family and I can only say from my time here I have been backed by the owners and backed by Ed. They are supporting me so we have to stick together."

Fans waited until going 3-0 up in the 54th minute before expressing their frustrations against the club's hierarchy and it was not for the first time this season.

Before the game against Liverpool in October, supporters marched outside the ground with a banner which read "Glazers out, Woodward out. £1bn stolen from MUFC," while a plane was flown over the ground with a banner reading: "Ed still failing, Woodward out."

The thrashing of Norwich was United's first victory in four games after being beaten by Arsenal in their last league game, a drab showing in a goalless draw at Wolves in the FA Cup and being outclassed in the Carabao Cup semi-final first-leg at home by rivals Manchester City.

Solskjaer's own position is constantly under question because of inconsistent performances, but the Norwegian pointed out: "We are in all competitions, still in the Carabao Cup, the FA Cup, we are fifth in the league, have improved our position from last season, and we have the Europa League.

"So the fans have to believe me when I say I feel we are doing loads of good things behind the scenes, we are going in the right directions.

"You saw the attitude, effort and work-rate, that is the core of the group that will go forward."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51079707

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spelling

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

I wish I was there and Ole, shhh, none of this shit, please, "We are a family and I can only say from my time here I have been backed by the owners and backed by Ed. They are supporting me so we have to stick together." you might like them weasels but I don't like a lot of other United supporters.

Bit harsh mate. I like most United supporters 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

"When you play Man City in the Carabao Cup and they put their strongest team out, you know that you're going places," he said. 

"Because that means that they respect us."

Christ, that's actually Hodgson-esque

And it wasn't even our strongest team xD

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The fact we’ve got nobody better than this is shameful. He’s been at the club two minutes.

Thought De Gea would have been a decent shout. Been at the club long enough. Perhaps the leadership qualities that are required of a captain (understated these days?) aren't present in De Gea. Maybe Mata as well. 

The fact it's been given to Maguire already goes to show that Utd have lacked/been lacking a proper leader for some time. I know there's the unhappiness at the board to explain some things about Utd right now but it could explain why some things on the pitch haven't been going great either - there's no character like you had with the likes of Keane, Vidic, Ferdinand, Rooney etc. Instead you have tits like Jones, Bailly and Fred to get you through xD 

• Sad 1