talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Burnley 0-0 Arsenal - Sunday 2nd February, 2020

football forum

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

downloadfile-2.thumb.jpg.c1d423ac1a6e7c3226643ed86955e426.jpg

Look where Ben Foster ends up for our first goal yesterday. What a shite keeper, he must have really short arms and we should definitely spend two pages of the thread arguing about whether this makes him a liab... hang on two seconds, I've just noticed there's a memo for me in the post that's just arrived late. Oh I see, this is only a point of discussion for certain goalkeepers and/or if it fits certain agendas. As you were.

I think Foster’s bang average tbh. Dunno if he’s also got t-rex arms too though.

It’s easier to laugh at Pickford though because he seems like a big of an egotistical twat (the whole “I won’t blunder like Alisson” thing with his blunder right after, constantly getting wound up by Newcastle fans). Granted I think some of the shit, like the Newcastle fans chanting about his girlfriend was a bit too much for a football player to deal with - I think S.O.’s should be off limits unless they’re Posh Spice, then it’s fine :ph34r:

Meanwhile it’s harder for me to have a pop at Watford, despite being ex-Man Utd. I like that he gets shirts from players that have just scored on him, gets them to sign the shirt, and auctions off the shirts and gives the money to youth charities in Watford. I also like the way he carries himself in interviews & on social media - he doesn’t seem like a man who takes himself too seriously and can have a laugh at himself.

And lastly, I’m a Liverpool fan and Newcastle fans have given us that amazing song about his little arms so I’m obviously going to be more likely to have a laugh at his expense.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t believe that didn’t cross the line. Arsenal pretty fucking fortunate there.

I think matches like this are bad for Arsenal fans. But good for Arteta because this match sort of perfectly demonstrates where Arsenal need to improve.

Don't know how Rodriguez didn’t score though.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Much of this Arsenal side look like they don't have the fitness for 90 minutes at Premier League intensity. Basic stuff.

After Arteta’s first or second match under Arteta he basically admitted as much - that they can’t play the way Arteta wants them to play for 90 minutes without improving their fitness.

Which I think is a bit damning of Unai Emery’s coaching tbh.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

After Arteta’s first or second match under Arteta he basically admitted as much - that they can’t play the way Arteta wants them to play for 90 minutes without improving their fitness.

Which I think is a bit damning of Unai Emery’s coaching tbh.

Nothing to do with Emery's coaching, 100% on these fucking shit players we have. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think it goes deeper than Emery though he can't be exonerated either.

He was in no way blameless and there was obviously things he got badly wrong, but the bloke has been gone 2 months and we have won 2 league games in that time. Not saying sacking was the wrong thing to do, but clearly he wasn't the biggest issue whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Nothing to do with Emery's coaching, 100% on these fucking shit players we have. 

He’s still in charge of their fitness regimes. Players not lasting 90 minutes of premier league intensity goes beyond lazy dickhead players. It comes from players not being conditioned for 90 minutes of football that intense.

I understand Emery didn’t ask for as much off the ball movement as Arteta. But I think the way Emery had you play against us earlier this season was strange... and after David Luiz made that comment I thought “oh they played like that because otherwise they’d physically be able to defend for the second half.”

I think that’s criminal in a league like ours.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

He was in no way blameless and there was obviously things he got badly wrong, but the bloke has been gone 2 months and we have won 2 league games in that time. Not saying sacking was the wrong thing to do, but clearly he wasn't the biggest issue whatsoever. 

No but when you've been coach for over a year including two pre seasons it's your responsibility above anyone else's to make sure your first team squad is fit enough. It's the players' responsibility as well big time, you shouldn't be an elite athlete if you need the coach to make sure you get and stay fit enough to ply your trade. But the manager above all.

2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Yeah I don’t think he’s in any way the biggest reason Arsenal are in the state they’re in. This is years of mismanagement above the manager culminating in an unbalanced side that is hard for any manager to put out a side that can consistently play the way we’d all expect Arsenal, one of the biggest sides in the country, to play.

I just think Emery, at least in his first job in England, was definitely not the man to help Arsenal get their car out of the ditch they’ve driven it into.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

No but when you've been coach for over a year including two pre seasons it's your responsibility above anyone else's to make sure your first team squad is fit enough. It's the players' responsibility as well big time, you shouldn't be an elite athlete if you need the coach to make sure you get and stay fit enough to ply your trade. But the manager above all.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I don’t think he’s in any way the biggest reason Arsenal are in the state they’re in. This is years of mismanagement above the manager culminating in an unbalanced side that is hard for any manager to put out a side that can consistently play the way we’d all expect Arsenal, one of the biggest sides in the country, to play.

I just think Emery, at least in his first job in England, was definitely not the man to help Arsenal get their car out of the ditch they’ve driven it into.

I understand what you're both saying, but I just don't believe these players have the conditioning for Arteta’s style because it doesn't suit them. We don't have a very athletic team so it's no wonder they blow out their arses so quick, Arteta has been here a month and we haven't really showed any improvement in that department. 

13 draws for Arsenal in 25 games. That's nearly 50% of games have been drawn. Staggering.

Also can't believe they have only scored 32 goals. Really?

Arsenal. 25 games. 32 goals. 13 draws. Honestly am so shocked when I see that. No wonder they are miles off.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Ozil dragged finally, just get that massive bum Lacazette off and we might be going somewhere. 

Lacazette needs to be shifted surely? Summer move away?

Really flattered to deceive and I wouldn't even say he's flattered at all this season. 

Seems to be holding you back amongst other players but he stands out like a sore thumb. 3 goals all season and he's only played a handful of games...

28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

13 draws for Arsenal in 25 games. That's nearly 50% of games have been drawn. Staggering.

Also can't believe they have only scored 32 goals. Really?

Arsenal. 25 games. 32 goals. 13 draws. Honestly am so shocked when I see that. No wonder they are miles off.

52% of our league games have been draws to be exact. What's the record? Maybe we can claim it.

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Lacazette needs to be shifted surely? Summer move away?

Really flattered to deceive and I wouldn't even say he's flattered at all this season. 

Seems to be holding you back amongst other players but he stands out like a sore thumb. 3 goals all season and he's only played a handful of games...

Most overrated player I've ever seen for us. Never worth £50m, was never an upgrade on Giroud. Not a bad player but he causes more issues rather than solve problems. I'd sell him even if we lose Aubameyang this summer as well. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

52% of our league games have been draws to be exact. What's the record? Maybe we can claim it.

17 draws in a 38 game season is the record - Newcastle, Villa & Sunderland previous record holders. 

It's really not inconceivable that Arsenal could get 5 more draws out of 13 games remaining to break that record...

• Subscriber

Lacazette is proper average isn't he. Very over-rated by neutrals I think. Aubameyang is very good (although not without flaws himself) but Lacazette is just... meh, OK but there's so much better.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Really? I don't think it's a sure thing. 

Burnley could sneak a win. 

You can never bank in standalone for anything but a fixture with a history like that (11 straight wins in a row) they were primed for a response.

But lesson learned. They can always find a way not to do so. Arteta was the wrong man for the job. He's going to try and fix the football when it's the mentality that's the problem.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived