talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 1st February, 2020

football forum

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

2nd handball in a week we've not been given. Rudiger knows clearly what he's doing here and this is deliberate, for me.

Not a pen for me. I watched it with three others. Two of us said no penalty and the other two said penalty

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Not a pen for me. I watched it with three others. Two of us said no penalty and the other two said penalty

What's his hand doing there?

It doesn't look like a 'natural position to me...

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's his hand doing there?

It doesn't look like a 'natural position to me...

I think it is. It goes from being out to his right to behind his back. If the ball goes in front of him and his hand is out then it's very possible it's a penalty. But that isn't for me. I think he's anticipating it going in front of him

I've always rated Jordan Henderson even when others thought he was shite. Now, surrounded with great players, in a great team, with a great manager, he is proving just what a colossus he really is. 

If he doesn't captain England in the Euro's (even if Kane is fit) then its scandalous. 

What a player.

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've always rated Jordan Henderson even when others thought he was shite. Now, surrounded with great players, in a great team, with a great manager, he is proving just what a colossus he really is. 

If he doesn't captain England in the Euro's (even if Kane is fit) then its scandalous. 

What a player.

There was a point after Gerrard left and Henderson took over the captaincy where he was trying too hard and wasn't playing his natural game. That doesn't mean those of us who were critical of him at that time were wrong. There were times when he was extremely frustrating to watch.

He's improved massively from Klopp's first full season really. Took it up another level last season and then another level again since he lifted that first trophy. 

He's a proper Liverpool captain now and I agree, what a player.

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

There was a point after Gerrard left and Henderson took over the captaincy where he was trying too hard and wasn't playing his natural game. That doesn't mean those of us who were critical of him at that time were wrong. There were times when he was extremely frustrating to watch.

He's improved massively from Klopp's first full season really. Took it up another level last season and then another level again since he lifted that first trophy. 

He's a proper Liverpool captain now and I agree, what a player.

I wasnt referring to anyones comments on here btw, more the vile shite Henderson used to get from our own fans on social media.

Proper having their words stuffed down their throats now though.

26 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Ahh, great this

I dont know if I've ever seen a club/team so 'together' in 43 years of watching football. 

Klopp there with Ings was emotional. 

We are going to wipe out the world :D

Bring on City at the Ethiad. 

5 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Beautiful to see, Who knows how his career at Liverpool would have worked out if it weren't for the injuries. At least he scored a winner in the derby.

Klopp went on record saying letting Ings go was one of the hardest decions hes ever had to make in football.

He said he was a top man, a top professional but that his career came first. Klopp given the choice would have kept him all day long. 

Real fucking shame that he couldn’t get going with us, he’s clearly an excellent striker. Can’t fault the guy, gave his all and clearly he still means the world to his ex teammates and manager. Top lad, got a lot of time for him. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Beautiful to see, Who knows how his career at Liverpool would have worked out if it weren't for the injuries. At least he scored a winner in the derby.

Did he? The only goal I remember was in a 1-1 draw at Goodison.

Even 12 year olds that play for Liverpool manage to score winners in derbies though so even if he did it's not much of an achievement :ph34r:.

• Subscriber

I can't see West Ham surviving this. This run is going to sink them. They had to beat Brighton and they were all accounts lucky to draw, from 3-1 up.

They're a knackered side. They're going.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I can't see West Ham surviving this. This run is going to sink them. They had to beat Brighton and they were all accounts lucky to draw, from 3-1 up.

They're a knackered side. They're going.

Just seen their next 7 on MOTD. I don't think you'd back them to win any of those at this point

• Administrator

Yeah West Ham are fucked. This was a winnable game for them but you can tell the mentality of the side when they lose a 2 goal lead and can't win at home after scoring 3 goals. They're probably mentally shot all round. Bowen will be back in the Championship next season. 

Shocking performance from us, very fortunate to come away with the point and that's one Norwich might look back on at the end of the season.

I have genuinely got no idea how we are sat on 31 points. We are so poor, but tough to beat and that can carry you a long way in the bottom half, not many good teams about.

Archived