talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Isn't Manchester Evening News a bit shit for United news?

Bit of mixed bag to be fair, I'd say they are as likely to have information as any red top paper due to it being a local paper.

News today Lingard isn't going to sign a new deal as well, which is hardly a surprise given the game time he's been given this season.

West Ham didn't hang about posting a video of his goal last season which Lingard promptly liked and left a emoji comment. 

I'd say that deal is done myself.

5 minutes ago, Devil said:

Bit of mixed bag to be fair, I'd say they are as likely to have information as any red top paper due to it being a local paper.

News today Lingard isn't going to sign a new deal as well, which is hardly a surprise given the game time he's been given this season.

West Ham didn't hang about posting a video of his goal last season which Lingard promptly liked and left a emoji comment. 

I'd say that deal is done myself.

I think it's a bit mental United didn't sell him in the summer while his stock was probably the highest it's been in years after performing well at West Ham. Now he'll be leaving on a free when it could have been a bit more money for United to put towards the central midfield (or anywhere else that United needs fresh blood).

I think you're right, he'll probably be leaving for West Ham. Perhaps you can still get some money selling him to them in January. But I'm sure he'd prefer to leave as a free agent because he can get a nice fat sign on bonus from that.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it's a bit mental United didn't sell him in the summer while his stock was probably the highest it's been in years after performing well at West Ham. Now he'll be leaving on a free when it could have been a bit more money for United to put towards the central midfield (or anywhere else that United needs fresh blood).

I think you're right, he'll probably be leaving for West Ham. Perhaps you can still get some money selling him to them in January. But I'm sure he'd prefer to leave as a free agent because he can get a nice fat sign on bonus from that.

Both Pogba and Lingard are likely to leave United for free this summer.

In truth both are an absolute bargain for nothing, Pogba will no doubt get a move to PSG or Madrid and Lingard an up and coming West Ham.

You're spot on though, the club needed to get something for both of them in the summer, surely it's better to get something than nothing.

Lingard no doubt was promised game time like Van De Beek. Ole is basically destroying the squad with his insistence in only using about 15 players.

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Both Pogba and Lingard are likely to leave United for free this summer.

In truth both are an absolute bargain for nothing, Pogba will no doubt get a move to PSG or Madrid and Lingard an up and coming West Ham.

You're spot on though, the club needed to get something for both of them in the summer, surely it's better to get something than nothing.

Lingard no doubt was promised game time like Van De Beek. Ole is basically destroying the squad with his insistence in only using about 15 players.

As far as transfers go, Pogba's got to be right up there with one of the worst signings in the league's history, if not the actual worst signing in the league.

Came in at an absurd fee to lots of fan fare/social media excitement (#Pogback)... then didn't really help out United's midfield problems at all, now looking like he'll be leaving for nothing.

I'm gonna be honest though, I think he's clearly talented... but I don't really rate him... unless he's an addition to an already brilliant midfield (like with France or when he was at Juve). Any chance he'll #Pogback to Juve? Because they're a far cry from the side he left, so it'd be a bit funny to see him go back to massive fanfare again.

But if I were a United fan, I'd be glad to see the back of him. He doesn't work hard, he's petulant as fuck when things aren't going his way on the pitch, and I suspect Mourinho was right about his attitude in the dressing room. An expensive mistake for United, for sure... but good riddance.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

As far as transfers go, Pogba's got to be right up there with one of the worst signings in the league's history, if not the actual worst signing in the league.

Came in at an absurd fee to lots of fan fare/social media excitement (#Pogback)... then didn't really help out United's midfield problems at all, now looking like he'll be leaving for nothing.

I'm gonna be honest though, I think he's clearly talented... but I don't really rate him... unless he's an addition to an already brilliant midfield (like with France or when he was at Juve). Any chance he'll #Pogback to Juve? Because they're a far cry from the side he left, so it'd be a bit funny to see him go back to massive fanfare again.

But if I were a United fan, I'd be glad to see the back of him. He doesn't work hard, he's petulant as fuck when things aren't going his way on the pitch, and I suspect Mourinho was right about his attitude in the dressing room. An expensive mistake for United, for sure... but good riddance.

I hate the guy like I've said previously and yeah 100% agree he's been a joke of a signing and he's massively overrated.

Having said that I think he'd be a Rolls Royce in the PSG midfield alongside Verrati, Neymar, Messi and Co.

United will be far better with him gone though, just can't wait until he's gone.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Devil said:

Having said that I think he'd be a Rolls Royce in the PSG midfield alongside Verrati, Neymar, Messi and Co.

Agreed.

He really is the ultimate luxury player. Got a world class midfield/world class team already? Sure then add Pogba into the mix as the cherry on top. Need someone with the heart and desire to help a club grow into being world class? Better look elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Agreed.

He really is the ultimate luxury player. Got a world class midfield/world class team already? Sure then add Pogba into the mix as the cherry on top. Need someone with the heart and desire to help a club grow into being world class? Better look elsewhere.

