• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Morning Routines

football forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

No mate in my 32 years of age i have never had breakfast for a working day. On the weekends i have breakfast but in general i eat very little.

I have a yoghurt or a banana. Never that hungry in the morning. 

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

My bad. Teeth deodorant aftershave and hair all happen together in the bathroom.

But I shower before bed. I don't understand morning showering. The best time to get clean, (if you subscribe to a philosophy of doing so once per day) is surely before bed, not after it. Clean sheets. You're clean when you get in. Wake up still clean. All good.

The alternative? Go the bed. Wipe half your dirt off into your sheets. Wake up. Wash off any residual dirt. Leave the house to get dirty again. Strange.

Agreed re: shower but I have one at night and morning. 

Breakfasts here are light compared to the UK, USA and probably OZ and NZ, just a cup of coffee with facturas (croissants & Danish pastry) or mate/mate cocido with bread & butter/jelly or maybe fresh orange juice, but you won't see people eating meat with eggs and ultra greasy things like that in the morning. To be honest i like all of that but something i love is avocado on bread, that thing is magnificent. I have to eat something every 1,5 or 2 hours, if i don't eat something in 4 hours i feel like i'm gonna die, and i'm not fat at all, i'm fucking ideal weight but i have to eat a fucking ton.

1 minute ago, Pyfish said:

I only really have cereal for Breakfast. It's only a 'full English' (minus a few things) when I'm away in a hotel or something.

I forgot about cereal, i used to have that a lot back then, or just a yogur or two. Chocolate milk also gets a pass.

• Subscriber

Every now and then the wife might make a brunch as we call it here around 11ish if we have visitors and that will be a bacon & egg sandwich and if I am downtown around 10ish I will pop into the local community cafe and have a full Scottish breakfast of sausages, egg, bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, toast, black pudding or haggis and beans. :P 

When I have that full Scottish breakfast then that will do me for the day and I might have a small snack at tea time then a bottle of wine or lager to see the day off. 

BLOG-03e-Full-Scottish-Breakfast.jpg

33 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Breakfasts here are light compared to the UK, USA and probably OZ and NZ, just a cup of coffee with facturas (croissants & Danish pastry) or mate/mate cocido with bread & butter/jelly or maybe fresh orange juice, but you won't see people eating meat with eggs and ultra greasy things like that in the morning. To be honest i like all of that but something i love is avocado on bread, that thing is magnificent. I have to eat something every 1,5 or 2 hours, if i don't eat something in 4 hours i feel like i'm gonna die, and i'm not fat at all, i'm fucking ideal weight but i have to eat a fucking ton.

You Brazilians are just mad

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, True Blue said:

No mate in my 32 years of age i have never had breakfast for a working day. On the weekends i have breakfast but in general i eat very little.

TeamNoBreakfast checking in! There are those very rare occasions when I eat something in the morning but that happens maybe twice a year.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harry said:

I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone call it a kettle.

We do, but that will consist of putting the electric kettle on the go, gone are the days when you would put the old fashioned whistling kettle on the stove and sit down and wait until you hear it whistling then go and make a brew.

depositphotos_181686336-stock-video-hot-

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

TeamNoBreakfast checking in! There are those very rare occasions when I eat something in the morning but that happens maybe twice a year.

I'm a fully-established member of TeamNoBreakfast, too. 

If anything it consists of a tea/coffee well after I've started work. So it's not breakfast for me.

Also, @CaaC (John), thanks for letting us know what a full breakfast and kettle looks like!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

We do, but that will consist of putting the electric kettle on the go, gone are the days when you would put the old fashioned whistling kettle on the stove and sit down and wait until you hear it whistling then go and make a brew.

depositphotos_181686336-stock-video-hot-

Not at all, they are not gone anywhere. I have one just like that and bought it just a few months ago. I believe they are coming back into fashion haha. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Just out of curiosity. How are people boiling water? Seems odd not to have a kettle to do it (electric or traditional) as they are more efficient for this particular activity. Microwave? Pot?

Electric kettle, I won't put a photo up as @Stan might tell me off. xD

I can remember years ago when I was a wee nipper we had a power cut and my mother putting a kettle on an open coal fire to boil.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm a fully-established member of TeamNoBreakfast, too. 

If anything it consists of a tea/coffee well after I've started work. So it's not breakfast for me.

Also, @CaaC (John), thanks for letting us know what a full breakfast and kettle looks like!

I always have a glass of water (often with lemon) and then a cup of tea when I wake up, but could never stomach any food early in the morning... 

• Subscriber
Just now, CaaC (John) said:

I can remember years ago when I was a wee nipper we had a power cut and my mother putting a kettle on an open coal fire to boil.

I remember the same except they used to have to boil water over logs and sometimes coal as there were gas shortages in supply sometimes and they'd then use the water for all kinds of things.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

I always have a glass of water (often with lemon) and then a cup of tea when I wake up, but could never stomach any food early in the morning... 

I always have bottles of water in the fridge and that is the first thing I have in the morning, a swig from the bottle, even when I go to bed I will have a bottle of water sitting on my bedside unit in case I wake up thirsty.

Archived