talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Richarlison - £85m Bid From Barcelona Rejected

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Who will be first with the "yeah I might only watch Everton in the background on Super Sunday once a month but I know better than Everton fans and the professionals working in recruitment at Barcelona enough to say that this is a ridiculous bid and Barcelona are stupid for offering it and Everton are stupid for turning it down"?

I imagine there'll be quite the queue but hopefully my early intervention inspires a few of them to think twice before jumping at the opportunity.

Like you said @RandoEFC if your club had recent form of good investment in the first team then you probs would snatch the money out of Barca’s hand. But that money will just go to waste. 

Everton would be silly to sell him, he’s one of their few bright sparks. 

• The title was changed to Richarlison - £85m Bid From Barcelona Rejected
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Like you said @RandoEFC if your club had recent form of good investment in the first team then you probs would snatch the money out of Barca’s hand.

Nope, not even tempted, wouldn't even blink. I think you misunderstood my post.

The lad would be an asset to any team in the world and to us he's priceless.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Like you said @RandoEFC if your club had recent form of good investment in the first team then you probs would snatch the money out of Barca’s hand. But that money will just go to waste. 

Everton would be silly to sell him, he’s one of their few bright sparks. 

I don't think he said that.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Nope, not even tempted, wouldn't even blink. I think you misunderstood my post.

The lad would be an asset to any team in the world and to us he's priceless.

What sort of price would you be looking at then? I find it strange you wouldn't take that even if your recruitment had been much better over the last few years. A trusted recruitment team could do a lot with that

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

What sort of price would you be looking at then? I find it strange you wouldn't take that even if your recruitment had been much better over the last few years. A trusted recruitment team could do a lot with that

I'd be looking for ridiculous money, like literally stupid £150m region before I was even thinking about it. He's priceless and irreplaceable to us and we already have the money to address the other weaknesses in the squad when the right targets are available. I'm not saying his market value is anything like £150m but there's more to it than that. Losing our best player sets us back more than any realistic sum of money can counteract.

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Who will be first with the "yeah I might only watch Everton in the background on Super Sunday once a month but I know better than Everton fans and the professionals working in recruitment at Barcelona enough to say that this is a ridiculous bid and Barcelona are stupid for offering it and Everton are stupid for turning it down"?

I imagine there'll be quite the queue but hopefully my early intervention inspires a few of them to think twice before jumping at the opportunity.

To be fair with 2 days left in this window it gives you no time to replace. I just can't believe Barca have attempted to buy a player for that much just because Suarez went down injured. 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I can think of one member xD

15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Stinks of shit and Sky making stuff up, to be honest. 

I’m not having it that Barca have €100m to sign anyone, they’ve spent the window trying to offload fringe players, it doesn’t come across as the moves of a club with money to burn. 

Might not be far wrong

I’m so sceptical about Sky Sports News and SkyBet. I’ve said it before on here but it really wouldn’t surprise me if they made stuff up to get mug punters staking a load of money on “Player A moving to Team B”, they then suspend betting and then sit back and wait for it to all blow over. 

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m so sceptical about Sky Sports News and SkyBet. I’ve said it before on here but it really wouldn’t surprise me if they made stuff up to get mug punters staking a load of money on “Player A moving to Team B”, they then suspend betting and then sit back and wait for it to all blow over. 

It stinks that it's never been properly looked into.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

I don't think Sky owns SkyBet anymore (weirdly) - or if they do, they've got minority stake. But I'm certain that happens and it's so dodgy - should really be looked into tbh. But people who own media companies usually have friends in high places, so I doubt it'll ever be looked at.

Archived