talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen sign Davie Selke on loan

It looks like Werder Bremen will beat a host of English clubs to the signing of Hertha Berlin's German forward Davie Selke. It has been reported that Newcastle United, Watford, Bournemouth, Aston Villa and Brighton had all had talks with Hertha Berlin regarding the possible purchase of Selke.

However, Selke who handed in a transfer request to Hertha after they bought Piatek, has apparently agreed a deal to join Werder Bremen, his former club. It is claimed that both Hertha Berlin and Werder have come to a deal. However, there are conflicting reports as to what the deal will entail. Sky Germany say that Werder will pay 10 million in order to buy Selke from Hertha Berlin. While both Kicker and Bild claim that the initial deal will be a loan deal until the summer of 2021. At which point Werder will be obliged to buy him for a transfer fee between 12 million and 15 million.

https://bulinews.com/news/4450/werder-bremen-are-leading-the-race-for-herthas-davie-selke

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's already official :) 

That's great news for Werder Bremen then, I really like Selke. Werder now have a young strong centre forward, who will no doubt get plenty of goals for them. He is just the centre forward that they need to be honest.

Any idea if this deal is a loan or if Werder Bremen will buy him outright this January?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

That's great news for Werder Bremen then, I really like Selke. Werder now have a young strong centre forward, who will no doubt get plenty of goals for them. He is just the centre forward that they need to be honest.

Any idea if this deal is a loan or if Werder Bremen will buy him outright this January?

I love him too and am really happy to have him back. Posted in the Werder thread already but basically I agree with you; we can definitely use someone like him upfront and I also think he and Rashica should work well together.

It's a loan deal until 2021 with a mandatory clause to buy him under certain conditions. Pretty sure it's linked to us surviving and avoiding relegation for two seasons; and the final fee probably also depends on whether we make it to EL next season or not (given we survive this one).

Just now, nudge said:

I love him too and am really happy to have him back. Posted in the Werder thread already but basically I agree with you; we can definitely use someone like him upfront and I also think he and Rashica should work well together.

It's a loan deal until 2021 with a mandatory clause to buy him under certain conditions. Pretty sure it's linked to us surviving and avoiding relegation for two seasons; and the final fee probably also depends on whether we make it to EL next season or not (given we survive this one).

Yeah, I just read it's a loan from the official website link that you posted, this is an absolutely great deal from Werder's perspective. Selke is in my opinion, another one of those underrated forwards. Even if the eventual transfer fee is 15 million, then that is still a real bargain for a player of Selke's abilities. 

Selke could be the vital signing that helps keep Werder in the Bundesliga. With quality forward players like Rashica and Selke at Werder now, I really think that they will avoid relegation.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, I just read it's a loan from the official website link that you posted, this is an absolutely great deal from Werder's perspective. Selke is in my opinion, another one of those underrated forwards. Even if the eventual transfer fee is 15 million, then that is still a real bargain for a player of Selke's abilities. 

Selke could be the vital signing that helps keep Werder in the Bundesliga. With quality forward players like Rashica and Selke at Werder now, I really think that they will avoid relegation.

What I'm reading from Bremen local press is that we have an option to buy him for 8 million € (next summer I take it) and the transfer becomes mandatory after 18 months IF we stay up this season and the season after - 15 million € is the maximum amount Hertha can earn from it including all bonuses apparently.

Worum has crashed due to overload of the servers so I can't check any potential infos there at the moment xD 

He's already training with the team and will be part of the squad for the Augsburg match tomorrow! ^_^

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Faithcore said:

Unsympathischer Typ, aber kein so schlechter Stürmer :P

Seems like a good signing for Werder. MIght be an option to play CB as well.

Er ist halt so ein Spieler den man hasst, wenn er für den Gegner spielt aber liebt, wenn er für die eigene Mannschaft alles raushaut was geht :P Also ich kann ihn wirklich gut leiden :D 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Er ist halt so ein Spieler den man hasst, wenn er für den Gegner spielt aber liebt, wenn er für die eigene Mannschaft alles raushaut was geht :P Also ich kann ihn wirklich gut leiden :D 

Nee, den würde ich auf gar keinen Fall mögen. Unsympathischer kann man ja gar nicht rüberkommen, auch außerhalb vom Platz.

Dann ist er auch noch von euch weggegangen, um zu Red Bull zu wechseln und hat damit alles bestätigt. Wie kannst du den mögen? xD

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Nee, den würde ich auf gar keinen Fall mögen. Unsympathischer kann man ja gar nicht rüberkommen, auch außerhalb vom Platz.