Exactly that.

If you actually think back what we're we doing signing a player that had dumped us to move for free. World record fee as well.

What an absolute joke of a club we've become. We've improved our business but the Sanchez and Pogba deals in particular we're embarrassing messes.

Edited by Devil

• Subscriber

Touchline and full-time reactions show Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's time as Manchester United manager has to be over

Man United were humiliated again in a 4-1 thrashing by Watford and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was booed by some of the away end.

Every Friday, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer emphasises Manchester United have had a 'good week' in training. On the Saturday or the Sunday, one wonders what they were doing all week in training.

This is a consequence of a football club not prioritising the football. Solskjaer has been a dead duck of a manager since the Liverpool drubbing and he has been allowed to continue regardless. United have taken four points from their last 21 in the Premier League. This was another unedifying humiliation.

Bruno Fernandes lay prone on his back when Joao Pedro rammed the clincher in. Solskjaer stood motionless, his hands stuffed into his pockets. The away end was already pockmarked by empty seats. Vicarage Road rocked to "Ole's at the wheel".

Those United supporters who remained wistfully sang, 'Forever and ever'. Then a fourth went in. More turned towards the exit. The intrepid Solskjaer approached them at full-time and many booed him. Fernandes began remonstrating with some, urging them to direct their ire onto the players, and had to be pulled away by Juan Mata. Solskjaer apologetically held up his hands. That is all he could do.

FULL REPORT

I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. It’s not about spending money, that happens. It’s how it’s spent and what it’s spent on. Old Trafford is now possibly one of the worst grounds in the league for facilities. Rotting from the core to the outside. Basically just like the whole club.

I don’t want Zidane anywhere near this club. It’s obvious he doesn’t want to come and that’s the first red flag. You want someone who wants to die for the club. Ole did. He just didn’t have knowledge or skills to back it up. 

@Devil-Dick Willie described the Manchester United recruitment very well after it appeared Ronaldo wasn't the instant messiah people anticipated he would be.

Man United sign players they want. Liverpool and Man City sign players they need.

Cristiano Ronaldo prevented Pep from getting a penalty box predator that Man City's build up play craves, but from a neutral observers perspective he's effectively limited the impact of so many other influential players around him. Jason Sancho can't run behind him, Bruno's end product numbers have disintegrated and Mason Greenwood hasn't been able to produce the same shot volume before as he struggling to get in the positions for his Van Persie-esque positions to thrive. At Juventus they put up with it because of his consistent returns against mid/low table clubs but he's not even scoring against Ben Foster at the minute.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If Utd had any sense (not shown much of it in the last ten years) they would go for Poch right now. He would bin off PSG without question, and considering he only has about 18-20 months on his contract it wouldn’t cost the earth to pay for his release. Surely rather than a pointless interim, you bring him in and he has plenty of time to look at his squad ahead of next summer. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Rick said:

If Utd had any sense (not shown much of it in the last ten years) they would go for Poch right now. He would bin off PSG without question, and considering he only has about 18-20 months on his contract it wouldn’t cost the earth to pay for his release. Surely rather than a pointless interim, you bring him in and he has plenty of time to look at his squad ahead of next summer. 

I can't believe Poch would bin off PSG. That makes no sense to me at all. He gets no closer to his family, and he gives up coaching, and actually walks out on the best player of his generation and the most stacked squad in world football. Why? Will United really give him more control under the next Ed Woodward than he's getting now at PSG under Leonardo?

Not trying to hang it on United here but can't see why you leave a probable Champions league finalist to take the reigns at United.

At the weekend before Ollly crashed he was in the UK papers complaining about his chances of winning anything with a front three of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe. Said none of them close down enough.

At the time a funny article or did he know something so took a chance to criticise his employers with the Utd job in mind?

49 minutes ago, Harry said:

I can't believe Poch would bin off PSG. That makes no sense to me at all. He gets no closer to his family, and he gives up coaching, and actually walks out on the best player of his generation and the most stacked squad in world football. Why? Will United really give him more control under the next Ed Woodward than he's getting now at PSG under Leonardo?

Not trying to hang it on United here but can't see why you leave a probable Champions league finalist to take the reigns at United.

If he doesn’t win the Champions League this season, there’s a very strong possibility he gets the sack. PSG exist to win that trophy, that’s their number one focus. The league isn’t a write off but they are heavy heavy favourites, the cups wouldn’t have him keep his job. Yeah, managing Messi from the outside looking in seems great. But when you have him acting like a diva, and having more power at the club then how fun can it be really? I would hate to work with Messi & Neymar, they come across like absolute pricks.

He won’t be remembered at PSG unless he wins that first Champions League, and like we have seen time and time again, the PSG players cannot handle the big occasions. He would be insane to turn down a 4 year deal at Utd. Look at their squad, full of brilliant players who can do a whole lot better under a good manager.