talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortuna Düsseldorf sign Valon Berisha

On loan from Lazio with a clause to make the transfer permanent in the summer. 

Can anyone tell me anything about him? He used to play for RB Salzburg. @nudge your time has come. For the first and last time, I need your Austrian Football expertise. xD

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

On loan from Lazio with a clause to make the transfer permanent in the summer. 

Can anyone tell me anything about him? He used to play for RB Salzburg. @nudge your time has come. For the first and last time, I need your Austrian Football expertise. xD

If he stays fit and gets back into his best shape then he'll be a good player for you. Very hard-working, helps at the back, doesn't shy away from going into challenges but also is decent on the ball and going forward. Best as a box to box midfielder, in my opinion. That said, he barely played in the last year and is injury prone. Also can be a bit inconsistent and lose confidence, especially if he has a bad game or two. 

Gonna be honest, I've not actually seen Valon Berisha. He's a player I've had on my radar for a while though(for me personally). He seemed an interesting talent when I had heard about him, and think this move to Dusseldorf could be an interesting challenge for him. Being at Salzburg is never a bad thing.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

If he stays fit and gets back into his best shape then he'll be a good player for you. Very hard-working, helps at the back, doesn't shy away from going into challenges but also is decent on the ball and going forward. Best as a box to box midfielder, in my opinion. That said, he barely played in the last year and is injury prone. Also can be a bit inconsistent and lose confidence, especially if he has a bad game or two. 

Thank you. I was hoping he'd be more then playmaker type, because we have ZERO creativity in midfield. But luckily Stöger is back after his injury, and it sounds like Berisha could be a good counterpart to him in midfield. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Thank you. I was hoping he'd be more then playmaker type, because we have ZERO creativity in midfield. But luckily Stöger is back after his injury, and it sounds like Berisha could be a good counterpart to him in midfield. 

To be honest he's very versatile and can play more or less anywhere. Not a typical "true" playmaker but used to create tons of chances and made many assists to his name at Salzburg throughout the years. But it's more his fighting spirit and working his socks off that are stuck in my mind. Definitely a player who gives his all every time. 

Thanks! Looking forward to see him in action. I mean you can't be a bad player if teams like RB Salzburg and Lazio want you. Hopefully the worst is behind him health wise. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Thanks! Looking forward to see him in action. I mean you can't be a bad player if teams like RB Salzburg and Lazio want you. Hopefully the worst is behind him health wise. 

Oh he's definitely not a bad player. He also speaks German so will find it much easier to integrate in Düsseldorf compared to Italy. His fitness is pretty much the only worry but hopefully he'll manage to get back to his top form.

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh he's definitely not a bad player. He also speaks German so will find it much easier to integrate in Düsseldorf compared to Italy. His fitness is pretty much the only worry but hopefully he'll manage to get back to his top form.

You weren't kidding about the German. Just saw a video on youtube. Didn't expect him to be that fluent. :o 

Archived