• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Morning Routines

football forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/02/2020 at 14:40, Eco said:

I wake up at 5am each morning. Coffee makers automatically starts at 5:30am. 

I always shower, spend 30 minutes meditating, read the news and/or some of a book, and then once 6 arrives, I wake up the daughter, feed her breakfast, get her ready for school, and then back her in the car for her Mother to take to daycare. Once they are gone (usually around 6:45), then I am alone and can start working whenever. 

100% put me to shame.

If I work day shift, alarm is 5am for a 6am start. Fair.

But if I'm not working days, you will not see me till between 9/10am. Not a chance it'll be earlier.

I think we can identify who the parents are on this thread with the people who have little responsibilities xD

52 minutes ago, Lucas said:

100% put me to shame.

If I work day shift, alarm is 5am for a 6am start. Fair.

But if I'm not working days, you will not see me till between 9/10am. Not a chance it'll be earlier.

I think we can identify who the parents are on this thread with the people who have little responsibilities xD

Yeah, my Dad is an early riser and so am I. Always have been and it hasn't changed since becoming a parent. My problem is when the kid wakes up at midnight and I'm dead asleep. 

Set the alarm for 5:30am and normally wake up just before that and in time to shut it off, grab any change of clothes and head off to the shower moving like a ninja across the room and hallway so not to disturb anyone... have my shower, brush teeth etc... then literally float down the stairs like a ghost avoiding the noisy steps like a pro. Close the kitchen door while the kettle is on for a coffee to keep the noise down and then let the pets out, check the news while I have my coffee then drag my tired and weary body out the door for another day of graft...

Get home in the evening to be told I woke her up early because I stomp around like an elephant.... 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Set the alarm for 5:30am and normally wake up just before that and in time to shut it off, grab any change of clothes and head off to the shower moving like a ninja across the room and hallway so not to disturb anyone... have my shower, brush teeth etc... then literally float down the stairs like a ghost avoiding the noisy steps like a pro. Close the kitchen door while the kettle is on for a coffee to keep the noise down and then let the pets out, check the news while I have my coffee then drag my tired and weary body out the door for another day of graft...

Get home in the evening to be told I woke her up early because I stomp around like an elephant.... 

Apparently by attempting to be quiet, I make more noise so the solution was to not attempt to be quiet. Lose lose situation.

On 08/02/2020 at 14:34, Toinho said:

New routine because new job and location. 

So far it’s like this..

Wake up at 6 (or painfully 15-20 minutes before my alarm).

Start planning in my head what I’m going to do at school today(if already not organised).

Lay in bed scrolling news and social media.

Get out of bed put kettle on.

Have a shower. 

Get dressed. 

Make coffee. 

Eat yoghurt or banana.

Sit on couch staring aimlessly for a bit.

Continue to work out what I’m doing for the day.

Pack lunch. 

Brush teeth.

Drive to work.

What are you, English?

The level of inefficiency in these morning routines is staggering.

Wake up 7am.

Toilet.

Get dressed.

Put toast in machine.

Do hair and aftershave.

Put peanut butter on toast and walk out the door at 7.25 eating the toast as I walk to the bus stop. 

Pick up a coffee from my local place just down by the bus stop.

Look at this website while I take the train to work.

Variation occurs if the kids are awake by then but normally they aren't.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Harry said:

Wake up 7am.

Toilet.

Get dressed.

Put toast in machine.

Do hair and aftershave.

Put peanut butter on toast and walk out the door at 7.25 eating the toast as I walk to the bus stop. 

What are you, a robot? 

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Variation occurs if the kids are awake

That might imply some inefficiency in your normal morning routine would it not??? I mean anything that strays from your normal ultra efficient regime means change and changing from what you have already must mean that you are not as efficient??? 

Anyway, eating toast on the way to work is laziness.... you could just wake up 30 minutes earlier and eat your toast at home before leaving but because you like to doss about in bed you short cut your morning time to accommodate it... :ph34r:

• Subscriber

When I was working I never really used an alarm clock as I always seemed to wake up 15/20 minutes before I arose and as I mentioned before the wife was always my reminder if I overslept but I can remember on one occasion I arose at 04.30, made my way into the bathroom for a shower etc, got dressed in my suit & tie then made my way into the lounge, normal routine, made myself a coffee, no breakfast as I never eat first thing when I wake up.

I always liked to be on my own when I got ready for work and the wife would just leave me alone and on this occasion, I switched the tv on to get the early morning news before I left and suddenly the wife came walking through the lounge door and sat down beside me, my first reaction was saying "What are you doing up at this time?" all she said was "What are you doing up? it's Saturday morning, you are not working today", then she left and went back to bed, I just sat there and said to myself you stupid bastard, took my suit and tie back off and just dressed in my scruffs, never bothered going back to bed as I was wide awake by then. 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

That might imply some inefficiency in your normal morning routine would it not??? I mean anything that strays from your normal ultra efficient regime means change and changing from what you have already must mean that you are not as efficient??? 

Anyway, eating toast on the way to work is laziness.... you could just wake up 30 minutes earlier and eat your toast at home before leaving but because you like to doss about in bed you short cut your morning time to accommodate it... 

Yes, thats a welcome inefficiency tbh. 

But when you're up for hours in the night those extra morning minutes are precious so my routine has compressed significantly to maximise sleep since kids.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Wake up 7am.

Toilet.

Get dressed.

Put toast in machine.

Do hair and aftershave.

We may be inefficient but you’re gross not brushing your teeth or showering. 

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

We may be inefficient but you’re gross not brushing your teeth or showering. 

My bad. Teeth deodorant aftershave and hair all happen together in the bathroom.

But I shower before bed. I don't understand morning showering. The best time to get clean, (if you subscribe to a philosophy of doing so once per day) is surely before bed, not after it. Clean sheets. You're clean when you get in. Wake up still clean. All good.

The alternative? Go the bed. Wipe half your dirt off into your sheets. Wake up. Wash off any residual dirt. Leave the house to get dirty again. Strange.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, True Blue said:

1. Wake up

2. Brush my teeth / finish bathroom routine

3. Get dressed for work

4. Leave the house

This is the scenario Monday - Friday or working days.

You don't have Breakfast? I couldn't function without it!

Archived