talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

[VOTE] Team of the 21st Century - CDM - Semi Finals

football forum

Choose your finalists:  

17 members have voted

1. 1. N'Golo Kante or Xabi Alonso?

2. 2. Daniele De Rossi or Claude Makelele?

• Daniele De Rossi
    • Claude Makelele

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Alonso vs Kante was a tricky one.

On one hand, Xabi Alonso played in the Premier League. On the other hand, he also played in the German Bundesliga. So it's hard to tell whether he was world class or completely overrated.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Alonso vs Kante was a tricky one.

On one hand, Xabi Alonso played in the Premier League. On the other hand, he also played in the German Bundesliga. So it's hard to tell whether he was world class or completely overrated.

Kante has more PL titles than Alonso ever has and we all know that's the clear barometer for success.

I went with Alonso. More of a CDM firstly and also think he was one of Real Madrid's better midfielders this century.

I've seen little of Makelele but I went by legacy strictly due to the fact that De Rossi is more of an advanced player.

Just now, True Blue said:

Voted for Kante and Makelele. However i think Alonso is right up there with the best even tough i didn't like him. De Rossi is lucky to be here to be fair.

I kinda regret voting for De Rossi now to be honest. As much as I praised Carrick in the last thread though I'm not sure he was warranting of top 4 either. It was a real coin toss, kind of a difficult draw that one.

Anyways, he should lose to Makelele so it doesn't matter. People only remember the winners, not the semis or the finalists.

13 hours ago, Eco said:

But...

sergio.jpg?strip=all&w=569&quality=100

Definitely a low point in his career but he grew up alot since that incident 10 years ago.

C.Ronaldo has been doing shit like this for his whole career, from his Sporting days all the way up to his Juve days, but it would be ridiculous to exempt him on the basis that he's a bellend and one of the worst play actors the sport will ever see. 

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Definitely a low point in his career but he grew up alot since that incident 10 years ago.

C.Ronaldo has been doing shit like this for his whole career, from his Sporting days all the way up to his Juve days, but it would be ridiculous to exempt him on the basis that he's a bellend and one of the worst play actors the sport will ever see. 

Oh most likely, but still, it's a bad stain. 

The difference between the Neymar/CR and Baqs, is that the former razzle and dazzle people. They are magicians with the ball, and therefore some of the more harsh criticism gets forgotten. The other point is that both Neymar and Ronaldo do the hardest thing in this sport, and that is to score, and they do it so well. 

Archived