talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Old Trafford will never ever be empty.

One thing about United, league Cup or League game. Always full.

We're not City, they can't even fill their stadium for Champions league games with a team so dominant.

Our support is huge, I've just been to Egypt and whenever I say Manchester they all love United.

Agree on your support, I know from working Down Under at one charity shield match didn't notice until k.o when all the Utd fans came in. The numbers were surprising

6 hours ago, Devil said:

I wasn't suggesting we'd be relegated.

I just think the owners are happy running as a commercial business and don't have the ambition of other owners so we may never get back within the title contenders.

Tbf if they want to keep milking glory hunters, they’ve got to show ambition eventually.

They’ve done it with their American sports team. They’ve signed probably the best NFL player in history and surrounded him with good players and suddenly enjoyed rapid success.

And they’ve spent a lot with you tbh. I know they could have been spending more, but you’ve spent a lot. Biggest difference between you lot & the American NFL side they have is they’ve got a veteran proven good coach at the helm there.

Honestly I think Woodward’s just not going to sack Ole as one of the last actions while he’s in charge. I’m sure he’s gone as soon as Woodward’s gone.

They literally just need to finish following the blueprint of their NFL side and give a good coach good players (and I think you have good players, you have Cristiano Ronaldo)

United are probably going through what Liverpool went through from the early nineties. They'll be up and around the top 6. They won't fall far below it. They will hoover up some trophies sporadically (although I suspect in United's case, it'll be domestic only, the CL is a lot stronger now than when Liverpool won it in 2005, taking nothing away from their achievement) and might even have a very rare tilt at the League. 

The only variable is, as Devil said, the league is much stronger. Since United last won the league, Leicester, Spurs (we're coming back, oh yes we are) and Arsenal have come and gone from the top 4. Liverpool and City have established themselves as incredible forces in the Premier League. Chelsea have rejoined the party, they always do. West Ham are looking like they might need to be taken seriously. United not finishing in the CL places will well and truly make the board sit up and pay attention - I agree that they are vultures and self-interested capitalists with no interest in the actual game, running United as Manchester United Marketing PLC while putting an inept manager in Solskjaer up as a patronizing nostalgia-wank for the...what was it?...."legacy fans" and storing bright shiny toys with an interest in shirt sales only rather than the team but they end up out of the CL, with the ESL dead, you can bet they'll react because "the business".

I doubt it'll be anyone who might actually change anything though. For all we've been criticized and Chelsea have been, the second we realized Nuno wasn't going to work out, he was gone and the mistake rectified and Chelsea remove managers without sentiment if they are not improving the side - including club legends. United, who seem to be under the delusion that this makes them look pure and morally righteous, are embarrassing themselves the longer this goes on.

Edited by Tar-Mairon

Idk if the CL is much stronger now than it was then. To get to that final we had to get passed: an absolutely stacked Juve, prime Mourinho with prime financially doped Chelsea, and an AC Milan team that was just absolutely legendary.

Nowadays I’d expect English clubs to go far in the CL just because even our relegation battling teams make more money than good sides in Spain, Germany and Italy

7 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

(although I suspect in United's case, it'll be domestic only, the CL is a lot stronger now than when Liverpool won it in 2005, taking nothing away from their achievement) 

Juve, Milan, Chelsea, Monaco, Lyon, Bayer, Real Madrid, United, and Arsenal all had class sides during that period. 75% of them I'd call elite. 

Think only Bayern, Liverpool, and City I'd label elite. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Juve, Milan, Chelsea, Monaco, Lyon, Bayer, Real Madrid, United, and Arsenal all had class sides during that period. 75% of them I'd call elite. 

Think only Bayern, Liverpool, and City I'd label elite. 

I'd consider you up there as well tbh. Might have some issues up front, but on your day I think you can beat any side in Europe.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd consider you up there as well tbh. Might have some issues up front, but on your day I think you can beat any side in Europe.

Not for me. Our success mostly down to Tuchel. Only Kante really gets in our 2004-2006 team. 

