• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2019-20 Round 6 (Eredivisie)

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Those who picked Sparta don't have a choice in the matter. That game has just been delayed until today.

Still deciding what to do about Gameweek One Part 2. I'm sure the Ajax folk are happy to be "forced" to stay with them as they have RKC Waalwijk at home. Those that picked AZ and Feyenoord might not be quite so lucky if they are forced to stick with their original pick.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Those who picked Sparta don't have a choice in the matter. That game has just been delayed until today.

Still deciding what to do about Gameweek One Part 2. I'm sure the Ajax folk are happy to be "forced" to stay with them as they have RKC Waalwijk at home. Those that picked AZ and Feyenoord might not be quite so lucky if they are forced to stick with their original pick.

Yeah it's a fair point. If Ajax were playing Feyenoord away, it'd swing the other way. Probably wouldn't be so keen xD

Happy to do whatever you decided as its your competition.

For the record, AZ have Twente and Feyenoord have Zwolle. Probably easier fixtures than them playing eachother I'd have thought so maybe on this occasion we all just stick and gives you time to think of a more definite solution if it happens again.

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek One, Part 2

Last night, Sparta's 4-2 victory over ADO Den Haag sent @Eco, @RandoEFC, @SchalkeUK and @Pyfish through to Gameweek Two along with @Azeem and @Batard. The six of you are to sit out this weekend's fixtures as the cancellations that have caused us such disruption have changed the circumstances somewhat.

Moving forwards, I have decided to give all of those who backed a team that didn't end up playing a clean slate going into this weekend. I know some of those who were eliminated and could have benefited from an easier set of fixtures this week may feel hard done by but ultimately, this is a case of shit happens and good luck and bad luck coming into play, which is an inherent part of Last Man Standing already.

If @Lucas, @nudge, @Tommy, @Bluewolf, @...Dan, @Rucksackfranzose, @Mel81x, @CaaC (John) feel honour bound to stick with their original pick for this week's fixtures then that's fine, but I will still need you to confirm your pick for the week below this post. If you all want to make some sort of mutual "gentleman's (and gentlenudge's) agreement" to do that, this is totally down to you. The eight of you need to make your pick from this weekend's fixtures however you choose to do it, and this will be treated as your Gameweek One.

Preview - Gameweek One, Part 3

Below is the table, and this weekend's set of games. Those of you that are picking, please let me know as soon as possible who you are going with. Obviously I don't have to warn you about picking the same team as last week as last week is void as far as I'm concerned.

654451732_ScreenShot2020-02-12at11_40_05.png.59b9b43f1255402ec3998f55f3ee3cc6.png

1168327613_ScreenShot2020-02-12at11_40_36.png.a51d0d6a2e0206f67dd3057e4b9cfa10.png

Good luck and fingers crossed for some better weather this weekend!

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek One, Part Three

The mess of Gameweek One has finally been brought to an end. There were no casualties this weekend.

Survivors (8)

The only person to switch their pick following last weekend's cancelled fixtures was @CaaC (John), who swapped AZ for Ajax. He joins @Lucas, @nudge, @Tommy, @Bluewolf, @...Dan and @Rucksackfranzose in celebration of Ajax's routine 3-0 win over RKC Waalwijk. @Mel81x stuck with his original pick of Feyenoord, and was rewarded, eventually, with progress to Gameweek Two, not before Feyenoord went 2-0 down at PEC Zwolle and had to rely on an 88th minute winner in a seven-goal thriller.

The eight beneficiaries of today's match join @Eco, @RandoEFC, @SchalkeUK, @Azeem, @Batard and @Pyfish in the thirteen-person roster for Gameweek Two. All of you have one point in the bag and can now read ahead for the next set of fixtures.

Preview - Gameweek Two

Below is the updated league table along with the next set of fixtures. Make your pick before next weekend and remember not to pick the same team as Gameweek One!

1006881637_ScreenShot2020-02-16at20_32_49.png.4e780879355d7cd792d071bbf5623e37.png

1131962519_ScreenShot2020-02-16at20_33_29.png.adef837317ea254425cf8902eb81bd93.png

My pick for Gameweek Two is Feyenoord. Good luck!

Archived