Dann ist er auch noch von euch weggegangen, um zu Red Bull zu wechsel und hat damit alles bestätigt. Wie kannst du den mögen? xD

Er hat damals eigentlich absolut korrekt gehandelt. Hat seinen Vertrag vorzeitig verlängert (obwohl der Transfer schon länger geplant war), um die künftige Ablöse in die Höhe zu treiben damit wir mehr Geld von RB verlangen könnten. Hat sich auch immer positiv gegenüber dem Verein geäußert, hat die Tore gegen uns nicht bejubelt und wollte auch immer zurückkehren; auch wenn er auf Gehalt verzichten müsste. Also warum sollte ich ihn nicht mögen?

Außerhalb vom Platz... naja da hab ich ehrlich gesagt keine Ahnung. Ist mir nie irgendwie negativ aufgefallen?  :what:

23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Er hat damals eigentlich absolut korrekt gehandelt. Hat seinen Vertrag vorzeitig verlängert (obwohl der Transfer schon länger geplant war), um die künftige Ablöse in die Höhe zu treiben damit wir mehr Geld von RB verlangen könnten. Hat sich auch immer positiv gegenüber dem Verein geäußert, hat die Tore gegen uns nicht bejubelt und wollte auch immer zurückkehren; auch wenn er auf Gehalt verzichten müsste. Also warum sollte ich ihn nicht mögen?

Außerhalb vom Platz... naja da hab ich ehrlich gesagt keine Ahnung. Ist mir nie irgendwie negativ aufgefallen?  :what:

Aber Red Bull? Ich bitte dich :P

Ansonsten habe ich da jetzt keinen konkreten Grund. Finde er wirkt halt von der Art sehr überheblich und einfach unsympathisch. Aber das ist ja auch nur mein Empfinden, ich hatte ja nie einen Grund mich näher mit ihm zu beschäftigen. 

Aber um nochmal auf ihn als Spieler zurückzukommen: Ich frage mich seit Jahren, warum da nicht noch mehr kommt. Er hat eigentlich alles um ein richtig guter Stürmer zu sein. Mal gucken, ob er jetzt im bekannten Umfeld den nächsten Schritt machen kann.

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Aber Red Bull? Ich bitte dich :P

Ansonsten habe ich da jetzt keinen konkreten Grund. Finde er wirkt halt von der Art sehr überheblich und einfach unsympathisch. Aber das ist ja auch nur mein Empfinden, ich hatte ja nie einen Grund mich näher mit ihm zu beschäftigen. 

Aber um nochmal auf ihn als Spieler zurückzukommen: Ich frage mich seit Jahren, warum da nicht noch mehr kommt. Er hat eigentlich alles um ein richtig guter Stürmer zu sein. Mal gucken, ob er jetzt im bekannten Umfeld den nächsten Schritt machen kann.

Was den Transfer zu Red Bull angeht:

„Ich glaube, da muss man mal einiges klarstellen“, sagte Baumann und blickte auf den Winter 2015 zurück: „Davie wollte den Verein damals nicht verlassen, sondern es war ein Notverkauf. Werder brauchte in der Phase Geld, um Lizenzierungsauflagen zu erfüllen und die Liquidität zu sichern. Es gab damals im Kader nicht so viele für den Markt attraktive Spieler. Da hat man Davie bewusst ins Schaufenster gestellt, um Geld einzunehmen."

Also man hat ihn quasi geopfert xD 

3 hours ago, nudge said:

What I'm reading from Bremen local press is that we have an option to buy him for 8 million € (next summer I take it) and the transfer becomes mandatory after 18 months IF we stay up this season and the season after - 15 million € is the maximum amount Hertha can earn from it including all bonuses apparently.

Worum has crashed due to overload of the servers so I can't check any potential infos there at the moment xD 

He's already training with the team and will be part of the squad for the Augsburg match tomorrow! ^_^

Well whatever amount Werder will have to pay, will still be a steal, as Selke is one of those quality strikers who can find the back of the net regularly, if he is given chances.  He's probably Werder's best signing since Rashica. 

Werder don't seem to have a lot of transfer funds right now, so this deal is perfect for them. I am happy for them, as I really wouldn't want a big club such as theirs relegated. Lets hope they start to attain some more positive results now for your sake and for other Werder fans.

I know we chit chat in German from time to time, but can we leave the you know, important stuff in English? Not wanting to be a party pooper, but our non-German speakers might feel excluded. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I know we chit chat in German from time to time, but can we leave the you know, important stuff in English? Not wanting to be a party pooper, but our non-German speakers might feel excluded. :ph34r:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

No worries. I will deal with it. Inga won't do that anymore. 

Archived