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not for me. Our success mostly down to Tuchel. Only Kante really gets in our 2004-2006 team. 

Tbf that team of 2004-2006 is a team that'll go down in history - it's an actual world class team. They'd probably be for you what the Liverpool sides of the early 80s or the Shankly era are for us - an era that'll probably be used as a measuring stick for other great Chelsea sides to come. I don't think many sides like that ever exist, there's a handful of them around the world at any given moment.

Lyon's side of the era you mentioned, while really good... I don't think comes close to that side. Similarly, I think you've got a really good squad that on it's day, and even if that's partially down to the manager (which btw, I doubt we'd be this good without Klopp), can beat pretty much anyone.

Maybe that's not "elite" but it's fucking close imo.

20 hours ago, Devil said:

Old Trafford will never ever be empty.

One thing about United, league Cup or League game. Always full.

We're not City, they can't even fill their stadium for Champions league games with a team so dominant.

Our support is huge, I've just been to Egypt and whenever I say Manchester they all love United.

That's just because you dominated for 20 years, everyone around the world supports you, our support is still more local yet .. sadly if we continue to dominate we will end up with the glory fans like you but if you continue to win nothing in time your support will drop significantly 

46 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

That's just because you dominated for 20 years, everyone around the world supports you, our support is still more local yet .. sadly if we continue to dominate we will end up with the glory fans like you but if you continue to win nothing in time your support will drop significantly 

Mate, why do you talk like we wasn't a huge club before we started winning.

Honestly we've always had a huge support it just blew up globally during the 90's.

And if you weren't aware we were the first English club to win the European Cup with Best, Law and Charlton pulling the strings. Which meant we were the first English side of note around Europe.

You've dominated for the last ten years yourself so why aren't these glory fans filling that tiny stadium of yours?

7 minutes ago, Devil said:

Mate, why do you talk like we wasn't a huge club before we started winning.

Honestly we've always had a huge support it just blew up globally during the 90's.

And if you weren't aware we were the first English club to win the European Cup with Best, Law and Charlton pulling the strings. Which meant we were the first English side of note around Europe.

You've dominated for the last ten years yourself so why aren't these glory fans filling that tiny stadium of yours?

United have always had massive, massive support ..yet City still holds the attendance record outside of Wembley when we was just an average team like you are now   ..to get the glory fans from around the world we are going to have to win a few CL's but locally i've already seen a massive increase in kids wearing City tops, not so much united anymore, your already losing the next generation of fans

29 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

United have always had massive, massive support ..yet City still holds the attendance record outside of Wembley when we was just an average team like you are now   ..to get the glory fans from around the world we are going to have to win a few CL's but locally i've already seen a massive increase in kids wearing City tops, not so much united anymore, your already losing the next generation of fans

I don't go about checking out kids to know what shirts they are wearing so I will have to take your word on that one I'm afraid mate.

• Haha 2

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Don't they play out with friends after school? :whistling:

So now your asking me to go spy on their friends?

Look mate I will take your word for it. My kids are girls, one is in Uni and the other turned 8 on Friday gone, she's more into Silvanian Families and Roller Skates than football.

I think we can both agree City's success has increased the support, no doubting that.

But your still struggling to fill that stadium. Its a fact.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

So now your asking me to go spy on their friends?

Look mate I will take your word for it. My kids are girls, one is in Uni and the other turned 8 on Friday gone, she's more into Silvanian Families and Roller Skates than football.

I think we can both agree City's success has increased the support, no doubting that.

But your still struggling to fill that stadium. Its a fact.

:4_joy: lets not derail the thread any further  ..back on topic i've never once said we sell out every game, midweeks we are notoriously bad so we agree

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

:4_joy: lets not derail the thread any further  ..back on topic i've never once said we sell out every game, midweeks we are notoriously bad so we agree

I'm glad we finally agree on something.

I'm happy to admit we are shite, so we're both getting something off our chests tonight.

• Haha 1