talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Driver or Team?

football forum

When Supporting F1, do you lean towards supporting a Team or a Driver?   

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Team, or the Driver?

• Team
    • Driver

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first year I went with team, but I think I'm more driver. 

Obviously love Riccarido, and can't help but like Max. I found myself very happy when Gasly got the podium last year after the crazy year he had, and then while he doesn't add much personality wise, I do find myself liking Gio. 

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Eco said:

My first year I went with team, but I think I'm more driver. 

Obviously love Riccarido, and can't help but like Max. I found myself very happy when Gasly got the podium last year after the crazy year he had, and then while he doesn't add much personality wise, I do find myself liking Gio. 

I mean I always had a soft spot for Sauber and always want them to do well but I still focus on individual drivers first and foremost. That would probably be different if there was a team I could really "identify" with but until then I just like some more than some others. 

I've always had a favourite driver, never REALLY a favourite team. There are teams that I sympathize with, especially Sauber, but I'm more a fan of individual character, personality etc. when it comes to F1. 

Just now, Eco said:

I did. But then watching him in Austria cahnged my mind.

He's alright, I guess. He surely matured a lot in the last few months. I like him too, but he has his unlikable moments, where he takes after his wife beating father. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He's alright, I guess. He surely matured a lot in the last few months. I like him too, but he has his unlikable moments, where he takes after his wife beating father. 

Such as?...

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Such as?...

Just that bit of arrogance. In press conferences and interviews. Guess it's a classic trademark of a future World Champion though. Schumi was similar at his prime. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Just that bit of arrogance. In press conferences and interviews. Guess it's a classic trademark of a future World Champion though. Schumi was similar at his prime. 

Probably another reason why Max's my favourite current driver xD 

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Probably another reason why Max's my favourite current driver xD 

I'm not a fan of arrogance. I like down to earth kind of guys. Before Vettel, my absolute favourite was Heinz-Harald Frentzen. xD I always liked Kimi too though. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'm not a fan of arrogance. I like down to earth kind of guys. Before Vettel, my absolute favourite was Heinz-Harald Frentzen. xD I always liked Kimi too though. 

That's the thing, I don't perceive Verstappen as arrogant at all. Same with Schumi. Polarising figures with a lot of self-confidence and determination (and in Max's case also quite a bit of hotheadedness and a lot of typical Dutch bluntness) but for me it's a typical characterisation of most top athletes - I do understand that they might come across as arrogant to some people though. Also funny thing I noticed about Max - he comes across completely differently in his interviews in English compared to the ones in German or Dutch. 

Wait you're saying Kimi's arrogant too? O.o

1 minute ago, nudge said:

That's the thing, I don't perceive Verstappen as arrogant at all. Same with Schumi. Polarising figures with a lot of self-confidence and determination (and in Max's case also quite a bit of hotheadedness and a lot of typical Dutch bluntness) but for me it's a typical characterisation of most top athletes - I do understand that they might come across as arrogant to some people though. Also funny thing I noticed about Max - he comes across completely differently in his interviews in English compared to the ones in German or Dutch. 

Wait you're saying Kimi's arrogant too? O.o

True, he's always pretty nice in his German interviews. It's weird that only RTL seem to interview him in German though, and SKY it's almost only English. Well, mainly because they share their interview bits with British Sky. 

No, no, Kimi was the down to earth place holder until a German down to earth guy comes along. :P 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

True, he's always pretty nice in his German interviews. It's weird that only RTL seem to interview him in German though, and SKY it's almost only English. Well, mainly because they share their interview bits with British Sky. 

No, no, Kimi was the down to earth place holder until a German down to earth guy comes along. :P 

ORF always does the interviews with him in German too! I think SRF as well but their F1 moderator annoys me so I don't watch it anymore xD 

Ah I misunderstood you regarding Kimi there and was a bit confused haha.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

He is a great driver, and the Netflix series leads you to believe he is an ass hole and him and DR are enemies...but the more you look, the more you see that him and Danny are actually friends. 

Netflix meeded drama. 

• Administrator

Think I've always been Ferrari since I first started watching F1 (probably due to my brother liking Ferrari too at the time).

Probably still will be until a cunt of a driver comes along.

Archived