talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 11-12th February, 2020

football forum

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 0-0 bore draw turns into a 1-1 bore draw. Will take that with the state of our performances recently. Pinnock and Jeanvier pretty much closed Leeds front line out by themselves because our midfield and wing backs were poor

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Is Bamford actually any good? It’s maybe just the bad games I see him play but anytime I’ve seen him he’s looked useless.

Think he’s decent he’s probably just knackered/lacking competition 

Look, I think most neutrals will probably say we were on top tonight.

Thought Clinton Morrison was bang on just a minute a go actually. Leeds the better side, but miss that clinical streak that costs is going on and winning games.

Brentford were not themselves. Maybe being favourites pre match or having the expectancy of winning didnt suit them.

We've actually been decent tonight. Credit where its due. I think maybe Thomas Frank also fired us up a bit with his comments. He will probably be happy with the point given their performance.

They didn't like the high press. We didn't see any threat really from their front three because the ball wasn't getting to them quick enough. 2 shots on target all game and one was Kiko Casilla playing silly buggers in front of his goal.

Why Kiko? Hope he gets coronavirus.

A reminder tonight of how good Kalvin Phillips is. Timely return. He was like a hoover, sucking up everything and spraying the ball about well. And Klich was really good too.

Harrison was a threat but his final play was a let down. Helder Costa can get in the sea, most frustrating player I've seen for us in recent seasons. How he's not buried that 2nd half chance I don't know. Pea roller into Reya's hands.

Bamford put in 'effort' but you never feel like he's gonna produce. That header when free in the box second half was prime Bamford. Unmarked, goal at his mercy. Lame finish.

All in all, its not a bad point. But you do think what could have been...

We had the better opportunities. 67% of the ball, twice the amount of shots and 10 corners to 3, which you may think is irrelevant, but shows the pressure we applied whilst also highlighting how many times we waste a good opportunity.

And the goal we conceded, jesus...its absolutely gift wrapped. 

Fair play for showing a bit of character though Leeds. Still not getting my hopes up though.

59 minutes ago, Stan said:

3 goals in 8 mins for Blackburn! 3-0!

I actually think we’re a good outside bet to go down. We were lucky to get a draw at the weekend. The squad is demoralised by selling the best players. Sell them in the summer, not in the middle of the season basically saying ‘we’ve given up’

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I actually think we’re a good outside bet to go down. We were lucky to get a draw at the weekend. The squad is demoralised by selling the best players. Sell them in the summer, not in the middle of the season basically saying ‘we’ve given up’

I think you'll stay up on the premise of winning every now and then to keep you ticking over plus the fact there's more than 3 teams that are shitter than Hull, namely the current bottom 3 and probably Stoke.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think you'll stay up on the premise of winning every now and then to keep you ticking over plus the fact there's more than 3 teams that are shitter than Hull, namely the current bottom 3 and probably Stoke.

Oh I dunno so much. Will they win every now and then though?

I only saw the Brentford game and they were in complete disarray.

@The Artful Dodger could be right.

Everyone's seen the run we just been on and we are right near the top. Morale must be awful there also.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Oh I dunno so much. Will they win every now and then though?

I only saw the Brentford game and they were in complete disarray.

@The Artful Dodger could be right.

Everyone's seen the run we just been on and we are right near the top. Morale must be awful there also.

I'll admit I don't follow them too much but even so, what team goes from January all the way to the end of the season not winning 1 or 2?! Almost inconceivable even for the sides that do get relegated. Even the bottom 3 have won games every now and then. I don't doubt morale must be terrible but you get sides who randomly pull out a win out of nowhere. 

Maybe 29th Feb they'll pick one up ;) 

40 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Look, I think most neutrals will probably say we were on top tonight.

Thought Clinton Morrison was bang on just a minute a go actually. Leeds the better side, but miss that clinical streak that costs is going on and winning games.

Brentford were not themselves. Maybe being favourites pre match or having the expectancy of winning didnt suit them.

We've actually been decent tonight. Credit where its due. I think maybe Thomas Frank also fired us up a bit with his comments. He will probably be happy with the point given their performance.

They didn't like the high press. We didn't see any threat really from their front three because the ball wasn't getting to them quick enough. 2 shots on target all game and one was Kiko Casilla playing silly buggers in front of his goal.

Why Kiko? Hope he gets coronavirus.

