talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

I don't like Woody & the Glazer mob in how they are running the club and normal peaceful protest in letting them know to piss off somewhere else is fine but when it comes to targeting a property with flares or whatnot when there are children living there then no thank you to the idiots that did that, if someone targetted my flat with my wife & grandsons present and I caught them then I would be locked up for GBH.

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I thought our fans were too entitled... imagine attacking someone's house because Bruno Fernandes' transfer hasn't been completed yet. Psycho.

Fucking idiots, imagine if kids had been there they would have been terrified. 

To be fair, the more I read, the more it seems complete suspect. A S*n photographer just happens to rock up minutes later as it’s happening? The same S*n who Neil Ashton used to work for? His Mrs just happens not to be at home with two young twins? And now Ashton and his media mates are writing articles left right and centre how misunderstood Woodward is and that none of United's failings are his fault? That he just happened to be the poor bloke who brokered the whole deal for the Glazers to take over? 

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s obviously way to far. 

Some people are pushed to the brink with stuff like this though as it IS their life. You’ll always read that there’s more important things in life and that decisions these blokes make doesn’t effect you personally. That’s bollocks. 

One of my best mates is a carpet fitter. He works massive industrial jobs and does foreigners regularly till late at night to afford his season ticket, as well as travelling to away games throughout Europe. He’s been doing this since the mid 80’s and it’s all he’s ever known. Once someone starts fucking around with your social enjoyment, it gets personal. 

Just to be clear, this doesn’t condone throwing flares at houses when there’s wives and kids involved. Completely unacceptable.

I mean even if his wives and kids weren’t involved, it’s hard to think of any circumstance where it’s okay to do this to someone just because they’re shit at their job.

There are better ways to voice frustration more effectively than singing about killing someone as you attempt to scare the shit out of them and their families. Fortunately nobody was home, I think it’d be even worse if his kids were there hearing about how people want their dad dead and having flares thrown at their house.

And it’s even more ridiculous because I imagine something like this makes Woodward look more sympathetic to the board & to the outside world - the media had turned on him and was calling for him to be sacked. Now the media will be painting him as a victim because... well this shit happened, so that’s reasonable.

It’s probably better PR than anything that cunt hired from that cunty rag of a paper could have done for his public persona.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

To be fair, the more I read, the more it seems complete suspect. A S*n photographer just happens to rock up minutes later as it’s happening? The same S*n who Neil Ashton used to work for? His Mrs just happens not to be at home with two young twins? And now Ashton and his media mates are writing articles left right and centre how misunderstood Woodward is and that none of United's failings are his fault? That he just happened to be the poor bloke who brokered the whole deal for the Glazers to take over? 

He’d have to get 30 odd people willing to break laws and assure them there’s no chance of them getting caught or facing legal repercussion.

It’s possible... but I think it’s extremely unlikely.

I think this is just more of the Twitter melt mentality crossing over into the real world. A group of twats deciding to take things way beyond normal limits because they’re attention whores. 

16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

It makes me wonder though if the bastards were really United supporters or pretending to be and maybe supporters from another club doing it, either way, they are still fucking morons. 

You have form, the homes of Maurice Watkins, Rooney and Rio Ferdinand have all had the 'MIB' turn up to them over the past 10-15 years. I doubt it's a complete fake.

All this hand wringing from the middle class press is nauseating though, it's entirely because they have stolen the game of football from the working class that his kind of things happen.

15 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You have form, the homes of Maurice Watkins, Rooney and Rio Ferdinand have all had the 'MIB' turn up to them over the past 10-15 years. I doubt it's a complete fake.

A close friend from Uni used to body guard for Rooney and Stretford. They used to turn up all the time.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mis-controlled it. 

Apparently this bit of skill and getting fouled got you the free kick for the goal. And I’d never have expected that.

Because while Messi sometimes plays in the false 9, Lingard has truly mastered playing as a false footballer. Seeing him do something actually impressive looking is strange

• Haha 2

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Shame really but there you go, Conte seems to have the Midas touch on the guy.

Conti and Lukaku are close. 

I laughed at one point yesterday as we started Sanchez, Young, and Lukaku. I like Young, and I adore Lukaku, but they were all starters for Man U just last year. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Lukaku wanted out, simple as that. He even said so.

The mistake was not replacing him. Lukaku far from lived up to the £75m price tag for United but he has always been a bit of a flat track bully and scored against the lesser sides which is where United have struggled this season