talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matheus Cunha - RB Leipzig to Hertha Berlin

After already buying highly rated youngsters such as Krzysztof Piatek, Santiago Ascacibar and Lucas Tousart(gone back on loan to Lyon, only until the end of the season as part of the deal) this January, Hertha are after a 4th signing before the end of this month. Hertha Berlin are reported to be very close to signing RB Leipzig's talented young Brazilian forward Matheus Cunha. 

RB Leipzig are apparently willing to sell Cunha because of the plethora of quality forwards that they already have at the club, such as Timo Werner, Patrik Schick, Yussuf Poulsen, Marcel Sabitzer and Ademola Lookman. The 20 year old Cunha is a real talent himself, having scored 8 goals in 9 international appearances for the Brazilian under 23 national team, as well as scoring the Bundesliga goal of the season for the year 2019.

Remarkably, RB Leipzig are willing to sell him to Hertha Berlin for only 18 million, such is the supply of talented forwards that they already have in Leipzig. If Hertha secure this deal, it will be their 4th quality signing this January and all for a total of not more than 80 million. Hertha Berlin look like that they will become a real force in the Bundesliga in the not too distant future. 

Moreover, Piatek and Cunha look set to form a dangerous strike partnership in Germany's capital as both are real sharp shooters in front of goal. Hertha will inevitably be absolutely delighted with how their January player shopping has gone, if they do indeed secure Cunha as their 4th signing of this month.

https://bulinews.com/news/4442/report-hertha-have-reached-agreement-with-matheus-cunha

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been made official, Hertha Berlin have signed the Brazilian forward Matheus Cunha from RB Leipzig for an estimated 18 million. It looks like a great deal for Hertha, as Cunha is a quality player who is a key player in the Brazil under 23 team and who scored the Bundesliga goal of the season last year. It was only because RB Leipzig have a forward line stacked with class players, that the young Brazilian found it hard to secure a first team place on a regular basis.

At Hertha he will be given more of a chance and it should be the ideal platform for Cunha to prove his potential and his quality on a more regular basis. The signing of Cunha takes Hertha Berlin's spending this January to an estimated 76 million, after they have already bought Piatek, Ascacibar and Tousart. Not bad business at all by Hertha, who seem to be building a young squad, full of quality players.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/matheus-cunha-joins-hertha-herlin-from-rb-leipzig-9665

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/01/31/matheus-cunha-transfer-hertha-berlin-rb-leipzig

17 hours ago, nudge said:

Yes. New investor who bought 37,5% of the club shares for 125 million Euro and is investing another 100 million.

Lars Windhorst has actually increased his stake at Hertha Berlin to 49.9% by spending a further 99 million. 

Windhorst is really transforming Germany's capital club for the better. The future looks very positive for Hertha Berlin and they could become a European powerhouse club sooner rather than later, with all the investment Windhorst is piling into the club. It's all good for the Bundesliga and it will give the likes of Bayern, RB Leipzig and Dortmund more competition at the top of the table in the upcoming years.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/hertha-berlin-lars-windhorst-shares-investment-bundesliga

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Lars Windhorst has actually increased his stake at Hertha Berlin to 49.9% by spending a further 99 million. 

Windhorst is really transforming Germany's capital club for the better. The future looks very positive for Hertha Berlin and they could become a European powerhouse club sooner rather than later, with all the investment Windhorst is piling into the club. It's all good for the Bundesliga and it will give the likes of Bayern, RB Leipzig and Dortmund more competition at the top of the table in the upcoming years.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/hertha-berlin-lars-windhorst-shares-investment-bundesliga

Ah cheers, I didn't realise he bought the rest of it already.

I'm much more skeptical. One reason is my general mistrust in investors, another is his shady past in financial dealings. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ah cheers, I didn't realise he bought the rest of it already.

I'm much more skeptical. One reason is my general mistrust in investors, another is his shady past in financial dealings. 

Hmm, you may have a point, as some investors can harm certain clubs after they lose interest. However, I doubt many Hertha Berlin fans will be complaining right now. Having looked at their 4 signings this January, I have to say that I am a fan of all of them. They are also all young and they are all highly rated. Funding the signings of 4 such talented players, in the space of only 1 month is impressive and positive in my mind. I also think that we can inevitably expect similar class signings during the summer. 

Their squad is sure to transform for the better. It already looks greatly enhanced with the purchase of the four January transfer signings. I don't think anyone can say what might happen in the long term. But in the next 2 or 3 years, I think that Hertha will continue to improve their squad and be a real presence in the Bundesliga and maybe even Europe.

I am optimistic and I think that Hertha Berlin will soon start to find a lot of success on the field, if the funding from Windhorst keeps coming in. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Hmm, you may have a point, as some investors can harm certain clubs after they lose interest. However, I doubt many Hertha Berlin fans will be complaining right now. Having looked at their 4 signings this January, I have to say that I am a fan of all of them. They are also all young and they are all highly rated. Funding the signings of 4 such talented players, in the space of only 1 month is impressive and positive in my mind. I also think that we can inevitably expect similar class signings during the summer. 

Their squad is sure to transform for the better. It already looks greatly enhanced with the purchase of the four January transfer signings. I don't think anyone can say what might happen in the long term. But in the next 2 or 3 years, I think that Hertha will continue to improve their squad and be a real presence in the Bundesliga and maybe even Europe.

I am optimistic and I think that Hertha Berlin will soon start to find a lot of success on the field, if the funding from Windhorst keeps coming in. 

We'll see. I don't particularly like Hertha so don't really care about what happens to them one way or another hehe :ph34r: Their new signings have definitely been promising so far and they should be able to become self-sustainable if they continue to deal smartly in the transfer market in the future.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

We'll see. I don't particularly like Hertha so don't really care about what happens to them one way or another hehe :ph34r: Their new signings have definitely been promising so far and they should be able to become self-sustainable if they continue to deal smartly in the transfer market in the future.

Fair enough for not really liking Hertha, you sound like a real hardcore Werder fan, haha. 

Yes, I think that they have already been very smart with all 4 of their new signings. They have bought 4 young players, who all already have a lot of experience and all for very reasonable transfer fees. It's not like they have gone mad and spent 60 million or 80 million on one player, they seem to be very sensible with their acquisitions. They've bought 4 highly rated young players for less than 80 million, that's quite shrewd in my opinion.

They have essentially signed young players with real potential. With more experience and playing time at Hertha, they could form a very powerful unit. I personally think that a Piatek and Cunha front line partnership should be a real success. 

Archived