talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [21. Spieltag] - 7-9th February, 2020

football forum

It's 5-0!! Kostic scores a 5th! This is an even greater scoreline, what a great performance by the team and Kostic has to be the man of the match tonight, two assists and two goals by the talented Serb wide man. Excellent display by him and he has led by example in this game.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Frankfurt on fire! Nice. 

But how great must a team be that almost beat them last week? :ph34r: I need some hope. 

Different performances on different days, not too surprising with Frankfurt, given the amount of rotating that Hutter does. The players do well to find some cohesion given all the tinkering that the Austrian manager decides to undertake.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Different performances on different days, not too surprising with Frankfurt, given the amount of rotating that Hutter does. The players do well to find some cohesion given all the tinkering that the Austrian manager decides to make.

Yea, but, maybe Rösler made us perform so good that we gave Frankfurt a run for their money. 2nd half against Kaiserslautern was VERY good as well. God damnit, I'm really excited to see what we'll be able to do against Wolfsburg tomorrow. So much uncertainty, a little bit of hope... I trust in Uwe Rösler. I watched every interview and press conference with him so far. Very detail orientated and open minded coach. Bit of a contrast to Funkel, who was very stoic and unflappable. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, but, maybe Rösler made us perform so good that we gave Frankfurt a run for their money. 2nd half against Kaiserslautern was VERY good as well. God damnit, I'm really excited to see what we'll be able to do against Wolfsburg tomorrow. So much uncertainty, a little bit of hope... I trust in Uwe Rösler. I watched every interview and press conference with him so far. Very detail orientated and open minded coach. Bit of a contrast to Funkel, who was very stoic and unflappable. 

You are only allowed to win if we win too.

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I have always been a fan of Rosler, he's a very good manager and he gets his team to play attractive but also effective football. Berisha is an excellent signing as well, he should really boost your midfield. Mathias Jorgensen is also pretty decent and he will bring experience to the defence. 

Fortuna are in no way doomed for relegation just yet, they have a very decent side. In fact I think the only side who are very likely to go down at this moment in time are Paderborn. All the other sides trying to avoid the drop have several quality players who can do an important job in helping them avoid relegation.

Sorry Nudge, Bulter it seems, has really put a dent in Werder's chances of avoiding relegation this season. This was of course a must win game, but unfortunately Werder find themselves 2 goals down with only about 12 minutes left to play. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Berisha & Stöger back in the starting formation :x

Let's go. :banana:

Only about 10 minutes left of the game with the scores tied at 1-1. But if Dusseldorf can make their one man advantage tell and score the winning goal against Wolfsburg, that would be a huge boost for their survival hopes. There's a real possibility of that happening, even if there's only 10 minutes left, as Fortuna have been in control for most of this 2nd half. Good luck!

Another day to forget!  In fairness one would have to say it was difficult to see which team was the one at the bottom of the league - we still have too may players who are not capable of passing a ball let alone playing soccer - DW has to take real decisions otherwise the usual gang will start to look for another manager - history will again repeat itself. The pathetic attempts at the back led by a myriad of errors and poor decisions from the senior player in defence was - even after the kid's goal - pathetic - sit back and defend (which they can't do anyway) was always giving Paderborn the chance they wanted - and they took it well with the scorer getting away from his marker who was - guess who?  Ignore the draw for the quarter-finals - concentrate on a team for next week's game and try and get the back line to start thinking rather than going through the negative motions which they are suffering from at the moment. Sorry fro nudge's and Tommy's bad days but Hertha couldn't beat us on Tuesday and they can be caught so don't give - yet!

Well, that is a bit of a bitter sweet point today. We edged the first half, in fact, we were all over Wolfsburg. The first 15 minutes were perfect. Our gegenpressing the way we let the ball roll was amazing. 2nd half was a bit of an old pattern again. We stopped playing proper football and let Wolfsburg attack most of the time. We need to find our consistency, and be more courageous in times like this. It's always difficult to play against 10 men though, but I feel we should have gotten away with more than one point. Ah well, all in all, there were a lot of positives, and maybe we get a bit more fortunate in the future. 

I'm glad that we now have a full week of preparation for the next fixture with our new coach. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

We need a new manager if we are to have any hope

I'm not a Werder insider, but I disagree. Kohfeldt is the right man for you. But I'm too drunk to elaborate. See you tomorrow. 

I was so happy for Union to win today. I love them in the Bundesliga and I just find them so fascinating. 

The downside is that they played Bremen, who normally I wouldn't care about at all, but since I have a soft spot for all teams supported on here by our users, it did sting a little as they are battling relegation. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived