talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your FM Career

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

What does that have anything to do with what I said xD

You said what so I presumed you meant the image of the predator as Cannabis, I have had to much wine and lagers last night with the son so I am not switched on yet  O.o

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

You said what so I presumed you meant the image of the predator as Cannabis, I have had to much wine and lagers last night with the son so I am not switched on yet  O.o

Yeah but I don't get why you posted that just now anyway xD

Name: James Toinho 

Club: Aldershot Town 

position: CM/CAM

CA - 100

PA - whatever the Max is (200?)

strengths: all the passing, set pieces/penalties, vision, creativity, stamina, dribbling, work rate, two footed

weaknesses: prone to ill discipline, loves a beer 

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well, that isn't what I was saying was weird. More so that they'd actually populate the database with real people.

Why not? The research goes super deep and I’d gather that for many many years the game starts with real people in real leagues.

Just now, Toinho said:

Why not? The research goes super deep and I’d gather that for many many years the game starts with real people in real leagues.

Because they get professional players wrong all the time, so to me it seems like a huge investment populating a database of semi-professional players they haven't seen or barely know exist. I can garuantee for a fact most of the scouting is just guessing; they've been articles around the internet.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Spike said:

Because they get professional players wrong all the time, so to me it seems like a huge investment populating a database of semi-professional players they haven't seen or barely know exist. I can garuantee for a fact most of the scouting is just guessing; they've been articles around the internet.

I may be wrong but I think @Storts did it for a season for Spurs? An analyst, per se, who knew their respective club to feedback on what stats to put players in for. 

• Subscriber

The whole thing is pretty extensive actually. Even back in the early 2000s my Mum would get free copies of the game to send them the stats for Cambridge United players and they'd have a whole team of people to moderate the stats and make sure the player's overall ability was suitable for the league and tweak accordingly where necessary. That was 15 years ago, it's probably even more full on now. The game has such reach that I don't think it would be hard to find someone even from the likes of Swedish Second Division who is reasonably well informed enough to give them some decent stats and fancies having a go at it in exchange for a couple of free copies of the game.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

I may be wrong but I think @Storts did it for a season for Spurs? An analyst, per se, who knew their respective club to feedback on what stats to put players in for. 

I was the Spurs researcher for 3 seasons, maybe 4, can’t remember. But yeah everything spurs related was done by me in the database. Changes to players abilities, wages, contracts, favoured personnel etc etc. Inputting all the youth players, judging their potential, was a lot of work. And each major club has its own researcher.

The Semi pro players are real, I had a few friends on there as well, and they remain in the database for years. I’m also on a number of games because one of the perks of doing the job is having all your details entered into the regen generator so you appear in people’s youth intakes  

Yeah the semi pro players are real. One lad I went school with scored a free kick in a friendly against the Chelsea kids (Sahar, Woods, Cork etc) at Hampton & Richmond. It was quite obvious that an FM researcher was there as he had something like 14 for set pieces and everything else was 1 and 2 xD

A couple of the AFC Wimbledon lads that played for their academy/reserves remained on the game until about FM13 when they left in 2009 too.

• Subscriber

Name: James Fish
Position: CM/CAM
Club: Grimsby Town

CA: 100
PA: 200

James came through the ranks at Grimsby. Born and bred in the fishy town, James is well known for being a creative midfielder who as much enjoys scoring goals as he does creating them for his teammates. A firm fan favourite already, this kid is destined for big things.

5 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Name: James Fish
Position: CM/CAM

James came through the ranks at Grimsby. Born and bred in the fishy town, James is well known for being a creative midfielder who as much enjoys scoring goals as he does creating them for his teammates. A firm fan favourite already, this kid is destined for big things.

Name: Umberto Eco
Position: GK

Next door neighbor to James. Umberto comes from Italian parents, and rumors are that his father is actually Gigi Buffon, but no one talks about it because it irritates his 'dad' who is a good man. Umberto is a tall kid, already the same height as his idol, Gigi, and best friends with James. Growing up, they used to pretend of a day when they could take their dream club, Grimsby, to the Premership. 

I'm going to start the making the database very soon. Here we have the people who signed up.

Brian Bertie - Alfonso Ugarte - Canadian/Peruvian

James Toinho - Aldershot Town - Australian

Umberto Eco - Grimsby Town - Italian/English

Ricardo Alison - Cambridge United - English

Rick Mac - Carlisle United - English

Stanley - Luton Town - Indian/English

Ber Serker - River Plate - Argentinian

Spike Ekips - Brisbane Roar - Australian

Vlazeemar Devonov - Fulham - Russian

James Fish - Grimsby Town - English

If I missed anyone, let me know. If I did I'll find out anyways. More importantly if I got any info wrong (in terms of nationality and whatnot) let me know.

Archived