The better place to talk football.

Morning Routines

football forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Breakfast is the best meal of the day. If I just had to live on German bread rolls with cheese on it, I'd be more than happy. 

The only breakfast I approve of is a Sunday Frühschoppen! xD

19 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Waiting for @Harry to explain what he means haha 

I boil water from my local well in an old boot that I sit atop an open fire... :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Toinho said:

28 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Just out of curiosity. How are people boiling water? Seems odd not to have a kettle to do it (electric or traditional) as they are more efficient for this particular activity. Microwave? Pot?

I use an electric jug mate. And when someone asks me to make them a hot cup of tea they say "can you boil the jug?" Or "can you put the water on to boil?"

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I've never done a Frühschoppen, I believe. I don't like the idea of alcohol in the morning. :ph34r:

Haha, I love a good Bavarian one on a late Sunday morning every once in a while. Weißwurst, Händlmaiers Senf, Brezn and a cool Hefeweizen :x Perfection. Even better when F1 is on. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Harry said:

What about on a weekend? You won't go out for a Sunday brunch every now and again?

Does brunch count as breakfast?

If I was to have breakfast, it'd most likely be a Sunday.

Even so, speaking in general (not just Sundays) I do not agree breakfasts are the best meal of the day. Much prefer a bigger dinner. For example on a Sunday I'd rather have a roast dinner than a full English breakfast. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I use an electric jug mate. And when someone asks me to make them a hot cup of tea they say "can you boil the jug?" Or "can you put the water on to boil?"

Now it makes sense thank you. The second one I've heard quite a lot is of course "can you put the kettle on?". 

10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Now it makes sense thank you. The second one I've heard quite a lot is of course "can you put the kettle on?". 

Really? I find I only hear that from Anton,  and in Australian tv sitcoms from the 1950's.

It seems like a very English thing to say.

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Just out of curiosity. How are people boiling water? Seems odd not to have a kettle to do it (electric or traditional) as they are more efficient for this particular activity. Microwave? Pot?

I've got a kettle. Do people really microwave water to boil it? That seems barbaric for some reason.

7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Every now and then the wife might make a brunch as we call it here around 11ish if we have visitors and that will be a bacon & egg sandwich and if I am downtown around 10ish I will pop into the local community cafe and have a full Scottish breakfast of sausages, egg, bacon, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, toast, black pudding or haggis and beans. :P 

When I have that full Scottish breakfast then that will do me for the day and I might have a small snack at tea time then a bottle of wine or lager to see the day off. 

BLOG-03e-Full-Scottish-Breakfast.jpg

John boy, where's the Square sausage at? Disappointed...

And that hash brown is dubious. Look at him trying to casually sneak under the black pudding like no one's watching.

Definitely an imposter.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

My bad. Teeth deodorant aftershave and hair all happen together in the bathroom.

But I shower before bed. I don't understand morning showering. The best time to get clean, (if you subscribe to a philosophy of doing so once per day) is surely before bed, not after it. Clean sheets. You're clean when you get in. Wake up still clean. All good.

The alternative? Go the bed. Wipe half your dirt off into your sheets. Wake up. Wash off any residual dirt. Leave the house to get dirty again. Strange.

Whenever I go to sleep after showering, I always don't feel clean when I wake up. Also the shower helps wake me up in the morning, I'm pretty sure. So I'm a morning showerer.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

And that hash brown is dubious. Look at him trying to casually sneak under the black pudding like no one's watching.

Definitely an imposter.

1 rasher of bacon is heathen-esque too.

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Definitely an imposter.

The hash brown is sneaking under the black pudding looking for the sexy square sausage. :D

You can either have a square sausage or the normal sausage, I normally choose between square or normal if they ask, I take it you must have black pudding around your neck of the woods then, the wife won't touch black pudding because it's dipped in animal blood, she prefers white pudding.  

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Whenever I go to sleep after showering, I always don't feel clean when I wake up. Also the shower helps wake me up in the morning, I'm pretty sure. So I'm a morning showerer.

Because you're not. You've got 8 hours (give or take) of sweat and other detritus on you, and that's as clean as you're going to be all day. It's gross

You can usually assume people who make a big song and dance about having clean sheets because they shower before bed rarely wash their sheets as well.

• Administrator

Yeah always shower in the morning. Never got the fascination or understanding of waking up and not showering and going to work in all that sweat/smell gained overnight. And yes obviously I use aftershave/deodorant but that would only mask the smell for so long...

9 hours ago, Harry said:

I boil water from my local well in an old boot that I sit atop an open fire... :ph34r:

Never ever heard that.

On 11/02/2020 at 07:22, Pyfish said:

Apparently by attempting to be quiet, I make more noise so the solution was to not attempt to be quiet. Lose lose situation.

My lot wind me up because I always try to keep the noise down and yet they don't give a crap how loud they are when I am off shift.... it seems with them every door has to be slammed shut when they go in and out... When I am on shift I normally give my daughter a wake up prod and because I am wearing my high vis jacket she calls me 'the rustler' because of the noise it makes... 

Archived