Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Roma (2018)

I'm down for this. 

I'll try and watch it this week. 

Thank you @Pyfish

Its quite good. I'll wait for everyone to finish watching it then we can start discussing. Thanks for the choice @nudge

• Upvote 1

I've stuck the trailer in the original post too.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Its quite good. I'll wait for everyone to finish watching it then we can start discussing. Thanks for the choice @nudge

Oh you've seen it already? :( 

Just now, nudge said:

Oh you've seen it already? :( 

Thats okay I'll watch it again. Its good to watch movies like this again and I think its a good reco.

• Upvote 1

Not seen this but it sounds like one me and the wife can watch together and the trailer looks good.

Started to watch it last night but it's a no from me, it's sub-titled and in Spanish and there are not many films I can enjoy that's not in English and sub-titled, I wish I was someone like @nudge who can speak/read and listen to multiple languages. 

• Sad 1

Going to try and watch it over the next couple of days. I don't mind films in a foreign language with subtitles so should be fine!

I'll try to watch it tomorrow night. 

Well this is a real slow burner for sure... I'm halfway through and enjoying it but I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea.

I watched the first 30 minutes on Saturday night but then I was falling asleep (not because of the film). I'll give it another more focused attempt later this week!

Yeah I think it turned out to be a bit of a poor choice by me. I enjoyed the film; think it's very beautiful cinematography-wise and it's great as a "slice of life" movie but if you're not into that then it's likely going to bore the crap out of you.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yeah I think it turned out to be a bit of a poor choice by me. I enjoyed the film; think it's very beautiful cinematography-wise and it's great as a "slice of life" movie but if you're not into that then it's likely going to bore the crap out of you.

That's what this is all about though. Watching films that we enjoy but also ones that can be outside of what we would perhaps normally watch. 

Just now, Pyfish said:

That's what this is all about though. Watching films that we enjoy but also ones that can be outside of what we would perhaps normally watch. 

True but still, we're doing this for fun so watching a movie shouldn't feel like a chore... I know I'd quit in the middle of a movie if it didn't appeal to me enough; so I understand that working your way through a 2+ hour slow-paced movie with little plot might seem like an unnecessary waste of time...

So... I think it might be time to choose a new film @Pyfish  xD 

I forgot, sorry @nudge 😂Been away for a few days. Who would you like to nominate for next choice?

I'll message the person you nominate for their choice and then we can keep this thread open if anyone decides to watch it at a later date.

17 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I forgot, sorry @nudge 😂Been away for a few days. Who would you like to nominate for next choice?

I'll message the person you nominate for their choice and then we can keep this thread open if anyone decides to watch it at a later date.

Oh just anyone really; I think @Mel81x was supposed to choose before me so let's nominate him.

Some snappy customers in here haha. It is a slow movie though and hard to really stay focused on it unless you want to really watch it.