talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Odion Ighalo - Manchester United Looking to Sign Striker

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m not arsed, I’ve called a load of bigots out for their shit “banter” that’s xenophobic, if not a lazy racial stereotype against anyone from or in China. They don’t see anything wrong with they’ve done but that’s ignorant people for you, they don’t. 

To be fair, they haven't said anything wrong initially. They were just making harmless jokes, but what is funny is that they are denying the racism. This is assuming anyone from or in China has the virus. THAT IS STILL RACISM! It's a stereotype and stereotypes are still racist. 

It's harmless banter but it's still racism.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m not arsed, I’ve called a load of bigots out for their shit “banter” that’s xenophobic, if not a lazy racial stereotype against anyone from or in China. They don’t see anything wrong with they’ve done but that’s ignorant people for you, they don’t. 

I’m being serious. If you genuinely feel those posts were racist, please use the report button and @Rab, @Harvsky and @Batard can look into it.

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

What’s the point of taking the clique on? 

I’ve said my piece, I’ve moved on. 

So people that don’t agree with you are a clique? Harvey, probably the most articulate and educated poster on here is in a clique because he’s staff? Give over. Have courage in your convictions and report the offending posts. You didn’t either bother responding to my post on the last page that I thought was actually pretty well argued.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

So people that don’t agree with you are a clique? Harvey, probably the most articulate and educated poster on here is in a clique because he’s staff? Give over. Have courage in your convictions and report the offending posts. You didn’t either bother responding to my post on the last page that I thought was actually pretty well argued.

Jesus fucking christ, he's said he's moving on and you keep going.

You're so fucking sensitive. Grow a pair and move on.

No, not at all. There has been clear and identifiable protection for certain long standing members and staff members in comparison to others on the forum. Certain behaviours and posting styles have been tolerated by some but not for others. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

No, not at all. There has been clear and identifiable protection for certain long standing members and staff members in comparison to others on the forum. Certain behaviours and posting styles have been tolerated by some but not for others. 

SPOT. FUCKING. ON.

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m all ears. PM me (or not if I’m one of them) and lets get this sorted. Nothings going to change if questions aren’t answered.

I’m all ears. PM me (or not if I’m one of them) and lets get this sorted. Nothings going to change if questions aren’t answered.

I’ll do it in public. The way in which Cannabis was treated and then treatment of Marc and the other lad given a six month ban was very different. 

11 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’ll do it in public. The way in which Cannabis was treated and then treatment of Marc and the other lad given a six month ban was very different. 

The very reason Cannabis ended up leaving to be fair. He was also in a shit place and questions such as yours were asked behind the scenes leading upto him leaving the forum as a whole. Marc was consistently trolling Brian, along with Teso and was repeatedly warned about that. I’d have to go back and look at the exact posts which lead to that ban, but Marc chose not to come back, Teso did. Then Teso chose to post gun pics and veiled death threats. that’s why he was perma banned. 

As a staff base, we’re not perfect, but nobody is. This place is kept running through donations by posters and staff as well. This place literally only exists due to a relationships formed on TFF and an idea that was kept running by Rab. Without us having relationships off the forum, nothing would happen. Are we more loyal to each other? Of course we are; there will be some bias as it’s human nature and we’re not VAR robots. 

However, I’m more than happy to field questions about culture change if that’s what you and others feel are needed. The place is supposed to be fun, a place to escape and discuss. Again, I’m not afraid to speak from the heart. I’m currently expecting kid number 3, I’ve got a my 73 year old mum in palliative care in a hospice, a full time job and modding on here. I’m not looking for sympathy, never have, never will. The lads and lasses on here keep me sane through the dark hours. If I genuinely thought they were racist cunts, I wouldn’t be here. Me and you have never had an issue and still don’t in my eyes. 

If you want to continue the debate, I suggest we set it up in the comments and feedback section and stop derailing Ighalo’s world class move to United :ph34r:

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was locked

Archived