talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheffield United sign Sander Berge

This one might have legs, we tried to sign him in the summer but it didn't quite materialise. Linked with West Ham & Lazio, impressed against Liverpool in the Champions League.

Sander Berge: Genk midfielder wants exit with Sheffield United keen to sign him

Genk will be keen to keep their highly-rated midfielder, but with just 18 months left on his contract, it's likely they will let him go.

The 6ft 4" holding midfielder has scored four goals in 23 league appearances for the reigning Belgian champions this season, along with six outings in the Champions League group stages.

Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7938745/Sander-Berge-talks-27m-Sheffield-United.html

Sky Sports: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11683/11919543/sheffield-united-back-in-for-genk-midfielder-sander-berge

• The title was changed to Sander Berge - Sheff Utd Strongly Linked
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the last 4 years, real life has turned into a Fifa save. What a phenomenal rate of progress, funnily enough.. the day I put down the controller was the start of the Wilder era.

So pleased we're strengthening from a position of strength, best time.. as talent like Berge know we're safe, whereas next season, we start all over again.

He looked like Genk's best player when we played them. Granted, you never know how good a player is after just watching 2 matches of him really. But if I was to guess how he'd do based off that... my guess would be I think he'll fit in nicely.

41 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Oh bollocks. 

From an FPL perspective, does this mean Lord Lundstrum will be benched?

For sure, I'd imagine Berge will be bedded in initially though.

Lundstrum tried to get clever with us over his contract situation, him and his agent asking for the world in negotiations 9_9, huge mistake now. 

• Administrator

Genk have a fantastic recent record of producing very, very good players or at least players that have made step up to top leagues...

Praet
Ndidi
Carrasco
Benteke
Trossard
De Bruyne
Courtois
Defour
Casteels
Castagne

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Genk have a fantastic recent record of producing very, very good players or at least players that have made step up to top leagues...

Praet
Ndidi
Carrasco
Benteke
Trossard
De Bruyne
Courtois
Defour
Casteels
Castagne

Koulibaly

I just watched a video of Sander Berge behind the scenes signing for Sheffield United.

Was good to see Chris Wilder actually go meet him at the hotel and bring him into the club introducing him to everyone himself, then showing him round the city on the way to the training ground. That isn't something that normally happens in the top flight.

No wonder Berge said himself, straight away he felt at home there. Very good to see. You can understand why they have a good team bond there.

On 31/01/2020 at 08:43, Stan said:

Praet
Ndidi
Carrasco
Benteke
Trossard
De Bruyne
Courtois
Defour
Casteels
Castagne

Origi

• Subscriber
On 31/01/2020 at 08:47, Vader said:

Koulibaly

On 31/01/2020 at 08:53, Stan said:

did he come from their youth? Thought they signed him young.

Think you're right but still what a club to buy from. That's a track record that stacks up against anybody.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

I just watched a video of Sander Berge behind the scenes signing for Sheffield United.

Was good to see Chris Wilder actually go meet him at the hotel and bring him into the club introducing him to everyone himself, then showing him round the city on the way to the training ground. That isn't something that normally happens in the top flight.

No wonder Berge said himself, straight away he felt at home there. Very good to see. You can understand why they have a good team bond there.

I cant see how he would instantly feel at home being shown around Sheffield. I now live 7 miles from Sheff and I can confirm it's one big massive shithole. 

Some parts of South Yorkshire are mint. Sheffield though O.o

43 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I cant see how he would instantly feel at home being shown around Sheffield. I now live 7 miles from Sheff and I can confirm it's one big massive shithole. 

Some parts of South Yorkshire are mint. Sheffield though O.o

You're joking right?, not sure what quantifies a 'shithole' to you and what parameters of Sheffield we're talking about here but it is the 4th biggest city in England, so obviously with such land mass you're gonna get shit parts & 'estates'. Sheffield is now mostly a multi-millionaires play thing for the chinese, money everywhere, new china town being built next to the stadium, new accomodation and towers popping up all the time, new city centre, re-developed totally in the space of 2 years with The Moor project. Sheffield is the greenest city in England too, more trees than any city in europe.

Oh, and the best nightlife in the uk hands down, plus.. a premier league team to boot B|

2 minutes ago, DNA said:

You're joking right?, no sure what quantifies a 'shithole' to you and what parameters of Sheffield we're talking about here but it is the 4th biggest city in England, so obviously with such land mass you're gonna get shit parts & 'estates'. Sheffield is now mostly a multi-millionaires play thing for the chinese, money everywhere, new china town being built next to the stadium, new accomodation and towers popping up all the time, new city centre, re-developed totally in the space of 2 years with The Moor project. Sheffield is the greenest city in England too, more trees than any city in europe.

Oh, and the best nightlife in the uk hands down, plus.. a premier league team to boot B|

I've heard La Shambre in Sheff is a good night :D

Archived