talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paco Alcacer - To Sign For Villarreal

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.193ad559d521e6bfa44ca79bf7e8b38b.png

Newcastle United could be involved in some late January transfer window business as they are reportedly pursuing a deal to sign Borussia Dortmund’s Paco Alcacer.

The Spanish forward is set to leave the German club after losing his place in the team due to new signing Erling Haaland’s incredible form. (madaboutepl)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

According to Bild the deal is done. Transferfee: € 25mio, which is a joke really.

Barcelona should have bought him back. He's better than any other of these shite players who have been linked for far higher fees.

He never got enough chances originally, due to obvious reasons; Suarez was number 1 in that role, although when he did play, he never did badly at all and if given a proper run in the side, would do a job.

I'm also surprised Sevilla weren't in for him. They have about 5 strikers but all of them are shit and don't score goals. He's just what they are lacking really.

8 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

According to Bild the deal is done. Transferfee: € 25mio, which is a joke really.

I don't understand why Alcacer is so underrated. Barcelona sold him to Dortmund for only € 21 million and now Dortmund are selling him for just € 25 million. Ok so Dortmund have made a profit of about € 4 million by selling Alcacer, but that isn't the point, because Alcacer is worth at least € 30 million in my view. His goal to appearance ratio is excellent, both at club level and for the Spanish national team. 

Fair enough he wouldn't of got much playing time with Haaland having joined Dortmund, but Dortmund could of sold him for a lot higher than they just have. I am sure that Alcacer will flourish at Villarreal and be amongst the top scorers in the La Liga once again. He is an excellent goal getter and he takes the chances that come his way. Villarreal have done well to sign a player of Alcacer's quality.

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Barcelona should have bought him back. He's better than any other of these shite players who have been linked for far higher fees.

He never got enough chances originally, due to obvious reasons; Suarez was number 1 in that role, although when he did play, he never did badly at all and if given a proper run in the side, would do a job.

I'm also surprised Sevilla weren't in for him. They have about 5 strikers but all of them are shit and don't score goals. He's just what they are lacking really.

I can't think of a better Spanish goalscorer than Alcacer right now, can you? Yes, indeed it was only the fact that Barca had world class players like Messi, Suarez and Neymar when Alcacer was there, that he didn't get enough chances at Barca. Even then, he did score 10 league goals at his time at Barca, despite not getting too much playing time. He was mainly used as a late substitute off the bench when he did play. I would be delighted if I was a Villarreal fan right now, because they have arguably signed Spain's best out and out striker.

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

I can't think of a better Spanish goalscorer than Alcacer right now, can you? Yes, indeed it was only the fact that Barca had world class players like Messi, Suarez and Neymar when Alcacer was there, that he didn't get enough chances at Barca. Even then, he did score 10 league goals at his time at Barca, despite not getting too much playing time. He was mainly used as a late substitute off the bench when he did play. I would be delighted if I was a Villarreal fan right now, because they have arguably signed Spain's best out and out striker.

Right now, he'd be in that team with Messi and Griezmann as Ansu Fati is too young and raw to be starting every week yet(and this could ruin his development), so it would have made sense. I don't think he would have had qualms in returning either as he must be aware of Suarez' injury.

Another Spanish club who I'm surprised weren't in for him are Atletico, although I'm not sure he'd have worked well for them. He's actually suited to Barcelona though and would have also been very suited to Sevilla. Not that Villarreal are a bad club, but the other 2 are ones capable of winning trophies. In saying that, I think he will thrive at Villarreal still.

2 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Transfermarkt says he cost € 23mio. Daylight robbery.

As Victor Meldrew used to say, "I don't believe it!" 

These big clubs like Dortmund and Barcelona are supposed to be run by the most astute and the most qualified businessmen, yet they have both clearly sold Alcacer under his rightful market value. Dortmund want to sell Alcacer mainly to fund the signing of Emre Can. Fair enough, Emre Can is a decent midfielder, but he is on huge wages. There are many better value midfield alternatives to Can out there in my opinion. But hey ho, they have decided to sell one of their quality strikers under his actual transfer value and they want to bring in a midfielder who is demanding huge wages.

I thought that Dortmund did great to sign Haaland, but I am not so impressed by the Alcacer and Emre Can deals.

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Right now, he'd be in that team with Messi and Griezmann as Ansu Fati is too young and raw to be starting every week yet(and this could ruin his development), so it would have made sense. I don't think he would have had qualms in returning either as he must be aware of Suarez' injury.

Another Spanish club who I'm surprised weren't in for him are Atletico, although I'm not sure he'd have worked well for them. He's actually suited to Barcelona though and would have also been very suited to Sevilla. Not that Villarreal are a bad club, but the other 2 are ones capable of winning trophies. In saying that, I think he will thrive at Villarreal still.

You are probably right and at this moment in time, I think that Barcelona would of been the ideal club for Alcacer. He would be in the thick of the goals scoring action at Barcelona. Moreover, at such an offensive and strong side like Barca, he would surely shine as a striker if he was given game time. As you said, with Suarez's injury, Alcacer would surely be a starter at Barcelona and Barca would be a great platform for him to secure his place once again as a first choice starter in the Spanish national team.

I really don't understand why Alcacer is so underrated. He is such a clinical striker in front of goal.

• The topic was locked

Archived