Narcos: Mexico

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, Cicero said:

Finished. Pretty good but slowed down towards the middle. Leaving it open for another season which yet again, I would not oppose. 

Definitely.

Binged watched over a day or so. Loved it, now onto watching documentaries about the real life Narco's to get my fix.

Brilliant performance by Diego Luna.

• 1 month later...

Finished watching the second season. It was alright. 

I must mention the trio of Sal, Ossie and Danilo who work under Walt. Really likeable characters. 

Next season will be chaotic, unlike this season which is good in a way. This season was too laid back and lacking twists and actions. But I wonder that what point will people get tired of it all. It's basically the same-same now.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 04/04/2020 at 12:01, IgnisExcubitor said:

I must mention the trio of Sal, Ossie and Danilo who work under Walt. Really likeable characters. 

Next season will be chaotic, unlike this season which is good in a way. This season was too laid back and lacking twists and actions. But I wonder that what point will people get tired of it all. It's basically the same-same now.

I’ll never get tired of it. It’s based on true events and stories. And I know the whole story, it got much worse after Félix Gallardo was captured and the factions all split. Thats the beginning of many wars and when El Chapo started to rise to now being known as the biggest cartel leader of all time, alongside Escobar.

On 04/04/2020 at 12:01, IgnisExcubitor said:

I get what you're saying, and whilst I wouldn't necessarily disagree, I think there's a big enough of a fanbase that have invested time into the original three Narcos series and the two Mexico one's to warrant the series continuing.

I will miss Diego Luna but Narcos has always been quite good at continually introducing the new characters to take over from the previous one's.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I get what you're saying, and whilst I wouldn't necessarily disagree, I think there's a big enough of a fanbase that have invested time into the original three Narcos series and the two Mexico one's to warrant the series continuing.

I will miss Diego Luna but Narcos has always been quite good at continually introducing the new characters to take over from the previous one's.

Felix is ready for release in a few years! Interesting...

The story only just begins there with Mexico like I said. There have been several TV shows about Guzman’s life already, but I expect them to focus on him now and he will take over Gallardo as the main character. You could carry that on for at least another 2 seasons based on his next couple of decades and numerous escapes from prison.... corruption very very very high up. So many cartel wars.... there’s so much they can do after Felix went to prison.... before El Chapo was eventually caught along with his top hitman El Cholo and extradited a couple of years ago to America. It still goes on even to this day... but that’s where his decades of reign ended. 

Sinaloa cartel are probably still one of the most powerful in the world today. 

15 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

The story only just begins there with Mexico like I said. There have been several TV shows about Guzman’s life already, but I expect them to focus on him now and he will take over Gallardo as the main character. You could carry that on for at least another 2 seasons based on his next couple of decades and numerous escapes from prison.... corruption very very very high up. So many cartel wars.... there’s so much they can do after Felix went to prison.... before El Chapo was eventually caught along with his top hitman El Cholo and extradited a couple of years ago to America. It still goes on even to this day... but that’s where his decades of reign ended. 

Oh yeah, lot's to tell yet if they want to go down that road. I suspect they will the way they ended the last one anyway.

P.S Cheers for the spoilers :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Oh yeah, lot's to tell yet if they want to go down that road. I suspect they will the way they ended the last one anyway.

P.S Cheers for the spoilers :ph34r:

xD  sorry! Always had an obsession with the cartels/mafia/cosa nostra etc etc 

@JOSHBRFC and @Lucas

I see what you guys are saying and Chapo became big (and the actor playing him is a brilliant casting), but I am kinda tried of the whole - he was poor, took on the system, became big and created an empire - narrative.

The Cali cartel was a brilliant break from that narrative. Here's hoping that the next season is a bit like that. 

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber
On 13/05/2020 at 17:08, JoshBRFC said:

Have you seen the recent prison interview with Felix? The cartels now, some of the new breed are weird. They're using cannibalism as a form of punishment and warning to rivals. Cooking and eating body parts of rivals.

• Subscriber

Watched the first 4 episodes of season 3. Very good so far, the conversations as in season 2 between lord of the skies and el pacho are really tense. I reckon if El Pacho had a chance he'd bum him really hard.

Archived