• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Düsseldorf Sack Funkel - Uwe Rösler Takes Over

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Düsseldorf Sack Funkel - Uwe Rösler Takes Over
30 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

That was quite quick not even a day after Funkel was sacked- Düsseldorf already announce his successor. @Tommy, what's your view wiith regards of Uwe Rösler's appointment? Would you have preferred a coach with experience in the Buli or at least German leagues?

To be honest I can't rate Rösler at all, as I haven't followed his coaching career. But I thought that Pfannenstiel would use his old Hoffenheim contacts, if we ever need a new coach. Like a young up and coming Nagelsmann-type. So I find the Rösler situation a little odd. 

I'll miss Friedhelm Funkel though. To me he was the face of Fortuna Düsseldorf, a local man who was the perfect fit for the club. Big shame to see him go. 

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd have preferred @Tommy to take over in all honesty. 

We'd get some decent photographs from the stadium if nothing else xD 

Is Rösler that bad? :(

Can anyone tell me something about him? I don't know anything about him as a coach/manager. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Is Rösler that bad? :(

Can anyone tell me something about him? I don't know anything about him as a coach/manager. 

@Danny, @Lucas & @Jacko might be able to as he was at Brentford & Leeds. Brentford moreso as he was there longer. 

I had very little contact with players at Leeds during the short time he was there, but if there are any Man City fans around, perhaps they would be better advising on the man as his time there was more than special.  His illness and recovery - even naming his two sons after City 'legends' - one has the same name as the main fan stand at City - and that was probably his best time there.  If he can relate to the Fortuna fans in the same way as he did at City, then things could be great although his managerial career is very up and down. Start from a blank sheet and be not quick to judge too soon - as the song says - the only way is up! I'm sure both Tommy and I are still smarting a little after this weekend, but.....:dam:

I think Fortuna wouldn't have found another coach that brought them back to the Bundesliga and kept them there with those players and the financial limitations.

I don't expect Rösler to save them. Not because I think he's a bad coach (can't really judge him) but because the team is designed to play the way of football that is typical for Funkel. Also it is obviously not the best when it comes to individual quality. But we'll see.

That discussion about that "coach of the year"  announcement is bullshit though. First of all it's not the most important award of the world and next to that it's not their fault that this decision was made one day earlier. Were they supposed to completely ignore it and write nothing about it?

https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball/fortuna/fortuna-duesseldorf-friedhelm-funkel-schreibt-brief-zum-abschied-an-fans_aid-48668725

„Liebe Fortuna Fans,
Es ist mir ein großes Bedürfnis und liegt mir sehr am Herzen, mich bei euch persönlich zu bedanken. Ihr habt die Mannschaft und mich von Beginn an meiner Trainertätigkeit bei Fortuna in einer Art und Weise unterstützt, wie ich es so noch nie zuvor erlebt habe. Euer Anteil daran, dass wir heute in der 1. Bundesliga sind und in den letzten Jahren so erfolgreich waren, ist riesengroß.

Wie ihr uns, auch wenn es wie jetzt gerade mal nicht so lief, unterstützt habt, ist einzig­artig. Ihr habt ein wahnsinniges Gespür dafür, wann die Mannschaft euch braucht und seid bereit, das in jeder Situation zu geben. Macht weiter so. Ich persönlich habe noch nie so einen Zuspruch wie von euch erlebt: In den Spielen, im Januar 2019 und auch jetzt. Euch und meinem Team habe ich eine unglaublich geile Zeit zu verdanken. Ich werde immer einer von euch bleiben und die Fortuna im Herzen tragen.

Euer Friedhelm“

:57_cry:

Archived