talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Serie A Relegation Battle

football forum

15 Game remaining this year, but I figured I'd start this annual tradition. 

It's pretty common in Serie A to be considered 'safe' if you can average one point per game. 

image.thumb.png.161b8896bc4e765f0bfe14f8c95e3d05.png

Here are the week 24 Fixtures for the following teams:

Sampdoria 
vs Fiorentina

Sampdoria desperately needs to get some points here. Fiorentina aren't a dumpster fire and so a win here will certainly do great for their fans. 

Lecce
vs SPAL

Classic relegation battle here. At home to the worst team in the Serie A, and playing as well as they are, their is no way that Lecce should be getting anything less than 3 points. 

Genoa
at Bologna

Tricky fixture for Genoa. They would do well to get any points from this fixture, but Bologna have been playing really well this year and will be looking to improve their chances for Europe. 

Brescia
at Juventus

With Juventus losing last week to Verona, there is no chance that they are going to call to Brescia, at home. Sorry Brescia, you have less than a 1% chance to get anything from this game. 

SPAL
at Lecce

The other half of the relegation battle. I don't see SPAL getting anything out of this match, and I certainly can't imagine them staying in Serie A another year. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

image.png.5e125f2ea288d79b3ce91e90332bc210.png

Bad week for the bottom of the table, as Udinese was the only team to get a point with a 1-1 draw at Bologna. 

UDINESE
Fiorentina (A) - Tough match on the road. I wouldn't be shocked with Udinese getting points here, and by doing so will certainly put them closer and closer to being in the clear. 

LECCE
Atalanta (H) - Tough match against a good Atalanta team. Lecce are going to NEED to get points from this as their upcoming schedule includes AC Milan and Juventus, so anything from this match will be positive. 

SAMPDORIA
Hellas Verona (H) - I like this matchup for Sampdoria and would expect them to get points from this match. Sampdoria have a friendly schedule coming up and if they can get some points here, they will certainly like their chances of moving up and getting some much needed points. 

GENOA
Milan (A) - Don't see Genoa getting anything from this, and I don't think the future is looking for them coming up. After consecutive wins, they have a tough road ahead with Milan, Parma, and Juventus coming up. 

BRESCIA
Sassuolo (H) - Another game that Brescia will be looking to at least getting a point. They need to start getting some points if they have any chance. Their schedule is favorable coming up, but they are going to start getting some results because if these next 5 matches will determine their fate. 

SPAL
Parma (A) - SPAL has a very tough month ahead of them...and honestly, there is no way this team survives this year. They have recently been horrid recently outside of them scaring Juventus a bit, but this team is as good as being down in Serie B

• The topic was unpinned

Archived