A reminder tonight of how good Kalvin Phillips is. Timely return. He was like a hoover, sucking up everything and spraying the ball about well. And Klich was really good too.

Harrison was a threat but his final play was a let down. Helder Costa can get in the sea, most frustrating player I've seen for us in recent seasons. How he's not buried that 2nd half chance I don't know. Pea roller into Reya's hands.

Bamford put in 'effort' but you never feel like he's gonna produce. That header when free in the box second half was prime Bamford. Unmarked, goal at his mercy. Lame finish.

All in all, its not a bad point. But you do think what could have been...

We had the better opportunities. 67% of the ball, twice the amount of shots and 10 corners to 3, which you may think is irrelevant, but shows the pressure we applied whilst also highlighting how many times we waste a good opportunity.

And the goal we conceded, jesus...its absolutely gift wrapped. 

Fair play for showing a bit of character though Leeds. Still not getting my hopes up though.

You were definitely the better side, but reality is you created very little as did we, you just looked better doing it. Neutrals rightly been talking your pressing game up tonight and you were everywhere but I think there’s been a disservice done to Pinnock and Jeanvier, Pinnock especially as he was on every through ball, long ball, 50/50, one on one etc. One of the best performances of the night. He’s been a revelation for us and a lot of the reason behind our solid defence this season. Without him you probably would have nabbed a goal or two extra.

We’ve been poor for a while mind but we’ve managed to take 7 points from the last 12 so that’s not a bad pick up. Hopefully coming out of Winter we can put a decent run together as we normally do to go full steam ahead for the automatics.

I don’t think Frank’s comments were that bad, when you watch the interview he’s complimentary of your lot and wasn’t taking a win for granted. But he’s Danish and they’re very direct in their language, no messing about, really it was our social media “guru” who edited the quote to fit a tweet to make it seem worse than it was. I fucking hate football social media accounts

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I knew you'd sold Bowen but I couldn't believe you'd sold Grosicki too when they mentioned it earlier. Suicidal. To be honest whoever sanctioned that deserves relegation if it happens. Just mental.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

You were definitely the better side, but reality is you created very little as did we, you just looked better doing it. Neutrals rightly been talking your pressing game up tonight and you were everywhere but I think there’s been a disservice done to Pinnock and Jeanvier, Pinnock especially as he was on every through ball, long ball, 50/50, one on one etc. One of the best performances of the night. He’s been a revelation for us and a lot of the reason behind our solid defence this season. Without him you probably would have nabbed a goal or two extra.

We’ve been poor for a while mind but we’ve managed to take 7 points from the last 12 so that’s not a bad pick up. Hopefully coming out of Winter we can put a decent run together as we normally do to go full steam ahead for the automatics.

I don’t think Frank’s comments were that bad, when you watch the interview he’s complimentary of your lot and wasn’t taking a win for granted. But he’s Danish and they’re very direct in their language, no messing about, really it was our social media “guru” who edited the quote to fit a tweet to make it seem worse than it was. I fucking hate football social media accounts

Yeah, to be fair, had both your CB's not been on their game, we might well punished you more severely. They had to handle a lot of pressure and balls in the box, although to be fair, we hold no threat crossing usually so it was meat and drink for them.

I haven't got an issue with what he said before the game either to be honest, it's nice to see managers not regurgitate the same boring stuff.

I'm sure it'd have motivated us mind. Very interesting also that Bielsa used the word 'brave' in describing our performance and the way we took the game to you last night.

Be interesting to see how many times a team comes to you and applies a dominant display like that this season. 

And yet, there will be sides that do little, score twice and win the game. Strange, strange game.

26 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, to be fair, had both your CB's not been on their game, we might well punished you more severely. They had to handle a lot of pressure and balls in the box, although to be fair, we hold no threat crossing usually so it was meat and drink for them.

I haven't got an issue with what he said before the game either to be honest, it's nice to see managers not regurgitate the same boring stuff.

I'm sure it'd have motivated us mind. Very interesting also that Bielsa used the word 'brave' in describing our performance and the way we took the game to you last night.

Be interesting to see how many times a team comes to you and applies a dominant display like that this season. 

And yet, there will be sides that do little, score twice and win the game. Strange, strange game.

Or do little, score once and take 3 points like Forest 😂

• The topic was unpinned

Archived