The better place to talk football.

Tom & Jerry

football forum

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

A classic! Even the new ones are good.

Are they? I'm a traditionalist when it comes to cartoons. I really like and appreciate the ones drawn by hand. 

I remember in the early 90's in Germany Tom & Jerry was only allowed to air at a certain evening time because it was seen as "too violent" for kids. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Are they? I'm a traditionalist when it comes to cartoons. I really like and appreciate the ones drawn by hand. 

I remember in the early 90's in Germany Tom & Jerry was only allowed to air at a certain evening time because it was seen as "too violent" for kids. 

I mean I don't regularly watch it haha but whenever I accidentally caught some new-ish episodes on TV in the past few years they still seem to have stayed true to the style and the new animation doesn't look too wonky.

Completely opposite to what they've done to the new Duck Tales. Loved it as a child and tried to watch the reboot but the visuals are just weird :( 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean I don't regularly watch it haha but whenever I accidentally caught some new-ish episodes on TV in the past few years they still seem to have stayed true to the style and the new animation doesn't look too wonky.

Completely opposite to what they've done to the new Duck Tales. Loved it as a child and tried to watch the reboot but the visuals are just weird :( 

I didn't know there was a new Duck Tales. I have watched a trailer now, and thanks. 

eca.jpg

• Subscriber

The first episode of Tom & Jerry - Puss Gets the Boot (1940)

The short three-minute fragment from series is the first animated short subject in the Tom and Jerry series. The first cartoon in the cartoon series Tom and Jerry. Tom and Jerry had originally been are named Jasper and Jinx, but later viewers chose other names for the famous duo - Tom & Jerry

Edit: You can see the 3-minute version in the link below as Youtube would not allow me to post the video as a share in here. :ay:

https://youtu.be/oiHulAQmdqI

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They have them speaking now which completely ruins it for me. 

Far prefer them silent. Made their beef all the more intense 

Haven't seen the newer ones. I didn't realise they spoke now!

1 minute ago, Rick said:

The original thanksgiving episode where top is running around in a Native American headdress is my favourite of all time. Still has me howling. 

An absolute classic. Probably one of my favorites as well. 

Spike’s dog house was my favorite particularly the ending scene when they tricked Tom. Had me in stitches 

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, nudge said:

Never watched that but if I did I can't remember :drunk:

Off-topic but I loved the character Foghorn Leghorn and him beating the dog up  xD

Archived