talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Odion Ighalo - Manchester United Looking to Sign Striker

I mean, him playing in China does make him more likely to have coronavirus than if United were signing a striker that wasn't in China.

I don't think it's racist to say this coronavirus (that's got countries and airlines stopping flights in and out of China) is from China. Because it did originate in Wuhan, which is in China.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fvcking hell any person who's died from coronavirus will realise there's no racism here and can take a joke. 

No one seriously believes Ighalo has coronavirus just cos he's in China ffs. 

That’s up there with the daftest thing posted on here and we’ve had Brian on here for years. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean, him playing in China does make him more likely to have coronavirus than if United were signing a striker that wasn't in China.

I don't think it's racist to say this coronavirus (that's got countries and airlines stopping flights in and out of China) is from China. Because it did originate in Wuhan, which is in China.

Bit racist to say he’s got it based off the fact he’s in China and nothing else. Shanghai is over 800km away from Wuhan but he’s got it, because, you know, he’s in China. 

The very definition of racism comes from somebody thinking they’re of a superior race. This hasn’t happened here. Prejudging someone to have a virus due to their geographical location isn’t racism. At all. There’s been cases in every province of a China, not just Hubei. There’s no discrimination against Ighalo and it’s clear a joke with no antagonistic content. 

I’m off the bed. Goodnight all X

I'm pretty sure it's all over China now tbh, it's also spread outside China as well.

It's more a joke about United signing a player from China at a time where the rest of the world seems pretty terrified of anyone traveling from China. Rather than a racist joke about Chinese people being disease ridden, or however that's been read into.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think Smiley Culture is more racist than all of us put together. He thinks because Ighalo is African he should be malnourished or have aids. 

Disgusting. 

Nearly as good as “Ighalo’s got coronavirus”, you ignoramus. 

Keep out of your local Chinese this weekend pal, don’t want your number 24 or your chicken soup to have been coughed on by one of those Beer Virus fellas. 

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I want to die.

Not on my watch.

No way are you getting out of the rest of this season that easy.

I'd even give up a Kidney to make sure you have to watch every United game left xD

Unbelievable really, United were so close to signing Haaland, when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer went out himself to speak to his fellow countryman Haaland about a move to United. But unfortunately for United, they missed out on signing the best teenage player in the world. Instead they have signed an ex-Watford player who has showed his lack of ambition by going to play in China when he was only 27 years of age. 

Don't get me wrong, I think that ability wise, Ighalo is a decent player. But he is more a player for a mid-table Premier League club and not a club like Man United who have much higher expectations. Imagine the improvement Haaland would of made to United's front line, unfortunately I don't think that Ighalo will have half the impact that a player like Haaland would of made. But this is typical United, they miss out on signing world beaters and eventually opt for players with much less ability.

Oh and guys, lets not be racist towards the Chinese, the Africans or Indians or Middle Easterners or any other group of people. That's low level stuff, lets rise above that and just enjoy this beautiful game we call football.

On 01/02/2020 at 05:40, Carnivore Chris said:

If this virus came from Germany, United were about to sign Haaland and people made the same joke, would that be racism aswell?

That's because the only people who think there is such a thing as a German race are Adolf Hitler and a couple of the Aussie lads on here :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Gary Neville hit it on the head. :coffee:

Quote.thumb.png.e15306c3a055462978a72069066e34a7.png

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville believes the deal for Ighalo shows poor transfer planning. (Sky Sports)

Nigeria striker Odion Ighalo's agent says he spoke to Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward for a few days before the 30-year-old completed his deadline-day move. (Aftenposten, via Express) 

Ighalo was shocked by United's deadline-day move after it had appeared the deal would not be happening. (Mail)

I hate to break this to you all, but making racist jokes is still racist. Maybe not maliciously but it's still racist to say things like Ighalo has Coronavirus juat cos he is in China. 

I'm with @Smiley Culture on this one even though he had a pop at me. Honestly there's no winning when Stan and Phil team up.

Oh look, Brian with his passive aggressive digs at me and Stan when several others including Gonzo, Chris and Rick don’t see racism. But yeah, it’s us that have the agenda xD. Some people really need to look up the actual definition of racism, because this isn’t it.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Oh look, Brian with his passive aggressive digs at me and Stan when several others including Gonzo, Chris and Rick don’t see racism. But yeah, it’s us that have the agenda xD. Some people really need to look up the actual definition of racism, because this isn’t it.

I never once said what you posted was wrong because it wasn't malicious. Jokes are fine, but it's still racism I'm afraid. 

Saying Ighalo has coronavirus just because he is in China is racist, whether you like it or not. Think you're a bit blinded by your own want to always be right, as usual.

Hell, I make racist jokes all the time and I admit they are racist. I'm just careful around who.

1 minute ago, Vader said:

I never once said what you posted was wrong because it wasn't malicious. Jokes are fine, but it's still racism I'm afraid. 

Saying Ighalo has coronavirus just because he is in China is racist, whether you like it or not. Think you're a bit blinded by your own want to always be right, as usual.

Hell, I make racist jokes all the time and I admit they are racist. I'm just careful around who.

Once again, you clearly have no idea. The irony that you of all people are claiming someone is blinded by their want to be right is hilarious. Think I’m genuinely done with you. Back 3 minutes and your inherent need to argue with staff is just boring. It’s like you lost Teso and just became an even more insufferable bore. Peace out, ignore on.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Vader said:

I hate to break this to you all, but making racist jokes is still racist. Maybe not maliciously but it's still racist to say things like Ighalo has Coronavirus juat cos he is in China. 

I'm with @Smiley Culture on this one even though he had a pop at me. Honestly there's no winning when Stan and Phil team up.

Piss off. 

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Once again, you clearly have no idea. 

Funnily enough I am half and half. Smiley Culture is right that it's racism, but I also don't agree that it's malicious as I've said several times. There's a difference.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The irony that you of all people are claiming someone is blinded by their want to be right is hilarious. 

I've never seen you admit you are wrong on my 4 years on TFF and on here. Whenever someone opposes you, you get all aggresive. I had a pop at Stan but at least he's calm and doesn't resort to a low level.

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Think I’m genuinely done with you..

Good

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Back 3 minutes and your inherent need to argue with staff is just boring.

Find a quote where I "argued with the staff" on this thread. Or any other thread since I've returned. And don't manipulate the truth like you always do.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s like you lost Teso and just became an even more insufferable bore.

Maybe for you

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Peace out, ignore on.

I've got my timer on to see how long this lasts.

Phil 2 days ago

You’ve even brought Teso back into it ffs when it’s bollocks all to do with him

Phil today

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s like you lost Teso and just became an even more insufferable bore.

Hypocrite detected.

Let's see how he denies this one...

You know what the funniest thing is, I haven't thrown around one insult in the past few days. All I've done is argue my case and that's royally pissed Phil off. Mate, you complain about me being sensitive but you get all touchy if someone disagrees with you. Now that you've gone months encouraging me and Teso to not throw insults, you've done it yourself just cos you don't like my tone.

"Arguing with staff, insufferable bore" etc. Proves my point that some people can't win if it's up against someone who's been on the forum 10 years.

It's beyond embarrassing.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived