talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

“The Championship needs to breakaway from the EFL” - Some Delusional Journalist

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/feb/06/championship-wider-audience-football-league

There’s a load more women working in Football these days, I know some old fashioned, backwards types think they don’t deserve to be working in the industry and micro analyse every word they say or type but there are some good women out there working in Football and daft stuff like this gives them a collective bad name. 

”Does League Two need to be professional?” was a particularly hilarious line. 

Someone has paid her for this and someone has gone “yeah, let’s publish this”. Idiots. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree with her. Get Leeds out and stick them in the Premier League seeing as she tried to use us in her arguement with at least three examples. Only way we will get there anyway xD

Obviously it's a load of bollocks. I get what she is trying to say about the Championship building up to be quite a force amongst other leagues, but she's going about it all wrong.

Yorkie, it's not for her.

15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I totally agree with her. Get Leeds out and stick them in the Premier League seeing as she tried to use us in her arguement with at least three examples. Only way we will get there anyway xD

Obviously it's a load of bollocks. I get what she is trying to say about the Championship building up to be quite a force amongst other leagues, but she's going about it all wrong.

Yorkie, it's not for her.

I consider myself to watch a lot of football, and there are few leagues as entertaining as the Championships. Maybe doesn't have the stars and names that the EPL has, but you rarely have teams run away with the league and it's always a battle for promotion and to avoid relegation. 

On 07/02/2020 at 11:59, Smiley Culture said:

There’s a load more women working in Football these days, I know some old fashioned, backwards types think they don’t deserve to be working in the industry and micro analyse every word they say or type but there are some good women out there working in Football and daft stuff like this gives them a collective bad name. 

This would only give women a bad name with people who are already sexist. No woman should hold back from freedom of speech just because of them.

Louise Taylor has been North East football reporter for the Guardian for at least a decade if not two. One of the most experienced football journalists in the game. 

I've seen the mackem Newcastle hater at St James' Park a couple of times. 

8 hours ago, Harvsky said:

This would only give women a bad name with people who are already sexist. No woman should hold back from freedom of speech just because of them.

Louise Taylor has been North East football reporter for the Guardian for at least a decade if not two. One of the most experienced football journalists in the game. 

I've seen the mackem Newcastle hater at St James' Park a couple of times. 

If she’s as experienced as you claim, she’d know that she was penning a car crash. 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If she’s as experienced as you claim, she’d know that she was penning a car crash. 

You mistake journalistic experience for the  desire to be seen as saying the right thing.

Online opinion pieces in this era are all about  provocation in order to generate clicks, traffic and resulting revenue. 

The easiest way to make money is rile people up so they share it. You sharing the article on here alone has probably generated a dozen hits to the Guardians ad covered website.

Archived