talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cengiz Ünder - Leicester Sign Roma Winger

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Cengiz Ünder - Leicester Set to Sign Winger On Loan
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

He is a good winger if a little inconsistent, does score but only scored worldies. I have heavily scouted him via FIFA 20.

That's okay, so do most of our fans anyway xD 

• Subscriber

I had a feeling this one would happen. Fits the sort of profile we'd go for.

I'm happy enough with this. Isn't going to cost us much this year which seems like a good thing given the situation (potentially a problem if he flops and we're forced to buy him anyway), and vitally he's exactly the kind of tactical fit I've been hoping we go for. A Salah type - left footed, right sided and direct. Obviously not saying he's Salah levels (though Roma actually did sign him to replace Salah) but he's that mould of player.

He's got to be an improvement on Perez, a much better fit in our 4-3-3 which tells me that's what'll be our plan after all.

Good work. Now lets get Fofana, and maybe a striker, and I think that'll about set us for this year.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm a lot more optimistic about this season now, recruiting in the right areas. It's what we needed to turn this year around.

Well done to Lee Congerton, or nah?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Well done to Lee Congerton, or nah?

I don't really know all the ins and outs on this particular deal, as I said on the Fofana thread, Fofana is a pick of the scouts whereas Congerton and Rodgers want Tarkowski, but I believe that Burnley pricing us out ultimately is what's forcing us to Fofana, although St Etienne are doing their best to scupper that one too.

I'll probably hear a few more things about it over the next few days, I'm sceptical of Congerton and I can't hide it, there's too much smoke without fire, but if this turns out to be a deal he initiated and Under is actually any good, then yes absolutely credit to him. In-fact I believe Castagne was a long-term target of Rodgers & Congerton and early impressions on him are good as well.

The more I think about this signing the more it makes sense. People are right to say that highlights videos only do so much but there is no way on earth you could find highlights of Perez, Gray and Albrighton and make any of them look as good as Under looks in that video.

Interesting point I heard is that Roma play a 3-4-1-2 system now and that Under has become a bit of a misfit as much as anything else. I feel like there's a rough diamond in this one. This signing is very much in the mould of Tielemans.

I'm intrigued to know what the actual financial deal is, loan with obligation to buy is essentially what PSG did with Mbappe, it's entirely based around FFP compliance, I'd prefer loan with an optional fee but I appreciate that's probably not going to be the case and I'd sooner this deal than none at all, I've seen/heard enough to think that he could be a really decent addition for us.

I want Fofana signed as well. Heard very good things.

• Subscriber

It's now being reported that the deal is actually £2.7mil to get him on loan, and then an optional fee of £25mil, rather than obligatory. That makes it a really good deal. In-fact there is next to risk at all in this for us. The only possible downsides to it are he's no good (which I think is unlikely, and even then, it's cost us peanuts), or he ends up doing that well that somebody better gets him at the end of the loan deal, but even that we have the fixed price guaranteed and he may still fancy it, but the worry is say he smashes it for us and a Manchester United like side come in for him.

It's a great bit of negotiating from Rudkin. I've become a bit sceptical of him again lately but this will ease fears. It's good work. It isn't going to cost us much at all and it's going to have him really motivated to perform.

Just want it completed now. I've got a good feeling about this one. The Turkish endorsements are encouraging. They rate him and Soyuncu as two of their best, if he's at Soyuncu's level we're in for a treat.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Dan said:

It's now being reported that the deal is actually £2.7mil to get him on loan, and then an optional fee of £25mil, rather than obligatory. That makes it a really good deal. In-fact there is next to risk at all in this for us. The only possible downsides to it are he's no good (which I think is unlikely, and even then, it's cost us peanuts), or he ends up doing that well that somebody better gets him at the end of the loan deal, but even that we have the fixed price guaranteed and he may still fancy it, but the worry is say he smashes it for us and a Manchester United like side come in for him.

It's a great bit of negotiating from Rudkin. I've become a bit sceptical of him again lately but this will ease fears. It's good work. It isn't going to cost us much at all and it's going to have him really motivated to perform.

Just want it completed now. I've got a good feeling about this one. The Turkish endorsements are encouraging. They rate him and Soyuncu as two of their best, if he's at Soyuncu's level we're in for a treat.

This is where we have to be on it and if he starts playing well consistently, snap him up before that chance for a big club coming in happens. 

£25m is a snip especially if he does play well and fit in with the squad. 

• The title was changed to Cengiz Ünder - Leicester Sign Roma Winger

Archived