HT

Chance

Chance

Goal. Wigan 1-0.

Chance

Chance

Chance

FT

We are psychologically scarred. It's going to happen again isn't it.

Get fucked Leeds. Really, get fucked.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Top 6 is so close at the moment, absolutely nail biting 

Was just about to mention this. Top 2 being inconsistent opens it up a little.

image.png

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Leeds are blatantly chucking this again aren't they.

The only good thing for them is that their poor run of form comes now and not in a month or two, they’ve still got plenty of time to put a run together 

Feel like we are letting a lot of the country down at the moment.

For all the Leeds 'haters' I've never known so many fans of others wanting us to come back up.

Tell you the truth, it feels bloody weird. But all the more frustrating.

To chuck away last season twice in the manner we did, and then if we replicate that again this year will finish me off I think.

It's not enjoyable at all, it's an ordeal.

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Interesting stats, less not taking chances and more good enough chances not being created @Lucas

That is misleading and incorrect though. We have hit the woodwork, missed from two yards out, missed from 6 yards out. Guilt edged chances. Anyone that watches us will tell you this. Same against Millwall, QPR, Sheff Wed etc.

Just because the keeper doesn't make a full stretch save doesn't mean we haven't created. We should have been walking in 2-0 up.

What I would say though is there is a predictability to our play. We do not have enough variety. We use the wings so much yet we never score from crosses.

We don't have the option to go direct where as you have someone like Watkins or Fulham have Mitrovic who are big dangers in the air.

The chances we create is why our expected goals is always so high.

This is the stat that tells the story for me

IMG-20200202-WA0001.thumb.jpg.cd9b582afd4abfd6e3cd225714156199.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That is misleading and incorrect though. We have hit the woodwork, missed from two yards out, missed from 6 yards out. Guilt edged chances. Anyone that watches us will tell you this. Same against Millwall, QPR, Sheff Wed etc.

Just because the keeper doesn't make a full stretch save doesn't mean we haven't created. We should have been walking in 2-0 up.

What I would say though is there is a predictability to our play. We do not have enough variety. We use the wings so much yet we never score from crosses.

We don't have the option to go direct where as you have someone like Watkins or Fulham have Mitrovic who are big dangers in the air.

The chances we create is why our expected goals is always so high.

This is the stat that tells the story for me

IMG-20200202-WA0001.thumb.jpg.cd9b582afd4abfd6e3cd225714156199.jpg

Yeah I thought they maybe a bit misleading but interesting to get your take, strange Bamford has been so wasteful yet Nketiah was called back by Arsenal due to lack of game-time

I know it's sacrilege to talk ill of His Holiness Marcelo Bielsa but I've seen some stuff on Twitter (not the best place for a balanced fans view...) about making the same mistakes regarding poor tactics/selection, what'd you think?

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Yeah I thought they maybe a bit misleading but interesting to get your take, strange Bamford has been so wasteful yet Nketiah was called back by Arsenal due to lack of game-time

I know it's sacrilege to talk ill of His Holiness Marcelo Bielsa but I've seen some stuff on Twitter (not the best place for a balanced fans view...) about making the same mistakes regarding poor tactics/selection, what'd you think?

Fair's fair, whilst Bielsa has been an absolute revelation for us, and we'd be nowhere near where we were last season and this without him, he is very particular with details to the point his stubbornness is threatening to bite us in the ass.

Too much loyalty for me shown to certain players. Especially Kiko Casilla and Patrick Bamford. Kiko has made some crazy mistakes including yesterday and deserves to be dropped now. Bamford has missed so many chances, for me, I don't see how he manages to continually start. He 'works' hard maybe, but strikers have to score goals.

And take yesterday for example. We desperately needed two players in for our wafer thin squad. We sign Poveda and Augustin this week. Great.

We are losing at home to Wigan. Poveda doesn't even get brought on. Augustin isn't even on the bench. Marcelo's belief is they only go in when they are up to speed with how we play but we don't have time?! They are not alien to the game of football.

We could have done with chucking Augustin on yesterday in the last 20mins but we couldn't. You look around this weekend and see a load of examples of new players scoring for their clubs after moving this week.

Then you see that we use width so many times, get loads of corners and yet the stats for us scoring from crosses are ridiculously low. We have no one tall so why cross it? 

Worse still, we concede from too many set pieces/crosses. And it never changes. Same again yesterday.

Here's a great stat. Swansea, Sheff Wed and Wigan this season. Total of 53 shots, zero goals. 3 defeats, no points.

For me, that is typical of us. If we could score goals, we'd be frightening and that's what bothers me. We play great football, we are a good team, we seemingly have it in our hands and we just beat ourselves.

It's frustrating. The fans are worries to think we'll blow it again and who can blame them to think that.

But Marcelo is Marcelo, and we back him to the end whatever it may be.

I agree with Lucas. There's a certain level of "if I keep playing these players, they'll eventually come good". I've mentioned my frustration about Bamford already but for me, if he actually could actually take his chances and use his brain more, focus on being less of a cock womble to oppositions and their fans and generally work a little harder in his role, he would be on a lot more goals and obliterating this league in terms of goals. He's got 10+ goals now from being the most wasteful striker in the division - imagine what he would be like if he actually hit the target!

Frustrating times for us once again but at least we are still up there with the rest. It's going to be a squeaky bum couple of months but I hope we realise soon that we need to buck our ideas up!  

• Subscriber

Not a bad result for Grimsby. 2-2 against one of our bogey teams. You can genuinely see the improvement each game with our team which is encouraging but we need to find a way to see out matches with a win.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Lucas said:

And take yesterday for example. We desperately needed two players in for our wafer thin squad. We sign Poveda and Augustin this week. Great.

We are losing at home to Wigan. Poveda doesn't even get brought on. Augustin isn't even on the bench. Marcelo's belief is they only go in when they are up to speed with how we play but we don't have time?! They are not alien to the game of football.

We could have done with chucking Augustin on yesterday in the last 20mins but we couldn't. You look around this weekend and see a load of examples of new players scoring for their clubs after moving this week.

This is exactly what Pochettino used to do (can tell who his mentor was) and it drove me crazy.

Mourinho is not afraid to chuck them straight in and look at the benefit it had to us at the weekend.

• Subscriber

Surely there's is no better chance to get Augustin up to speed with Leeds' play by actually having him playing in a game - when you're losing the game as well it's not like there's a massive risk being taken either. To me that's just over-complicating things.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Storts said:

This is exactly what Pochettino used to do (can tell who his mentor was) and it drove me crazy.

Mourinho is not afraid to chuck them straight in and look at the benefit it had to us at the weekend.

Firmly believe that in some cases you have to throw players in at the deep end. Takes a ballsy manager but sometimes it can pay dividends, and quickly.

3 hours ago, Storts said:

Yeah it's infuriating. I get the logic. But sometimes Football doesn't work like that as you well know.

And as good a coach as you are, I think the one's that are most successful are the one's that learn from mistakes aren't afraid to admit when they are wrong, and adapt. 

Not sure Marcelo is like that so we will probably live and die by the sword. Much like Poch did.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived