talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Trying having a vested fucking interest in it :censored:

Mourinho has brought 90s Italian football to the Premier League, games devoid of intensity, ambition and interest. That draw at Southampton was a piss poor match. 

10 minutes ago, Batard said:

Mourinho has brought 90s Italian football to the Premier League, games devoid of intensity, ambition and interest. That draw at Southampton was a piss poor match. 

What do you think of Marquinhos though?  I think he's quality although he's not the polished article yet.  Do you think he's worth the money PSG want for him?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What do you think of Marquinhos though?  I think he's quality although he's not the polished article yet.  Do you think he's worth the money PSG want for him?

I rated him at Roma so £50-60m for him I see as damn good business, especially when you compare its the equivalent asking price for Virgil van Dijk

Just now, Batard said:

I rated him at Roma so £50-60m for him I see as damn good business, especially when you compare its the equivalent asking price for Virgil van Dijk

So that's around €75m to €80m...  That's proper expensive for a defender when it's goals that win you games and systems that mainly keep goals out if you get what I mean.  As a fan I would never want my club to spend that amount of money on a centre-back because no matter how good he is, there are risks involved with systems and the change of leagues which also involves culture shock and can make a player start their new adventure on tenderfeet.

Do you think United would be mad to spend that amount of money on him?

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So that's around €75m to €80m...  That's proper expensive for a defender when it's goals that win you games and systems that mainly keep goals out if you get what I mean.  As a fan I would never want my club to spend that amount of money on a centre-back because no matter how good he is, there are risks involved with systems and the change of leagues which also involves culture shock and can make a player start their new adventure on tenderfeet.

Do you think United would be mad to spend that amount of money on him?

He's 23, has a good decade in him to go at the top level in my opinion, he's worth that in my mind. I remember people balking at the Buffon fee in 2001, now it looks like some of the best business ever done. 

It's reasons like this I'm not bothered about European football too much. That and the fan bases. The clubs bandwagon on fads for marketing strategies to try to pander to a certain audience (usually American). Alongside all the people that hardly know about football makes debate on this certain topic only possible on football forums or with locals.

Just now, Stan said:

that is actually so cringey and so cheesy. the game's fucking gone. 

Follow South American football like me mate. Standard isn't the best but it's fun to watch and generally you don't see shit like this :)

• Administrator
Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Follow South American football like me mate. Standard isn't the best but it's fun to watch and generally you don't see shit like this :)

no

• Upvote 4

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

2vsrjgy.jpg

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Angel Gomes is the winner of the Jimmy Murphy Youth Player of the Year award for 2016/17.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan's scorpion-kick goal vs Sunderland wins United's Goal of the Year for 2016/17.

Antonio Vanencia has been voted as the Manchester United Players' Player of the Year 2016/17.

Axel Tuanzebe wins the Denzil Haroun Reserve Team Player of the Year for 2016/17.

Ander Herrera has won the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year for 2016/17.

Sir Matt Busby player of the year :rofl:

23 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

It's reasons like this I'm not bothered about European football too much. That and the fan bases. The clubs bandwagon on fads for marketing strategies to try to pander to a certain audience (usually American). Alongside all the people that hardly know about football makes debate on this certain topic only possible on football forums or with locals.

The almighty South American leagues, where they have a sponsor on every limb and over every organ.

Edited by Danny