2. 2. Deco or Francesc Fabregas?

3. 3. Yaya Toure or Xavi?

4. 4. Andres Iniesta or Frank Lampard?

• Andres Iniesta
    • Frank Lampard
  5. 5. Thiago or Michael Ballack?

6. 6. Toni Kroos or Zinedine Zidane?

7. 7. Paul Scholes or Luka Modric?

8. 8. Steven Gerrard or Bastian Schweinsteiger?

• Steven Gerrard
    • Bastian Schweinsteiger

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most will win by a landslide in this round.

I was in doubt on the Gerrard vs Schweinsteiger one, not a huge of of either but gave it to Gerrard. Same for Deco as Fabregas could win it and that's fine.

Modric vs Scholes... I'm a fan of Scholes' qualities but Modric is the better player, who are we kidding. Zidane will win the whole thing but the rest of the top 3 would be Iniesta and Modric to me.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Most will win by a landslide in this round.

I was in doubt on the Gerrard vs Schweinsteiger one, not a huge of of either but gave it to Gerrard. Same for Deco as Fabregas could win it and that's fine.

Modric vs Scholes... I'm a fan of Scholes' qualities but Modric is the better player, who are we kidding. Zidane will win the whole thing but the rest of the top 3 would be Iniesta and Modric to me.

I'm not entirely sure Zidane will win. At least not convincingly anyway. 

Gerrard vs Schweinsteiger was the hardest one for me.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Iniesta - Lampard 16-2

Spanish cunts xD

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Looking at the 16 voters, not one of us is Spanish xD 

I think Lampard was handily better then Scholes or Gerrard. But Inesta smokes him.

Gerrard beating Bastian is the biggest crime of the round. A player who seamlessly transitioned from wing to midfield, and won his team a CL, and his nation the world cup, vs a guy best known for scoring the odd belter, playing 2 good long balls a game and crossing well, who struggled to transition from a 10 to a true midfielder in his later years because he was less of a goal threat and couldn't tackle, which truely underlined how he had been a very good player in his best position, but not a truly great one. Would I love him to bits if I were a liverpool fan. Absolutely. Does that make him better than Schweinstiger? Not a chance. 

12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Gerrard beating Bastian is the biggest crime of the round. A player who seamlessly transitioned from wing to midfield, and won his team a CL, and his nation the world cup, vs a guy best known for scoring the odd belter, playing 2 good long balls a game and crossing well, who struggled to transition from a 10 to a true midfielder in his later years because he was less of a goal threat and couldn't tackle, which truely underlined how he had been a very good player in his best position, but not a truly great one. Would I love him to bits if I were a liverpool fan. Absolutely. Does that make him better than Schweinstiger? Not a chance. 

Fuck me, that's a fucked up description of Gerrard. Literally a man moved all over the midfield because he had to carry his Liverpool sides for pretty much his entire career and managers had different ideas on how to get him to get the most out of his teammates, many of whom weren't fit to tie up his laces for him, described like that.

I can't downvote your post. But that feature should be implemented onto these forums just so I can downvote your post.

47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck me, that's a fucked up description of Gerrard. Literally a man moved all over the midfield because he had to carry his Liverpool sides for pretty much his entire career and managers had different ideas on how to get him to get the most out of his teammates, many of whom weren't fit to tie up his laces for him, described like that.

I can't downvote your post. But that feature should be implemented onto these forums just so I can downvote your post.

TBH I went in soft not hard. I didn't bring up the slip that cost his side the title and the back header that cost his nation a spot in the round of 16. He may have moved all over midfield but he was only ever great in one spot. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

TBH I went in soft not hard. I didn't bring up the slip that cost his side the title and the back header that cost his nation a spot in the round of 16. He may have moved all over midfield but he was only ever great in one spot. 

He was great all over the midfield tbh. Shifted around everywhere because the club was so poorly managed (from above each manager, imo) up until the last years of his time with us - but then he had a stubborn moron who didn't know what the fuck to do without Suarez in his squad as his boss & his legs had gone.

Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't get more back injuries to end his career earlier considering how much of his career was just carrying our club on his back.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Won us the league cup in 2005 and then won us the league in 2010. 

Proper Chelsea legend for a player that never played for us. 

Archived