talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Leeds Bottle Promotion Again?

football forum

4 hours ago, Pyfish said:

image.thumb.png.0c9e4e5bc96cfef26aea337580b9bb0a.png

The table after the weekend is better reading for Leeds. Conceded the least amount of goals of the top 8 but with Casilla banned, will that change? The lad in goal for the win over Hull looked decent though to be fair.

It's very hard for teams to score when we have so much of the ball each game. So I can see why we manage to keep clean sheets, despite not having the best individual keeper or defence.

It's also testiment to how well we've been coached by Bielsa that we defend so well from front to back.

There are aspects of Kiko's game we'll miss but Meslier is a talent and from the little I've seen of him, I've no qualms with him having his chance now.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Still can't get over Fulham's brutal run in xD 

Off the top of my head they still have to play West Brom, Leeds, Forest, Blackburn and Bristol City? They have a 9-point lead to protect but given they're likely to be in play-off contention, momentum would be good...

So, @Stan made this thread after Leeds lost to Forest 2-0 and fell from the automatic spot....

They have tied Brentford 1-1, and then have won 5 consecutive matches, and are sitting top of the table now with 16 points out of a possible 18 in the last month. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

So, @Stan made this thread after Leeds lost to Forest 2-0 and fell from the automatic spot....

They have tied Brentford 1-1, and then have won 5 consecutive matches, and are sitting top of the table now with 16 points out of a possible 18 in the last month. 

Good work @Stan

5 clean sheets too, which is even more astonishing.

And Bamford finally scored.

Jesus, is this actually going to happen? xD

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Leeds are set for the Premier League, squad and manager. Midtable-top 6 push same as Sheff Utd and Wolves

Cor, I wish I had your confidence. We definitely need more quality but I do think we'd compete.

But we need to see off Fulham first. And you can start by beating them Friday please.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Cor, I wish I had your confidence. We definitely need more quality but I do think we'd compete.

But we need to see off Fulham first. And you can start by beating them Friday please.

I mean that if you go up, not as confident that you will but if you do you're set for the Prem mate. Same as us tbh, I wouldn't imagine either of us would spend much time at the bottom of the table.

If Aston Villa and Norwich City go down, that means two of the promoted teams have gone straight back three of the last four seasons. Leeds United will need to strengthen their defence quite considerably (especially given they'll lose Ben White) and improve on Patrick Bamford. 

17 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If Aston Villa and Norwich City go down, that means two of the promoted teams have gone straight back three of the last four seasons. Leeds United will need to strengthen their defence quite considerably (especially given they'll lose Ben White) and improve on Patrick Bamford. 

Totally agree on the personnel. Can't see us keeping White unless Brighton go down, but he'll be chased by the big guns I'm sure of it.

One thing we have going for us I think over the likes of Villa, Norwich, Fulham etc is Bielsa. Don't think those teams have someone in charge who is so tactically sound as Marcelo.

We'll see what happens. Got to get over the line yet and I'm not counting no chickens following this club.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping that this year it will happen.  I can see the lights from Elland Road from my house when they are on and DW had a good relationship with United when he was at Huddersfield.  perhaps there will be a chance for a pre-season game between us to test out both sides before the new year starts.  Meantime, please somebody talk to Hodgson and get young Max to help the mid-field. He would be ideal at Elland Road and might at least get a game sometime!  I might have to change my picture into one with a new shirt.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

@Lucas

That encapsulates the spirit at the club. Everyone (and I mean everyone) is pulling together in the right direction.

Ok, they are all minted, and they will get this in backpay, but nevertheless, they are doing it because they care about the little people at the club that do what they can to make life easier for the lads.

We deserve something good to happen. Fingers crossed we're not denied.

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Stan said:

One hell of a goal to remember. Ayling should win this. 

It was a great goal to be fair. Not 100% sure it is the best but the fact that there is a packed house and some good limbs as the goal goes in will only strengthen it's cause.

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It was a great goal to be fair. Not 100% sure it is the best but the fact that there is a packed house and some good limbs as the goal goes in will only strengthen it's cause.

It's quality build up too, not just the finish. 

19 hours ago, Lucas said:

I think his barnet alone means it shouldn’t win, young children watch this and they cannot promote such bad practices :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think his barnet alone means it shouldn’t win, young children watch this and they cannot promote such bad practices :ph34r:

Too late mate, the younger generation are all over it...

Not gonna lie, totally gutting today knowing we'd have been playing the last game of the season, home to Charlton, sun shining, at a packed Elland Road and in all likelihood, celebrating promotion in front of the fans.

That moment, the emotion, relief, tears, celebrations, after everything that happened over the last 20 years, would have been the culmination of many frustrating seasons come to an end.

We have worked so hard for that moment and we will forever be robbed of that memory, no matter what happens here on out.

I'll always reflect on that thought.

Archived