Recent Form
Everton - WDDWL
Crystal Palace - LLDDL

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

So this kick-off barely 45 mins away. 

What have BT Sport chosen to talk about?

Chris Wilder at Sheff Utd in readiness for their game vs Bournemouth tomorrow. A game which BT Sport are also airing xD.

Everton and Palace must be really boring these days :ph34r:

BT's damning report on the direction that we are heading in as a football club was much needed. 

Oldest squad in the league.

No win since boxing day.

Very, very little money spent on transfers in two years.

No AWB replacement.

23 goals in all competitions. 

Top scorer has six goals.

A massive wage bill.

No comments from the owners or the board.

No academy improvements in ten years.

No news on Selhurst redevelopment which was due to be completed last month.

Relying relentlessly on one player for over 3 seasons.

Roy Hodgson stalling on new deal.

We may be two wins away from being fine, but long term, we are so screwed. Who in their right mind will buy a football club in our predicament and happily spend 100 million+ they'll never see again?

I'm very grateful for everything Steve Parish has done but serious questions have to be asked about how it's got to this.

• Subscriber

I don't think they'll do it but Everton are in the top 4 discussion now for me. Their form's been well overshadowed by two humiliating results. In a table this tight they have to be in the discussion.

Palace are a dark horse to drop at this rate.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't think they'll do it but Everton are in the top 4 discussion now for me. Their form's been well overshadowed by two humiliating results. In a table this tight they have to be in the discussion.

Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool up next. I think they may lose a couple of them, and I can't see them getting top 4 but Europa definitely doable.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dan said:

I dont know about top four. I actually don't think we've been that good. We're just reasonably solid right now and we've had some generous fixtures, and that's all you need to shoot up this very poor mid table. We could certainly finish 5th but I'd take 7th.

I haven't seen the second half but apparently Pickford made another howler. I will continue to defend his ability because the goalkeeper from his first season here where he won Player of the Year, Fans Player, Young Player etc etc and secured his place in the World Cup squad beyond all doubt is in there somewhere. His recent form hasn't been good enough though. He really could do with dropping for a bit but when the alternative is Stekelenburg, to do so would be totally braindead for us. He could certainly be dropped by England for Henderson and that might be to his benefit but I think this close to the Euros, Southgate probably sticks with him until the end of the summer. Maybe dropping him for one of the upcoming friendlies would give him the shot across the bows that he needs.

Finally, Richarlison doesn't get half the credit he deserves from outside Everton circles. An absolute talisman. He's properly rattled some sections of the media who laughed when we paid £40m for him and that's why the only article that's been written about him by any of the papers this season was that one about him costing Everton by going down too often, too easily. He's been worth every penny and when he goes make no mistake it will be for your £80m-£90m fees.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool up next. I think they may lose a couple of them, and I can't see them getting top 4 but Europa definitely doable.

I think they can take points off any of those bar Liverpool.

Europa League likely now though.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I dont know about top four. I actually don't think we've been that good. We're just reasonably solid right now and we've had some generous fixtures, and that's all you need to shoot up this very poor mid table. We could certainly finish 5th but I'd take 7th.

I haven't seen the second half but apparently Pickford made another howler. I will continue to defend his ability because the goalkeeper from his first season here where he won Player of the Year, Fans Player, Young Player etc etc and secured his place in the World Cup squad beyond all doubt is in there somewhere. His recent form hasn't been good enough though. He really could do with dropping for a bit but when the alternative is Stekelenburg, to do so would be totally braindead for us. He could certainly be dropped by England for Henderson and that might be to his benefit but I think this close to the Euros, Southgate probably sticks with him until the end of the summer. Maybe dropping him for one of the upcoming friendlies would give him the shot across the bows that he needs.

Finally, Richarlison doesn't get half the credit he deserves from outside Everton circles. An absolute talisman. He's properly rattled some sections of the media who laughed when we paid £40m for him and that's why the only article that's been written about him by any of the papers this season was that one about him costing Everton by going down too often, too easily. He's been worth every penny and when he goes make no mistake it will be for your £80m-£90m fees.

I don't think you need to be. The league's poor. Nobody will convince me the standard of this league hasn't gone backwards.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I don't think you need to be. The league's poor. Nobody will convince me the standard of this league hasn't gone backwards.

I agree but I don't think we've got enough about us to go outscoring Chelsea by 7 points or whatever it is.

32 minutes ago, Dan said:

This season definitely. I'd argue it was like this in 2015 and 2016 too. Leicester winning the league gave everybody a kick up the bum and the top six teams got arguably the best six managers at the time in the world. Unfortunately the hierachys above them (Liverpool aside) are not and were back to where we were about seven years ago.

The German league is far more technically gifted and impressive. Nobody will change my opinion on that.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Palace gave him too much space here but this is still excellent from Richarlison.

I think the bloke is absolute class. Hes everything you want in an attacking modern footballer. I laughed at the fee at the time but playing with better players shows it was a shrewd move. I imagine he would get better if he played with better players too. His performances from Brazil show that.

• Administrator

Think top 4 is a bit of a stretch for Everton but a good run of form and momentum definitely makes them contenders for top 6 while everyone else is largely inconsistent. 

They aren't going to get the top 4 but they're definitely in the shout for the Europa League.

I was at our game with them a couple of weeks ago and to be honest they looked good, I reckon they'll be a force next season once Ancelotti has had a proper chance to make his mark on them.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived