talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Only thing I can find on Google is an Ipswich Town fan forum with a post from you... 

However, you're right about Twitter. Even Sky's RequestABet are saying it's the last one. Can't seem to see why?

It sounds like the plan is to knock it down and build a new one for the 2022/23 season, with an alternative ground being used for their "home" games in the meantime.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Apparently been approved that San Siro will be demolished as authorities say it has 'no cultural interest' anymore.

I don't know how this affects economies and whatnot but there really needs to be some more respect to a legendary stadium.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I don't know how this affects economies and whatnot but there really needs to be some more respect to a legendary stadium.

You're not wrong with the last bit but (and I've no experience of it myself) apparently several Italian stadiums are just in shite condition, and in a lot of disrepair. 

So while it's respectful in the fact no-one wants it demolished, there probably should have been some respect to it way before now in making sure it remains a top class stadium and not just from the outside or historically. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

You're not wrong with the last bit but (and I've no experience of it myself) apparently several Italian stadiums are just in shite condition, and in a lot of disrepair. 

So while it's respectful in the fact no-one wants it demolished, there probably should have been some respect to it way before now in making sure it remains a top class stadium and not just from the outside or historically. 

That's a very good point and I can agree with you on it. If the stadium is never going to be used it probably isn't healthy economically, but it's still a legendary stadium and it's a shame to hear it will be demolished. 

16 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

That's a very good point and I can agree with you on it. If the stadium is never going to be used it probably isn't healthy economically, but it's still a legendary stadium and it's a shame to hear it will be demolished. 

Milan and Inter could just walk away (in theory) and leave the local government with a massive burden on their hands. It's not ideal, but it would be necessary for them to demolish it.

2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Eh, not really. 

It's just a building. Having been there a few times, it has quickly become more and more depressing how shit the conditions are. I've said this 100 times, but it's WAY too big, and so I only hope the new stadium is much smaller and intimate (like Juve). 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah, most every stadium in Italy is falling apart. That's why Juve's is seen as such a marvel. 

• 1 year later...

Archived